Thread: Load Cell brake pedal settings....G29 with Ricmo Tech mod, any settings recommended?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Load Cell brake pedal settings....G29 with Ricmo Tech mod, any settings recommended?

Hi Guys,
    I'm struggling to setup my modified G29 to work nicely with PC2 on my PS4.....it just locks up too easy compared to the old PC1 game.
    I've mucked around in the ABS settings (which I can kinda get half right on cars with ABS) but on non ABS car's the brake is like I'm using a hand brake.
    Anyone got any ideas....I kinda need to get it setup so I can drive the V8 Supercar at Bathurst (have made a custom Seq Shifter) as the real race is on in a couple of weeks and need to get it sorted for the mates to come around on the day to do some laps.

Cheers,
    CV

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Try lowering brake sensitivity in the controller options. This controls the brake response curve and a lower setting results in having to push your brake more for a smaller initial response. Brake sensitivity is 35 by default. For all sensitivity adjustments 50 results in a linear response curve, lower numbers result in a scooped response curve which for a brake pushes the majority of brake response toward the end of the range.

Platform
    PC
    Also you can reduce the brake pressure in the car setup.
    Rig: Intel Core i5 4670K - Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming 6G - Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 - 16GB A-Data 2133 - Fanatec CSL Elite Base - Fanatec CSL P1 Wheel - Fanatac CLS Elite Pedals LC - Windows 10

Member of Revolution Sim Racing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Cheers guys, I will give that a go

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I too am having much money re issues with lock ups than in pc1 I,m not 100% such if I am locking up or if it's just some tyre noise effect under heavy load?

Platform
    PC
    Where do you guys usually buy load cells and load accessories? I mean amplifiers, conditioners, etc.? I read many positive reviews on Tacunasystems already, just thought it would be reasonable to look for some real opinions on forums.
    Last edited by deengood; 05-04-2018 at 06:17. Reason: grammar mistake

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    On My G27 and G29, I cut down the Spring that came with the Loadcell by about 1/2 inch.
    Here are my Photo's of my Loadcell modifications
    It gives the brake pedal a bit more hydraulic feel to it, and slight bit more travel maybe 1/4 inch more than the stock loadcell

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArPFg5yKGdXilmbGPK7wTrXVRg0N
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us

Platform
    XBOX1
    On most cars I am running between 70% to 80% brake pressure. Anything over 80% I find myself locking up the brakes. With the Load cell you will also have to learn how to adjust you foot pressure when braking so that you don't lock up the brakes. Took me about 6 mo. before I could really modulate the brakes.
    PS4 (Spiff2pf), T300 servo base / XB1 (SpiffPF2), TX458 / Sony 55" 4K HDR LED / Next Level Racing Wheel stand / T3PA Pro Pedals (Ricmotech load cell) / 599xx EVO Rim