Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4 VS PC version

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    Thread was closed by accident. Reopened.
    This was lame
    PS4 Pro
    T300rs - T3PA - STAND built out of MDF
    55" Sony Bravia KDL55W805
    PSVR
    eagerly awaiting support from PCars 2
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Beta testing did happen on PS4, just not through WMD.
    Should have tested the Beta testers. Also, you shouldnt need Beta testers to see that the same bugs and glitches got carried over from Pcars1 to Pcars2. Camera view changing when starting new races, wich forces you to assign a button for it. Horrible glitches when people join or leave a lobby (this actually got worse compared to Pcars1). Apart from all the new bugs and glitches, this is unforgivable in my opinion. This whole outsourcing of the testing excuse doesnt go up if you are selling the game as finished for 60/70 Euro's. It is not worth it in this state and someone at the top of SMS should have realized this. I can not believe no one knew it was gonna be this bad on ps4. Really no one put the disc in and tried for a day or two before going gold? Some modesty and honesty would be in place, or better just a straight up delay of release. I understand that Bandai Namco has a part in this too, but at least for me Project Cars 2 has made my faith and thrust in SMS as a company vanish into thin air. This was one of my most aticipated games in the lifetime of the ps4, by far the most when it comes to racing games, unfortunatly its uninstalled after one long weekend. I really hope you guys can set this straight, there is so much potential, but potential means absolutely nothing at this moment.
    There can be reasons for it beeing the way it is, and they can all be valid, but that changes nothing in the massive dissapointment that i and probably many others have experienced the last few days.
    And that feeling can not be patched.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: blausven, Diablo944, Hoopdriver, Reinart86, superdry, xterno500

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by hossa View Post
    He wanted to win a career race (Nürburgring sprint) with mercedes evolution on AI 30. He had no chance and finished 7th with a 27sec gap to P1 after 3 rounds. On PC he plays with AI 80+
    OK, this explains and itīs not me. I had no problems with PC1 or Assetto. But Iīm stuck in this Career race at the moment too. And itīs only second on a car that drived very easy in PC1.
    Yesterday I tried like 6 or 7 times till I frustrated gave up when you are spinning out in the last couple laps all the time. I had zero chance on normal settings. With AI and agression set to around 30 I was at least able to stay in the top 5. But I had to drive my car like on raw eggs while the AI seems to drive like on rails. Same car overtakes me on full speed, same car overtakes me on the grass in corners. After corners they boost away like nothing. ridiculous.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    The AI are remarkable. It is constantly amazing how they can hold so much speed without the slightest wobble in sections you must walk on egg shells but then go so slow in a easy section or even a straight line and you can drive around them like they are standing still. It's also always amazing how they can hold the outside line on a corner and still go faster than a perfect racing line and also finish the corner in the middle of the track not the outside. And this is on a setting of only 75 where they should be running a stock setup.

They are also remarkably stupid, you can run the inside defensive line the whole way down a straight and sure enough they will still run into the back of you as if you were on the other line and they went for a divebomb.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by FreefallRLC View Post
    OK, this explains and itīs not me. I had no problems with PC1 or Assetto. But Iīm stuck in this Career race at the moment too. And itīs only second on a car that drived very easy in PC1.
    Yesterday I tried like 6 or 7 times till I frustrated gave up when you are spinning out in the last couple laps all the time. I had zero chance on normal settings. With AI and agression set to around 30 I was at least able to stay in the top 5. But I had to drive my car like on raw eggs while the AI seems to drive like on rails. Same car overtakes me on full speed, same car overtakes me on the grass in corners. After corners they boost away like nothing. ridiculous.
    And that's exactly why I opened this thread. You simply can't win certain races, no matter what setting you use for AI. I tried with AI 0 and couldn't win due to these tremendous issues of the game. AI is set randomly and winning or losing pure chance. I opened this thread because up to then almost nobody seemed to have experienced these issues.

