Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4 VS PC version

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

PS4 VS PC version

Just had a friend (PC user) coming over and enjoying the PS4 version with G29 on raceseat.

He can now understand my frustration with this game. He wanted to win a career race (Nürburgring sprint) with mercedes evolution on AI 30. He had no chance and finished 7th with a 27sec gap to P1 after 3 rounds. On PC he plays with AI 80+

After this was my favourite: I got invited to silverstone (Mclaren F1, stormy weather). He couldn't make it farther than corner 3 where the car starts to skid and spin at 30 km/h first gear.

He quit playing, saying this game is ridiculous on PS4 and NO match with PC version.
    FFB was horrible and AI in no way realistic. The game is not playable on PS4 pro

There are so many issues of that 70€, unfinished, outsourced version which does in no way justify the 20€ more that PS4 users had to pay in contrast to a more elaborate PC version. I don't think that sms will fix all the issues that are described in this forum, because they didn't fix them in pcars1 either.

PCars2 is, at the moment, the worst game that I've ever played on release in my more than 25 years of gaming.
    Last edited by hossa; 25-09-2017 at 17:18.
    The following 9 users likes this Post: ace1973, Civic, CodeCmdr, Crazyglues, Diablo944, Ford GT, KasperVJensen, Reinart86, tmitch45

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hossa View Post

The game is not playable on PS4 pro

There are so many issues of that 70€, unfinished, outsourced version which does in no way justify the 20€ more that PS4 users had to pay in contrast to a more elaborate PC version. I don't think that sms will fix all the issues that are described in this forum, because they didn't fix them in pcars1 either.

PCars2 is, at the moment, the worst game that I've ever played on release in my more than 25 years of gaming.
    Worst game you ever played on release in 25 years? Wow, you have been lucky.

That said, i am truly hating pcars 2 right now on ps4. Pre release testing done by different people for pc and consoles has managed to create a situation where the ps4 version is crap (that's not saying pc users dont have issues too, just that somehow the ps4 problems came as a huge surprise to all apparently). On ps4 the T300 wheel has a deadzone wide enough to drive a ginetta through. I know wheel users make up a small portion of gamers, but seriously, the t300 is used by a lot of players on ps4 so getting that control wrong sucks. The simplified ffb options and loss of individual car settings for ffb mean that the wheel may never be as good as it was on pcars1, and thats even if they fix the deadzone. Handling is dubious, force feedback is not a patch on pcars 1. On first release pcars1 was also crap with lots of issues that needed fixing though so its not game over yet. I kind of hoped that after the rocky start to the original, the second rendition would be better out of the gate. But its most definitely not. My copy has been hurled to the back of the cupboard until its been patched, patched and repatched, so hopefully sometime in the next few months it will be worth the effort to dig back out. Of course by then gt sport will be out and if polyphony get things right then pcars can wait til next year for me. I am hugely disappointed with pcars 2 on ps4. I would rather have spent fifty quid on pcars 1 dlc to get similar stuff to the new game than have to be a bug tester all over again on a new product with more big flaws. Pcars 2 is currently a two steps forward one step back game. Its expanded to be more than pcars 1 was, but the problems, hiccups, bugs, issues it has brought with it are too much for me. I spent a couple of days trying to gel with the new game and just wasn't feeling it. Then I put pcars 1 in and played that (and my button box works in it btw, how the new game came out without button box support belies belief). Five minutes back on pcars one was all it took to decide to fling the new game into the sinbin. Its all well and good having the best physics, weather, track data, but if the gameplay is flawed then its on a road to nowhere. I know this is a personal rant, that what I think is 'off' isnt necessarily what others agree with. But in the first hour I found pit guys standing in walls, waving me out with only an arm a head and leg visible, vague handling, horrible wheel control, npc vehicles driving like they are in a demolition derby, traction issues, options we took for granted in pcars one now long gone (a non working button box is in that list of issues too). Yet somehow the people who supposedly ok'd it for release found no issues. The forum is lighting up with bug reports, glitches and issues, and although I agree that in this day and age its rare for a game to release without some bugs, much less one that has expanded its repertoir, but at least most titles get the basics right and play well enough at the start. I wish they had given it to people who played pcars before rather than whoever playtested it, at the moment I am guessing they are tetris grandmasters who last played a racing game when Daytona USA was in the arcades. How is the game supposed to achieve any parity when such a difference in testers exists. I have friends who like driveclub (I don't) , friends who use wheels (g29 and t300), friends who use gamepad with thumbstick and others who use tilt controls. If I was given the task of playtesting it would be on a ps4 pro with t300, shifter, upgraded 3 pedal set and a button box. Give it me on a pc and it would be with the same control setup. But give it one of my friends who uses nothing but a gamepad then none of my stuff would be a consideration. Then instead of a blanket playtest that encompassed all formats and brought a similar feel to all, we would have disparate entities deciding the best course to 'ideal'. Have 5 people draw 'a box with a circle in it' and chances are they will all be very different drawings.

