Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PCARS2 Car Setup Talk

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    ^ You need to drive more conservatively then, as in don't push to hard in the corners, as that shouldn't happen.
    I'll have to record it one night, but in multiplayer, where my car is understeering and I'm having to turn the wheel a lot more to get it to push in, other people in the same car are blasting through the corners, and can get on the throttle a lot sooner than I can because my car pushes out wide. It's a setup issue because if I was to drive any slower to prevent the tyres getting scrubbed so much, I'd be a lot slower than I currently am. Atm I'm 5 seconds down on average than the guy in 1st, if I was to drive slower to try and save my tyres I'd be even worse off lol I tried soft slicks during quali, and before my out lap had even finished the tyres were starting to overheat. They were at 20 psi cold, and only seemed to go up to 24-25 psi when they were overheating. On Pcars 1 the tyres IIRC used to be setup on default at 27-28psi on the GT3 cars. 20 psi seems really low to me, as my motorbike has pressures of 36 front and 42 rear. I just put the really low pressures down to it being RACE CAR. lol

It's a shame I can't have MPH with PSI as pressure, because I don't understand BAR lol Laziness on my part of not converting but I left the tyres at default as I thought that would be ok. Maybe I need to pump the tyres right up a bit to get decent handling out of them??? Just assuming that with the new physics model the default setup would of been mostly correct, was I simplifying it too much and should default tyre pressures be about the 26psi range cold like in pcars 1.
    Last edited by REFNightmare; 30-09-2017 at 15:40.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    ok cool, i did not notice that the tyre pressure increases when they they warm up ;D
    also when i use the soft slick i got lots of understeer which i fixed as good as a can with my tuning knowledge now and works fine now. i also tried the differential settings from blinkngone but my tyres still smoke.
    well i am heading back into the game and play around with my R8 tuning

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REFNightmare View Post
    I'll have to record it one night, but in multiplayer, where my car is understeering and I'm having to turn the wheel a lot more to get it to push in, other people in the same car are blasting through the corners, and can get on the throttle a lot sooner than I can because my car pushes out wide. It's a setup issue because if I was to drive any slower to prevent the tyres getting scrubbed so much, I'd be a lot slower than I currently am. Atm I'm 5 seconds down on average than the guy in 1st, if I was to drive slower to try and save my tyres I'd be even worse off lol I tried soft slicks during quali, and before my out lap had even finished the tyres were starting to overheat. They were at 20 psi cold, and only seemed to go up to 24-25 psi when they were overheating. On Pcars 1 the tyres IIRC used to be setup on default at 27-28psi on the GT3 cars. 20 psi seems really low to me, as my motorbike has pressures of 36 front and 42 rear. I just put the really low pressures down to it being RACE CAR. lol

It's a shame I can't have MPH with PSI as pressure, because I don't understand BAR lol Laziness on my part of not converting but I left the tyres at default as I thought that would be ok. Maybe I need to pump the tyres right up a bit to get decent handling out of them??? Just assuming that with the new physics model the default setup would of been mostly correct, was I simplifying it too much and should default tyre pressures be about the 26psi range cold like in pcars 1.
    5 seconds off is not a setup issue, it's the nut behind the wheel.

glad a brit got my inside joke

whoever said set aero as close to zero as possible, LOL.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
    5 seconds off is not a setup issue, it's the nut behind the wheel.

glad a brit got my inside joke
    I'm not THAT bad of a driver thank you very much lol

No I do believe that for the moment my issue is a setup issue, I may go back tomorrow when I can get back on it and set everything back to default and try again. Maybe I slipped on the wheel and moved something I shouldn't have. On pcars 1 I often would come 1st or 2nd in GT3 races, so I would like to think I haven't lost it yet lol

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm not THAT bad of a driver thank you very much lol

No I do believe that for the moment my issue is a setup issue, I may go back tomorrow when I can get back on it and set everything back to default and try again. Maybe I slipped on the wheel and moved something I shouldn't have. On pcars 1 I often would come 1st or 2nd in GT3 races, so I would like to think I haven't lost it yet lol
    Ref I get the same problem you get, outside tyre on accelerating out the exit, it smokes like a chimney, but I get it on the Porsche GT3, and the Ginetta GT3. If you ever come to find a fix please let us know, I'm working on th anti roll bar strengths, and adjusting them wildly but they seem to make no difference to the smoking.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I need help.

driving on Hockenheimring my left rear and front tire get much hotter.
    I would i do to balance it out? Left side get to hot while right side front is way too cool and rear right is a bit to cool.

what alternatives can i change to make it better? anyone
    Last edited by takaii; 01-10-2017 at 20:53.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by takaii View Post
    I need help.

driving on Hockenheimring my left rear and front tire get much hotter.
    I would i do to balance it out? Left side get to hot while right side front is way too cool and rear right is a bit to cool.

what alternatives can i change to make it better? anyone
    Increase left side tyre pressure, decrease right side tyre pressure
    The following user likes this Post: Greg Redd

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Xbox One, G920.

I could use a functional setup for the Ginetta GT5 on career mode.

The AI, I feel, is inconsistent from track to track. I have the AI difficulty on 75. At Donnington I can qualify on POLE with a 1:19 which is 2 seconds over first place then run away from the field. However, every other track in that series and the car simply can't hang with the AI.

At Brands Hatch, I struggle with a 1:41 while the AI sets pole with a 1:37.xx. After running a hundred different setups and finding a few that worked really well - there's still 3+ seconds. I've followed the cars enough at Oultan and Brands Hatch to learn that the gap is in fast sweeping corners - something Donnington doesn't really have. The AI enters those fast sweepers like they have 2500lbs of down force. I finally had to turn on the aids and dial in a setup that would allow for fast entry trail braking to somewhat keep up with them on entry but it never seems like enough.

Maybe it's the wheel?

Platform
    PS4
    ...where my car is understeering and I'm having to turn the wheel a lot more to get it to push in, other people in the same car are blasting through the corners, and can get on the throttle a lot sooner than I can because my car pushes out wide...
    You are braking too late. Your front tires are toast all through the turn. Brake a fraction sooner. Too early, even. You'll easily make the apex and get a grand exit.

Also move brake bias towards the rear a few % or until the rear brakes lock. Then move it forward again by 2%. This will take some stress/load off the front tires and give you better front grip through the corner, essentially without changing anything else. At the very least, it will give you better brake performance.

This will affect your trail braking sensitivity. If you trail brake a lot, move bias forward more.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-35-5-5

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Confused by the Ginetta Junior. The diff has both geared and clutch settings. Not sure how to tweak it as there are multiple settings to do the same thing.