Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PCARS2 Car Setup Talk

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    My setup?

Try the car out with default loose setup, realise I spin out, A LOT. Go to race engineer, tell him I'm spinning out at corner entry, see what he adjusts. Doesn't make a huge difference so I go in, whack the changes more, and try again. Notice that I don't improve so I put it down to my lack of skill, and give up in frustration lol

Then swap over to stable setup, massive amounts of understeer, race engineer again, see what he changes, change it more. Same thing. Car still understeers.

I found Pcars 1 easier to drive, but I know it's just because I need to get used to this game.

Anyone have a good base setup for GT3 cars? On Pcars 1 people said to change tyre pressure or adjust one thing slightly and it improved the car. I reckon, although I may be completely wrong, that the physics changes to Pcars 2 have made the tuning more life like I suppose??? Coz changing just one thing now doesn't make a huge difference lol

Anyways once again, anyone got a decent setup for a GT3 baseline?
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    REFNightmare go ahead and try some of my setups.

FYI, if you were curious what the Bias parameters can do I ran a test using the Ferrari GT3 Loose set up. I changed the Bias Power from 2.0 to 1.0 and Bias Coast from 3.4 to 1.0. Attached are the results. So a 0:00.641 improvement by changing these parameters. Also, the GTE Ferrari uses 1 and 1 here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2017-09-29 14-43-33-75.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	241319
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2017-09-29 14-49-09-12.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	241320
    I ran the Ferrari 488 GTE using a "Loose" set up and ran 00:31.722. I am usually faster with GTE.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 29-09-2017 at 19:15.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    There are at LEAST three types of u/s or o/s. Entry, mid, exit.

Without knowing what you are feeling where, it is impossible to tell you what to do. Exit u/s fix is not the same as an entry u/s fix and it definitely isn't the same fix as a mid corner u/s fix.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Tooma

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
    There are at LEAST three types of u/s or o/s. Entry, mid, exit.

Without knowing what you are feeling where, it is impossible to tell you what to do. Exit u/s fix is not the same as an entry u/s fix and it definitely isn't the same fix as a mid corner u/s fix.
    I was adjusting all of them to decrease oversteer via the race engineer.

I've opted to race the Audi atm as apparently that's the easiest car to drive atm, and it seems to be as it doesn't spin out much, however what I am noticing, is that it understeers a fair bit, and I can see in my mirrors that the outside tyres are smoking up when going through a corner and causing excessive temps and wear. There isn't any option to rectify that in the race engineer as he doesn't seem to go into THAT much detail for adjustments, so what is best to sort this out? I tried to lower understeer via the race engineer and that seemed to help a little bit, but I'm still getting the smoking issue, but when following other drivers who are also in the Audi, they're turning in better than I am, and where I'm understeering, they're accelerating out of the corner and still turning in with no tyre smoke at all.

What is best to rectify this? I'm going to stick with the Audi so that future adjustments are based on this car.

Btw, is that your real name? I don't mean to be insulting but that is quite a funny name from the perspective of an Englishman lol

Platform
    PS4
    is there a setups website/depository anywhere?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hei men i think i know what your problem is. my friend and i are trying to get the car to not spin out in corners etc, tried all the tuning settings and control settings... it turns out it was the tyres who made the problem, try using Soft Slick Tyres.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Soft slicks for me overheat too quickly and are getting toasty on lap 3

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    ^ You need to drive more conservatively then, as in don't push to hard in the corners, as that shouldn't happen.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PC
    breyzipp Get yourself a copy of the RFactor 2 Advanced Setup Guide (and RFactor 2 if you don't have it). It has by far the best features for tuning in all the sims I've seen including PC 2. If ou save your setups with an incremental coding like v1a, v1b, v1c, etc, after each minor change and when happy with that one aspect you then save v2a, v2b, v2c, etc for the next component being tuned, you can at any time compare the current setup with a previous one. Combine this with a notepad so you can make notes about the changes made, improved lap times and so on makes IMHO the perfect setup system.

The first thing you should do is set aero as near zero as possible. Then set up your suspension spring and slow damper settings. These manage the weight transfer of your vehicle. Adjust until you've got a nice F/R balance into during and out of turns, i.e. no understeer, no oversteer. Do one part at a time. Follow the guide lines of the RF2 Advanced Setup Guide. The two best tracks generally speaking to tune a car are Spa and Silverstone as recommended in the guide, although tuning for individual tracks can bring great rewards. Each change you make, test the car to see how it is affected. To get any where decent at tuning will take many many many hours and a clear understanding of what a car is doing especially weight wise. Be warned, tuning a car will usually take a great deal more time than you will spend racing it.
    p.s. The guide is applicable generally, not just to RFactor 2.
    Last edited by nepal roade; 30-09-2017 at 14:40. Reason: for clarity
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Greg Redd, Tooma

WMD Member
    They need to save car setups the exact same way Raceroom and AC do: On a per-car, per-track basis.

Meanwhile, I save my setups with names like "Quali-962C-Le Mans" so I don't end up duplicating filenames.
    PC: i7-6700k@4.8gHz | GTX 1080 | 32gb DDR4 | 2 x 256gb nVME | Win 10 Pro
    Rig: TM TS-XW/Sparco| T3PA pedals with load cell | TH8A shifter | CSL seat | 49" KS8000 4k HDR TV
    IRL: 2014 BMW M6 <- 2013 Audi TT RS <- 2006 BMW M6 <- Supercharged AP1 Honda S2000 <- H22 swapped EK Civic
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ensi Ferrum, Jezza819