Some people out there are glad to have the game as it is and play it til its fixed. Others are returning it or venting their spleens in here. I am giving it a couple of months to see how it goes later when its been patched up some. until then its a dead game, a bugged release and is at the time of wring, not worth wasting time on.
    Last edited by Diablo944; 27-09-2017 at 18:28. Reason: Spelling
    Grandstand/Atari VCS/zx81/ZX Spectrum 48k/CBM 64/Atari STfm/CBM Amiga/Sega master system/Sega Genesis/Sega32x/Sega Saturn/SegaDreamcast/Super Nintendo/Nintendo 64/Sony PSX/Playstation 2/Playstation 3/Playstation 4/xbox/Xbox360/Lots of pc's/Plus Lots of portable gaming stuff/dfgt/thrustmaster t300rs with pro pedals and th8a.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: ace1973, KasperVJensen, superdry, The_Flurk

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Strangely, I am comforted by having confirmation that the PC and PS4 versions feel completely different...
    Can hardly wait for the fixes or even knowing when fixes will come (days? weeks?).

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Totally agree diablo944. I'm back with pcars one. It feels right. I'm simply frustrated to have spend 70€ on a game that will and can't be played for the next couple of months. I never had a game in the last 25 years which didn't match its own basic standards (in racing it should be adequate taking of time and 'realistic' AI) GT5 on ps3 was crap, too but you could play it on day one. All these issues are way too much and sms / wmd haven't learned from the pitch of pcars1. They simply neglect(ed) ps4 (again).
    The following user likes this Post: ace1973

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Wow, I’m quite surprised to hear that there are major differences between the PC and console versions of the game. Even though I had a feeling there was (at least at this moment in time). Explains why PC players seem to be singing the games praises and yet console players seem to be much more mixed in their reactions.

Genuinely can’t believe that the console port of the game wasn’t tested properly or more thoroughly before release.
    I do however have faith that in time tweaks and fixes will come through to balance the differences.

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Console Version where tested by Professional Q&A Teams. (Outsourced not SMS)

There shouldn't be any Major differences between PC and Console. (Even if the Consoles have much less CPU/GPU Power).

There will be for sure Optimations in the next few Week/Months etc.

Underlaying FFB Issues on Consoles are allready beeing worked on. (As many other Things)
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by stephensmattlee View Post
    Wow, I’m quite surprised to hear that there are major differences between the PC and console versions of the game. Even though I had a feeling there was (at least at this moment in time). Explains why PC players seem to be singing the games praises and yet console players seem to be much more mixed in their reactions.

Genuinely can’t believe that the console port of the game wasn’t tested properly or more thoroughly before release.
    I do however have faith that in time tweaks and fixes will come through to balance the differences.
    The game was 'tested' by third party companies. Not sms / wmd themselves. But nobody obviously experienced any major issues... But we do after a couple of hours gaming. Something's clearly wrong here
    The following 6 users likes this Post: CPS-3, Diablo944, KasperVJensen, pa_pinkelman, Reinart86, slowGamer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post

There shouldn't be any Major differences between PC and Console. (Even if the Consoles have much less CPU/GPU Power).

Underlaying FFB Issues on Consoles are allready beeing worked on. (As many other Things)
    Sorry, sir. But there clearly ARE MAJOR differences. neither i nor my friend could believe it but everything seems to be different: ffb, career races, AI. I had the direct comparison today and the both of us have played pcars one for hundreds of hours with decent equipment (wheels, seats) at more or less the same level. Ps4 version can't be played properly and is full of inconsistencies
    Last edited by hossa; 25-09-2017 at 20:10.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post

Underlying FFB Issues on Consoles are allready beeing worked on. (As many other Things)
    The obvious problem with outsourcing Q&A is what and how they are told to test. If they didn't have a proper basis for comparison, it's no surprise the testers checked the okay box on while going through their checklist. Also, in hindsight, wasn't the decision to not do any in-house testing at all a rather awful one?
    I am somewhat shocked you don't have a playroom with each platform available with a variety of wheels and controllers available just for employee break time!!
    Major differences. Isn't total lack of UDP telemetry on consoles major? Honestly, I would NOT own it right now had I known this feature was not included. As FFB and general wheel feel, that is also a major difference but which probably is the result of a very minor difference -- could be as simple as the base value for one critical variable that makes PC version FFB work fine and console not (because of constant over- or under-powering of FFB?).

Going forward, I wish they could release fixes as they become ready instead of waiting for a dozen fixes to be released all at once. In the meantime, I can still enjoy the other racing game that was released last month.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Diablo944, superdry

Platform
    PS4
    So far I'm glad I didn't preorder. My long streak of only buying odd-numbered releases of racing game series games is currently set to continue.

Professional QA doesn't mean good QA. Based on what I've read, seen, watched, and heard, the QA used for the PS4 version choose "fast and cheap" and not "good" from the triangle-of-development.

And don't you dare tell me there's no major differences between the console and PC versions. As an avid developer and supporter of the 3rd party apps, the lack of UDP broadcast at release combined with absolutely no communication that it wouldn't be there is almost unforgivable. Especially, again, combined with the significant problems being reported.
    Project CARS Replay Enhancer (Thread): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...eplay-Enhancer
    Kobernulf Monnur's Driver Journey: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...mO1D9jU200jcWJ
    The following 8 users likes this Post: ace1973, chickano, CPS-3, Crazyglues, Diablo944, KasperVJensen, slowGamer, superdry