Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4 VS PC version

Platform
    PC
    EDIT: non-constructive comments like "this is lame" were (and will be deleted). Refrain to make them, please.
    Last edited by Aldo Zampatti; 26-09-2017 at 05:29.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Thread was closed by accident. Reopened.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Ok. Although i didn't state 'this is lame' but was talking about the explanations and excuses of the develeoper. But fair enough
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hossa View Post
    The game was 'tested' by third party companies. Not sms / wmd themselves.
    Due to business politics of Sony and Microsoft, WMD was not allowed to test the console builds. Many many people over at WMD asked several times for these builds, but they got a no-go.
    Ryzen 5 2600x | Arctic Freezer 33 Plus | Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G | 16GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 3200 | Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base + CSL Elite McLaren GT3 + Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter - Windows 10 x64

Member of Revolution Sim Racing
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Dereenigne, Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift2603 View Post
    Due to business politics of Sony and Microsoft, WMD was not allowed to test the console builds. Many many people over at WMD asked several times for these builds, but they got a no-go.
    I really don't want to sound rude but NOW we know this and wmd / Sms are stating this clearly. Wouldn't it be fair for the customers to have known this BEFORE release? sms was always talking about pcars2 in general and every ps4 user was so looking forward to it after pcars1. However, sms was obviously solely talking about PC version. In no way could the ps4 gamers imagine that there might be a (non-graphic related) difference between the versions at all, let alone these major issues
    Last edited by hossa; 26-09-2017 at 06:07.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Crazyglues, Hoopdriver, Stevefoz

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by hossa View Post
    I really don't want to sound rude but NOW we know this and wmd / Sms are stating this clearly. Wouldn't it be fair for the customers to have known this BEFORE release? sms was always talking about pcars2 in general and every ps4 user was so looking forward to it after pcars1. In no way could the ps4 gamers imagine that there might be a difference between the versions, let alone these major issues
    That's because SMS (and us WMD2 Ps4 owners) were in the understanding that Ps4 beta testing was still a possibility...
    It was only up to late in the development that it became apparent it wouldn't happen...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

Platform
    PC
    OK I think this uninformed finger-pointing and speculation needs to stop.

If SMS decided to go with professional 3rd-party console testing then they expected certain quality from that just like when any other developer would hire them. The fact that WMD wasn't involved in console testing is of no importance since WMD is made up of enthusiastic volunteers who test if available and capable on PC. WMD is not a guarantee for watertight testing, so communicating up-front to potential customers that WMD didn't test consoles doesn't tell anyone anything. There can be many different reasons why things went different on consoles, many of them unrelated to who tested what.

As for UDP missing on consoles, it will be enabled in an upcoming patch.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Konan, Shepard2603, Siberian Tiger

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    That's because SMS (and us WMD2 Ps4 owners) were in the understanding that Ps4 beta testing was still a possibility...
    It was only up to late in the development that it became apparent it wouldn't happen...
    Now i got it. Thanks for the explanation

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    In a constructive sense, I think consumers should have been informed that PS4 beta testing wasn't going to happen which would allow them to make an informed choice whether or not to purchase this game on day 1, or wait until later on in the patching cycle to invest in the game. I believe this would have been a fair thing to do, but perhaps the commercial reasons wouldn't allow this.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by superdry View Post
    In a constructive sense, I think consumers should have been informed that PS4 beta testing wasn't going to happen which would allow them to make an informed choice whether or not to purchase this game on day 1, or wait until later on in the patching cycle to invest in the game. I believe this would have been a fair thing to do, but perhaps the commercial reasons wouldn't allow this.
    Beta testing did happen on PS4, just not through WMD.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, oege