Thread: [Know Issue] Virtual Mirror disappearing BUG.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4

[Know Issue] Virtual Mirror disappearing BUG.

The virtual mirror disappears any time you cycle the HUD and is missing at the start of each new session.

The only way to restore it is to visit the HUD editor and when you come back the virtual mirror will be visible again but cycling the HUD will cause it to once again disappear and it will not be there in the next session.

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Know Issue. Please use Forum Search before posting Bugs... Thanks...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Then I'd like to report the forum search bug. I searched the PS4 Forum for the word mirror before posting this and it did not come up.

I did mention this in a post buried in another thread and that is probably why you know of it but there was no acknowledgement so I created a thread after using the search function to check for an existing thread. Perhaps it has been reported in the Xbox or PC section.

Platform
    PS4
    Not only the mirror, the relative timings dissappeared for me while racing online today
    PS4 Pro
    T300rs - T3PA - STAND built out of MDF
    55" Sony Bravia KDL55W805
    PSVR
    eagerly awaiting support from PCars 2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Then I'd like to report the forum search bug. I searched the PS4 Forum for the word mirror before posting this and it did not come up.

I did mention this in a post buried in another thread and that is probably why you know of it but there was no acknowledgement so I created a thread after using the search function to check for an existing thread. Perhaps it has been reported in the Xbox or PC section.
    same for me. did a search with no luck. Happens to me in ps4. Timing aslo dissapears .

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    This will be fixed with Patch 2.0...

ETA SMSoon...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    I've since noticed there is a persistence issue with a few elements so hopefully they all get fixed.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    on the topic of HUDS how do i get the laptime thing on the left side of the screen to go away. sometimes i go to empty hud and just drive but it still shows potential and previous lap times. how do i make it go away like th others?

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    In the options menu.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I see the work around for this issue hasn't been posted here yet...

In order to stop the virtual mirror from disappearing go to the main menu and set your HUD to lite/minimal there. Then during a race session go to the Edit HUD screen and edit the minimal HUD and enable whichever HUD items you want displayed, such as the virtual mirror and relative times. Then hit the save button and your HUD will actually be saved. Hope this helps some people...