Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No splash or mud effects? [There are]

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

No splash or mud effects? [There are]

In game with rain, the cars do not splash water up into the air like in the videos. When doing rally cross mud does not get thrown on the windshield and I can't hear the race engineer at all. What is the issue? Does ps4 pro not support these features? I have the digital download version and at this point I'm pissed off because had I known it was going to run so shitty I would have gambled on running this on my pc.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    @Rx - I was in a career race at Silverstone in drying conditions and the cars in front were throwing up spray and water droplets landed onto my windscreen when they drove through puddles, looked amazing.

Try setting the engineer to always on, I hear him.

@Xt - There is an AI difficulty setting as well as an aggression setting.

PC users always get the latest builds far in advance of console versions... not a joke, just a reality.
    Last edited by Sum Dixon-Ear; 25-09-2017 at 23:51.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba
    The following user likes this Post: Sessionerror

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Xterno50 View Post

Also, the PC is runing the 866 build and console is on the 844 lol what a joke
    they can pump as many patches as they want on PC but on consoles they have to make them approved, wich takes some days
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Yea, idk puddles were just glass puddles I would hydroplane and it would feel like a puddle but watching the replay there is no misting spray from driving and the puddles didn't do anything except look like I drove over ice.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdrifter7 View Post
    Yea, idk puddles were just glass puddles I would hydroplane and it would feel like a puddle but watching the replay there is no misting spray from driving and the puddles didn't do anything except look like I drove over ice.
    Replays have much reduced visual acuity for memory purposes.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GenBrien View Post
    they can pump as many patches as they want on PC but on consoles they have to make them approved, wich takes some days
    Same as on PC1 - the fact that testing gets done much more on the PC than the consoles.
    There is such a huge fan base, I'm surprised that there isnt a PS4 testing group.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Even racing other cars, the cars in front were not causing a mist effect it was like racing I the dry, and when they hit puddles while in game it was like ice. Hell there wasn't even tire smoke or tire marks from slamming on the brakes.

I did however shut the console off and tried again to race again in the rain and now there's tire misting and puddle splashes in race and during the replay now. It's some kind of bug I guess, really annoying.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdrifter7 View Post
    Even racing other cars, the cars in front were not causing a mist effect it was like racing I the dry, and when they hit puddles while in game it was like ice. Hell there wasn't even tire smoke or tire marks from slamming on the brakes.

I did however shut the console off and tried again to race again in the rain and now there's tire misting and puddle splashes in race and during the replay now. It's some kind of bug I guess, really annoying.
    I certainly get my windscreen covered as the car in front crosses a puddle.

EDIT just read the bottom bit... Hmm... first mention but we'll keep and eye on it.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Rxdrifter7, Schadows

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    (Hi Ian, many thanks to the team for this amazing piece of software....really !!!)

Is it possible to improve "visual acuity" in replays during the future process of refinement/optimization by patches ?

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Maybe in the future you guys should be honest and tell us that the replays and cutscenes used prior to release were all on PC, and the console versions are going to look like crap. I'm not sure but seems like the consoles should have enough processing power at this point to at least have consistent spray in the replay or the cars not rendered in 2D unless they are right in front of the camera. Kind of loses the whole raining effect when watching a replay when the distant shots the track looks completely dry, but as the car gets close oh wow there is spray and it is raining. Very disappointing.