Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheel degree of rotation

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsjester View Post
    Soft lock dor is not working or not implemented? Do I have to set steering angle per car?

I.e. 900* rotation fine for road cars but not for indy car.

Pc1 had soft lock, pc2 this is not working!
    Do you mean that the steering angle doesn't change per car, or only that the soft lock itself doesn't kick in when reaching max steering angle?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Do you mean that the steering angle doesn't change per car, or only that the soft lock itself doesn't kick in when reaching max steering angle?
    Calibrated to 900. Steering turns 900 ON ALL CARS. I have RAW setting with high ish ffb and no soft lock kicks in.

XB1, indy car stays at 900 for full steering lock. Can't see any options for soft lock. If implemented by default then NOT working on xb1
    Xbox One X
    TX wheel base - Sparco® R383 wheel
    T3PA peddels with bodin load cell
    TH8A Shifter with ricmo tech quick shift plate
    Playseat challenge

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsjester View Post
    Calibrated to 900. Steering turns 900 ON ALL CARS. I have RAW setting with high ish ffb and no soft lock kicks in.

XB1, indy car stays at 900 for full steering lock. Can't see any options for soft lock. If implemented by default then NOT working on xb1
    So the FFB for soft lock does not work. But does the on-screen steering wheel (or the front wheels, if steering wheel is disabled) stop turning before you reach full rotation on your FFB wheel?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    So the FFB for soft lock does not work. But does the on-screen steering wheel (or the front wheels, if steering wheel is disabled) stop turning before you reach full rotation on your FFB wheel?
    I see what you saying. Wheel rotation on car stops at correct angle but wheel keeps turning all way to 900.

Its the soft lock that should kick in when car steering ratio is reached that is missing
    Xbox One X
    TX wheel base - Sparco® R383 wheel
    T3PA peddels with bodin load cell
    TH8A Shifter with ricmo tech quick shift plate
    Playseat challenge
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Sankyo, ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    PC
    OK thanks for the clarification.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hate reviving an old thread, but I am having this exact issue. my G27 keeps turing to 900, ingame wheel will stop turning when it's full lock. I don't feel any soft lock with any cars (Karts, GT4, Formula, Rallycross...)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The softlock on my g920 is working fine.

You do need to avoid settings that give a very stiff or strong feel on a low torque wheel as the softlock effect will be overwhelmed by the existing large forces.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Buzz View Post
    Can you change the wheel degree of rotation in the settings somewhere? I freaking cannot run this game with my Logitech G920 if I have to use 900 degrees of rotation. This isn't the the FFB problem; it's just that every time I try to drive, I re-pull an arm muscle trying to muscle the car through sharp curves.

I hate this freaking wheel! But in games where I can change the rotation, at least I'm competent.

Yeah, this may just be an old man's problem, but it's my old man's problem.

Did I say I hate this wheel? Well, there you go.
    I was in the situation, i mostly run with race cars and rarely use the street cars so 900 is too much. I believe most of the race cars GT3' for example would run 560 degree of rotation, If you try to set it to 560 in the wheel calibration setup its incorrect the numbers are different.

So this is what i do:

1: Calibrate the wheel to 100 Steering Range
    2: On the steering Lock set it to 1440 and save (this is in fact 560 degrees of rotation)
    2: In the car setup menu on track adjust the wheel rotation to your liking.

This works for me hope it sorts your problem.
    The following user likes this Post: Mowzer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gysepy View Post
    I was in the situation, i mostly run with race cars and rarely use the street cars so 900 is too much. I believe most of the race cars GT3' for example would run 560 degree of rotation, If you try to set it to 560 in the wheel calibration setup its incorrect the numbers are different.

So this is what i do:

1: Calibrate the wheel to 100 Steering Range
    2: On the steering Lock set it to 1440 and save (this is in fact 560 degrees of rotation)
    2: In the car setup menu on track adjust the wheel rotation to your liking.

This works for me hope it sorts your problem.

This isn’t correct: to get 540 rotation works like this:

900-540 = 360

900+360 = 1260

A mclaren GT3 has a lock of 640

So 900-640 = 260
    900+260 = 1160

Try it on the in game settings and then change it to 1160 your steering lock is exactly the same

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You should set your wheel for max rotation in calibration.

The game will only allow the correct irl rotation for each car befor soft lock kicks in and the wheel on screen stops rotating.

If you want more or less rotation for full steering lock then you will need to change the steering ratio in the car set up.

Soft lock will sometimes not be noticed often on low torque wheels ( anything less than fanatec ) very much so when running immersive / informative or a stiff wheel.

If your ffb is clipping you will not notice soft lock, it can only be as strong as your wheels max torque.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300