Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General forum behaviour

Platform
    PC

General forum behaviour

Hi all.

We're very happy with and appreciative of all of the feedback you are providing. Any and all critique is welcomed and will remain up providing the thread stays civil and doesn't descend into excessive abuse and vitriol.

Threads that do so will be deleted. The team and moderators will not be subjected to unwarranted abuse.

As of now we have around 5 strong issues and 20 minor issues, many of which have already been fixed internally and will arrive in a patch very soon.

For context, it has been our cleanest ship since GTR2 over a decade ago yet it is massively more complex. Therefore we aren't criminals, cheats or highway robbers and we don't need to be reported to [insert favourite agency].

The game is rolling on an 87% average and is growing even on those that distinctly disliked pCARS1.

So please, keep it civil, have fun, don't abuse individuals and let's all enjoy what we have. We will continue to make it better.

Platform
    PC
    Guys, have fun and stay civil (as Ian said)! Not many CEOs give end-customers this chance of direct communication. So take good advantage of it.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Hi all.

We're very happy with and appreciative of all of the feedback you are providing. Any and all critique is welcomed and will remain up providing the thread stays civil and doesn't descend into excessive abuse and vitriol.

Threads that do so will be deleted. The team and moderators will not be subjected to unwarranted abuse.

As of now we have around 5 strong issues and 20 minor issues, many of which have already been fixed internally and will arrive in a patch very soon.

For context, it has been our cleanest ship since GTR2 over a decade ago yet it is massively more complex. Therefore we aren't criminals, cheats or highway robbers and we don't need to be reported to [insert favourite agency].

The game is rolling on an 87% average and is growing even on those that distinctly disliked pCARS1.

So please, keep it civil, have fun, don't abuse individuals and let's all enjoy what we have. We will continue to make it better.
    Can i just say personally that i found this release to be near on trouble free and with minimal fixes required. These really are little fixes and about the only thing i could critique would be some oft he sounds of the cars (Being an avid car racer all my life)

Also i enjoyed that youtube stream you did with the aussie fella the other day as well, gave a really good insight to the team, you and the game.

Anyway good work fellas and maybe see you on the circuit.

Cheers
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K, Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X-Gaming K5 Motherboard ,Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AORUS 11GB, Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4, Solid State Drive: Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD

Superkart Pilot JoshTheGeologist's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Hi all.

I'm surprised you guys don't punch your computers with all the ludicrous comments on here. The game does have several bugs, but I do not believe they outshine the game. This game has so much potential and I am so excited for the future of this series. I must say, I really appreciate you guys being here. I don't know of any other games where we can have this close of contact to the devs. I am very glad we get to do this, and I thank you for offering us this experience. Getting this kind of experience is what makes me feel loyal to this series. Keep rockin' on guys.
    Last edited by JoshTheGeologist; 26-09-2017 at 04:25.
    Master's student and Graduate Assistant in geological sciences. Quotes =/= endorsements. PSN: Pie4July. Project Cars 2 focus - Rallycross, GT3, NASCAR, GT4, GTE, Group 4, Group A, GTO

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshTheGeologist View Post
    I'm surprised you guys don't punch your computers with all the ludicrous comments on here. The game does have several bugs, but I do not believe they outshine the game. This game has so much potential and I am so excited for the future of this series. I must say, I really appreciate you guys being here. I don't know of any other games where we can have this close of contact to the devs. I am very glad we get to do this, and I thank you for offering us this experience. Getting this kind of experience is what makes me feel loyal to this series. Keep rockin' on guys.
    I do already have a crack in my iPad from serving as a flying object once... j/k
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, amazed, blot, Mowzer, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    XBOX1
    Read this earlier... Pretty apt.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/09/25/g...wasnt-so-toxic

I, for my part, promise not to report any of you to my favourite agency. Although I'm really not sure what the Forestry Commission would have to say to you about any of it but I'm a man of my word. There will be no blockade of John Deere Forwarders outside your office.

I also find it to be largely trouble free from the off, but even if I didn't I wouldn't be a d*ck about it and grass you up to the FC.

Superkart Pilot JoshTheGeologist's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    I do already have a crack in my iPad from serving as a flying object once... j/k
    I can relate to how the devs feel. Its not too different for me as a scientist. You put all this work, effort into something. You believe in it, you love it. Then someone shuts you down for a ludicrous reason. It's infuriating. I'm just happy Mr. Bell has pushed it to the side and continued to do this for the rest of us.
    Master's student and Graduate Assistant in geological sciences. Quotes =/= endorsements. PSN: Pie4July. Project Cars 2 focus - Rallycross, GT3, NASCAR, GT4, GTE, Group 4, Group A, GTO
    The following 5 users likes this Post: amazed, ASingfield, Konan, Mowzer, Roger Prynne

Platform
    XBOX1
    I may report you to another favourite agency though... The Equality Commission! Where is my Scottish flag as a driver choice?

Two circuits, no flag... Who do I have to scream at incessantly and incoherently to fix this game breaking issue?! Everybody knows you get the real work done by being loud and obnoxious.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mowzer, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PC
    I'd really like to start off my Project CARS 2 experience on a positive note, but some of the issues I've seen repeatedly reported sound like they would frustrate me enough to detract from my overall experience & impressions of the game. I am very interested in buying, but I am anxiously awaiting post-launch patch notes to see what areas get addressed & how soon. Thanks for your responsiveness with the community.
    Platform: desktop PC | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII GENE | CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4GHz quad-core
    Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB PCIe3.0x16 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866MHz
    System SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB SATA3 | Game SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA3
    Game Controller: ThrustMaster T150 | Display: Asus VG248QE 24-inch 144Hz 1ms 1920x1080
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Morgan Henstridge, SenorPez

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by OperatorWay View Post
    I'd really like to start off my Project CARS 2 experience on a positive note, but some of the issues I've seen repeatedly reported sound like they would frustrate me enough to detract from my overall experience & impressions of the game. I am very interested in buying, but I am anxiously awaiting post-launch patch notes to see what areas get addressed & how soon. Thanks for your responsiveness with the community.
    That's fair enough...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!