The same goes for qualifying: You are on P1 skip to the end of Q session and end up last. Restarting qualifying and racing the same time again and waiting to the end of session makes you start P1, allegedly. However, when I continued to the race I started last. Words couldn't describe my frustration which is why I asked a PC user to come over, because he kept on mocking my driving skills - he said the game was brilliant and a true improvement to pcars1 on PC with only minor issues. He said I was exaggerating and simply too slow, just needed the right setup. After one hour of setting ffb and trying he gave up on the aforementioned races in career on my ps4 version: Quotation: "that's ridiculous" (in German)

I keep on repeating myself but this game on ps4pro is unplayable and incomparable to PC version and I wouldn't have preordered it if I had known all these issues. I wanted to check if others have experienced the same problems so far.
    Last edited by hossa; 26-09-2017 at 10:37.
    The following user likes this Post: stephensmattlee

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    True. There is A LOT to fix.
    PC1 was very well playable. Even though I learned Assetto physics are better and it was nice that they tried to implement some Assetto into PC. But it turned out to become unplayable. The cars have way too less tracktion (even set on full) and tires skidding and sliding like nuts.
    Try The Aventador on Nordschleife. In Assetto very nice to drive and realistic breaking/tracktion. In PC2 it leels like zero driving aids with old tires in rain.
    Worst is snow driving. The AI drives like in normal dry conditions and I donīt even manage to slow start driving or gently break without spinning 180 degrees

Platform
    PC
    Even though I learned Assetto physics are better and it was nice that they tried to implement some Assetto into PC.
    This couldn't be further from the truth, really.
    AC was never the benchmark during development, real life was/is.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Invincible, Konan, wyldanimal

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    True. There is A LOT to fix.
    PC1 was very well playable. Even though I learned Assetto physics are better and it was nice that they tried to implement some Assetto into PC. But it turned out to become unplayable. The cars have way too less tracktion (even set on full) and tires skidding and sliding like nuts.
    Try The Aventador on Nordschleife. In Assetto very nice to drive and realistic breaking/tracktion. In PC2 it leels like zero driving aids with old tires in rain.
    Worst is snow driving. The AI drives like in normal dry conditions and I donīt even manage to slow start driving or gently break without spinning 180 degrees
    I'm not about to excuse all the nonsense going on over here in PC land but I keep seeing statements like this about AC and it's crazy, it makes me wonder how many people actually drive cars or even have a basic grasp on physics. AC is a very fun sim and does a lot right but it is seriously flawed. There is a serious reverse physics issue that is present in many cars. I can only assume there is something in the code that makes weight shift work back to front but in AC when your car wont turn in you simply accelerate and it magically goes where ever you point it. This is the opposite of reality. On corner entry your weight is forward and if your tyres can't bite accelerating makes that worse by unloading the tyres in real life, but in AC accelerating magically gives the front tyres grip.

Kart Driver
    There's no question about the game being beta tested, but clearly something went critically wrong during that phase.

The PS4 version is unplayable, period.
    That means testing has been conducted in a very insufficient way.
    If even the gameplay differences are this huge (I'm not even talking bugs or very bad FFB), comparing PS4 to PC, then clearly some people, some team or someone made big mistakes and/or is very incompetent.

It's very sad that we all, as huge SMS/pcars fans posting to this forum, got played by this incompetence. I personally feel very much abandoned by SMS (in the end I'm glad there's at least some occasional response). I don't mean to start ranting about it, all I'm asking is that you acknowledge and start working pro-actively (test yourself and proactively solve bugs you discovered yourself, don't wait for us to post all the crap) on the PS4 version, because incompetence has killed the initial release. There's still time to fix this, but I hope the whole dev team realizes it's not as much as months, as officially stated on this forum a few times. I am pretty sure if a game stay on the shelf for two weeks, there's a very high chance it'll stay there for the rest of its days.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Diablo944, Flins, L86S18K15, Reinart86, stephensmattlee, Stevefoz, superdry

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Flurk View Post
    The PS4 version is unplayable,period

incompetence has killed the initial release.
    Sad but true
    The following user likes this Post: Ford GT