Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: PCARS2 Car Setup Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Ensi Ferrum View Post
    The Setups are stored on a per car base. Means all Setups for car A are stored in one Folder. All Setups for car B are stored in another folder.
    Not the worst Approach, but far away from the best solution. At least as it is shown ingame.
    To make things even worse: It is not possible to store a Setup with the same name for different tracks!
    I like to name my setups "Dry_Race_nn" or "Wet_Quali_nn", etc. This isn't possible, although the are "saved" in different "folders".
    In other words, something this would be perfect:
    Attachment 240817
    But this is the status quo:
    Attachment 240818
    To make this much more less understandable:
    - The filenames tell us exactly nothing about the car or the track.
    - The files are encrypted?
    Attachment 240820

Sorry These are some design decisions I cannot understand.
    Why do you make it this complicated, SMS?
    YES please
    S16XX

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hello everybody.
    I am one of those trying to enjoy race in Monza without using a Ferrari that seems too easy and I don't care to win.
    I like using the Porsche 911 GT3 R.
    Question 1: what is the difference between the two as I don't see it ?
    Question 2: why I see on you tube videos with setups in Monza with that car with times in the 1'46" range and they have the settings of springs at 320Nm or 260Nm when in my version of the game I see the maximum at 170Nm more or less ?

With my settings I was able to consistently run at 1'49"0 with a record at 1'48"5 but never below 1'48".

I see also the leaderboards in Monza, with Porsche 911 GT3R with people at 1'45 !! How is it ? do they cut the corners ?

thx for any setup you may share.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by vwpolo View Post
    Hello everybody.
    I am one of those trying to enjoy race in Monza without using a Ferrari that seems too easy and I don't care to win.
    I like using the Porsche 911 GT3 R.
    Question 1: what is the difference between the two as I don't see it ?
    Question 2: why I see on you tube videos with setups in Monza with that car with times in the 1'46" range and they have the settings of springs at 320Nm or 260Nm when in my version of the game I see the maximum at 170Nm more or less ?

With my settings I was able to consistently run at 1'49"0 with a record at 1'48"5 but never below 1'48".

I see also the leaderboards in Monza, with Porsche 911 GT3R with people at 1'45 !! How is it ? do they cut the corners ?

thx for any setup you may share.
    The Porsche is as fast as the Ferrari on this track, it could even be faster when drafting. I don't know about the springs as i don't drive the Ferrari, but with the Porsche you can definitely do better, just push harder and use every possible setup option that could help (lower aero, close brake ducts and radiator as much as you can)
    MB ASUS Maximus VII Ranger / Proc : Intel Core i5 4690K / Ram : G.Skill Ares Blue Series 16 Go DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 / GC : MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X / HDD : Seagate Desktop SSHD 2 To / OS : Windows 10 64-bit / VP SONY HW30ES / T500RS + 458 GTE / ClubSport Shifter SQ / ClubSport pedals V3

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by wesker6664 View Post
    The Porsche is as fast as the Ferrari on this track, it could even be faster when drafting. I don't know about the springs as i don't drive the Ferrari, but with the Porsche you can definitely do better, just push harder and use every possible setup option that could help (lower aero, close brake ducts and radiator as much as you can)
    I am wondering, do you guys really see any speed improvement when closing brake ducts? I've done several tests, with GT3s and touring cars mainly and I cannot notice any difference with brake ducts at 0% or 100%. In PC1 there was indeed a noticeable difference, but I can't see any in PC2, where I adjust brake ducts only in order to affect tire heat. Closed radiator and especially lower aero does make a difference of course. Maybe I am missing something about brake ducts...

Platform
    PC
    brake ducts probably have a minimal impact since they are generally rather small openings.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I am wondering, do you guys really see any speed improvement when closing brake ducts? I've done several tests, with GT3s and touring cars mainly and I cannot notice any difference with brake ducts at 0% or 100%. In PC1 there was indeed a noticeable difference, but I can't see any in PC2, where I adjust brake ducts only in order to affect tire heat. Closed radiator and especially lower aero does make a difference of course. Maybe I am missing something about brake ducts...
    Good point, i honestly don't have a clue and have just repeated what everyone else has been saying

Like AbeWoz says there's probably very little to be gained with brake ducts... and just like you i use them more for managing temperatures and try to keep some heat into the tyres when the weather is cold.
    MB ASUS Maximus VII Ranger / Proc : Intel Core i5 4690K / Ram : G.Skill Ares Blue Series 16 Go DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 / GC : MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X / HDD : Seagate Desktop SSHD 2 To / OS : Windows 10 64-bit / VP SONY HW30ES / T500RS + 458 GTE / ClubSport Shifter SQ / ClubSport pedals V3
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    XBOX1
    As far as I know brakes affect tyre pressures, not temps.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 26-03-2018 at 20:07.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    As far as I know brakes affect tyre pressures, not temps.
    When the brakes get hot, the discs transfer heat to the rims, and finally to the tyres. It's been explained in detail during development, a really great feature !

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by wesker6664 View Post
    When the brakes get hot, the discs transfer heat to the rims, and finally to the tyres. It's been explained in detail during development, a really great feature !
    Yeah but heat transfer into the rubber is a very slow process. That's why brake temps are mainly affecting pressures because heat transfer into the air inside the tire happens much faster.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, wesker6664

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yes they do affect in various ways.

For instance, today i was racing with the GT3 RS in Catalunya, and i had my brake bias 57/43, but i was still getting issues with stability, because i had the ducts more open in the front and they would make the front brakes colder that the rears on the straight, which kinda anulated the effect of the bias.
    So i closed the ducts a bit more in the front and solved the issue. Hope ive explained this well, just an example of how it could affect the car balance.
    The following user likes this Post: Rafaellongbeach