Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheel degree of rotation

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Wheel degree of rotation

Can you change the wheel degree of rotation in the settings somewhere? I freaking cannot run this game with my Logitech G920 if I have to use 900 degrees of rotation. This isn't the the FFB problem; it's just that every time I try to drive, I re-pull an arm muscle trying to muscle the car through sharp curves.

I hate this freaking wheel! But in games where I can change the rotation, at least I'm competent.

Yeah, this may just be an old man's problem, but it's my old man's problem.

Did I say I hate this wheel? Well, there you go.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Have you correctly calibrated the wheel in settings? In my personal experience with the G920, I have not had this issue.
    Click here for my PC2 photo gallery!
    Xbox Gamertag: mikke121
    Favourite Cars: 2013 Ford Falcon FG, Formula A/1 2015 Mercedes AMG GT3, 2016 Ford GT, 2016 Ford Focus RS Rallycross
    Favourite Tracks: Azure Circuit (Monaco), Bathurst, Long Beach, Hockenheimring
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I had this issue, but actually it's a non-issue.

When the game asked me to calibrate the wheel it asked me to rotate the wheel to full lock - which I did. Then it said turn the wheel to 90 degrees - which I did. The result was that the game recognised the full lock of the wheel - and yes! - trying to drive a kart on 900 degree rotation is tricky to say the least.

The solution is that you go to Calibrate Wheel. When it asks you to turn to full lock only turn it to the extreme lock you want to use. For me this was approx 110 degrees anti-clockwise, ... then hit 'A'. Then you need to turn the wheel 90 degrees and hit 'A'. I turned mine from centre to 90 degrees clockwise. The result is that the karts have full lock on only just 110 degrees (estimate) turn of the wheel.

It has made a world of difference as before I was continually restarting and getting very very frustrated. Now all cars drive well. However, I am preparing myself for that moment when a certain track / car combination will need recalibrating the wheel. Even if this is true, it is simply a 10 second operation.

Do let me know how you get on. Perhaps I've misunderstood your question or maybe after this you'll be flying - let's hope the latter.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Good idea hunt, but when the game applies a soft lock (For cars with smaller steering racks), you may find this a disadvantage.. however i never tested the karts, i thought the softlock should kick in around 3/4 of a turn.. (Possibly the FFB isnt forcing the soft lock on your wheel) ?
    CPU : I7-7700k, 16gb Gskill 3200 DDR4 Ram. GTX 1070
    3x27" AOC Monitors, G29, with custom perfect pedal mod.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by drathuu View Post
    Good idea hunt, but when the game applies a soft lock (For cars with smaller steering racks), you may find this a disadvantage.. however i never tested the karts, i thought the softlock should kick in around 3/4 of a turn.. (Possibly the FFB isnt forcing the soft lock on your wheel) ?
    Perhaps, I didn't think of that. But the adjustment still worked and has done for other cars. What I need to test is some racing cars on tracks with really tight turns and left to rights. If the steering copes with the high weight transfer and rapid decel and accel then I'm on a winner.

Platform
    PC
    I honestly don't understand your approach guys. The game is designed to always use your correct steering angle so there's no need to calibrate to an artificial value.
    If you want to be able to make turns with less steering angle on your wheel you should adjust the steering ratio in the car setup.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 8 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, Canadian_2Four, Ixoye56, JasonSandwich, Mowzer, Roger Prynne, Sankyo, Zaskarspants

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I've never understood this myself and never had any problems with steering lock.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    If you want to be able to make turns with less steering angle on your wheel you should adjust the steering ratio in the car setup.

This ^^
    Karts have always been a bad customer to me... in the sense that they required orders of magnitude of greater steering sensitivity than regular cars.
    In fact on karts I always set the steering ratio at the maximum value in the setup, and this helps to some extent... but usually something else is also needed, setup-wise.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
    CPU: i5-7600K @4.63GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming A8G
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Oculus Touch Controllers
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N, nVidia WHQL Drivers 388.31

Platform
    PC
    To add to the answers to the OP: the game uses the wheel rotation of the real car that you're driving in the game. So provided that you calibrated the wheel correctly in the game, cars will behave as their real-life counterparts. If the car has too much steering angle for you, blame real life
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    I honestly don't understand your approach guys. The game is designed to always use your correct steering angle so there's no need to calibrate to an artificial value.
    Soft lock dor is not working or not implemented? Do I have to set steering angle per car?

I.e. 900* rotation fine for road cars but not for indy car.

Pc1 had soft lock, pc2 this is not working!
    Xbox One X
    TX wheel base - SparcoŽ R383 wheel
    T3PA peddels with bodin load cell
    TH8A Shifter with ricmo tech quick shift plate
    Playseat challenge