Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: [Magic inside!] Need Help With Differentials

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I tried to adjust engine braking on one of my most troublesome cars last night, the BMW 320TC, but the settings only went from 1 to 5 and I guess the default was already at 4. It didn't seem to help it much. At the shorter Hockenheim course where I was running it it spun out at turn 1 and also that medium speed right hander as you enter the arena. It's like whichever direction the turn is, the outside tire speeds up and pushes it further in the direction you're turning. Now if I'm going way too fast for the turn and spin it out, that's on me. And at least with me this car doesn't like kerbs because I've spun it out at turn 1 Hockenheim by clipping that left hand kerb, Long Beach on the second right after you go around the fountain, and numerous other places.

The V8 Supercar is the same way except more extreme I'm guessing because of all that torque it's very touchy on corner exit but I haven't looked at it's engine braking yet.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    For me lowering preload to minimum really fixed it. No sudden spin-outs anymore and a way more predictable behaviour. Have you tried to switch off all diffs completely in order to see whether this changes your car's disadvantageous attitude towards cornering?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Tim View Post
    For me lowering preload to minimum really fixed it. No sudden spin-outs anymore and a way more predictable behaviour. Have you tried to switch off all diffs completely in order to see whether this changes your car's disadvantageous attitude towards cornering?
    No not really. Since I've just started messing around with those settings I haven't done much. I didn't even know you could switch them off.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    I tried to adjust engine braking on one of my most troublesome cars last night, the BMW 320TC, but the settings only went from 1 to 5 and I guess the default was already at 4. It didn't seem to help it much. At the shorter Hockenheim course where I was running it it spun out at turn 1 and also that medium speed right hander as you enter the arena. It's like whichever direction the turn is, the outside tire speeds up and pushes it further in the direction you're turning. Now if I'm going way too fast for the turn and spin it out, that's on me. And at least with me this car doesn't like kerbs because I've spun it out at turn 1 Hockenheim by clipping that left hand kerb, Long Beach on the second right after you go around the fountain, and numerous other places.

The V8 Supercar is the same way except more extreme I'm guessing because of all that torque it's very touchy on corner exit but I haven't looked at it's engine braking yet.

Hi,
    In regards to these two cars, try using the clutch + heel and toe if you are up for it, especially with the 320TC. I was having serious rear end lock ups as you are having and with a little patience these start to work well. i am actually using the H-gate and clutch instead of sequential with both these cars. i can also pm you my setups if you like.

Phil
    I7 4770 - Corsair 16GB DDR3 - Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD - Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB - ASUS GTX1070 -
    ANTEC 650W PSU - Philips 32" - WIN10 - FANATEC Porsche 911GT2 - FANATEC CSR Elite Pedals - H Shifter - ( 2 Cats - Sushi & Crumble )