Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pcars2: Sim or Simcade?

Platform
    PC

Pcars2: Sim or Simcade?

I was wondering what the average opinion is here about Pcars2 being a real (semi-pro consumer) Sim or more of a Simcade or somewhere in between?
    I've seen some discussions online where people believe AC and Iracing have more Sim elements than Pcars2.
    I must say I haven't played both (Iracing very briefly but I didn't like the ffb) but I was curious for your opinions on how they or any other racing game compare to Pcars2 from Sim perspective.
    Last edited by ELAhrairah; 26-09-2017 at 14:42.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah. It's the usual chatter about sims. People brag about being good in a "sim" that has the least amount of traction possible and for them everything else is "simcade". I believe most of those ranters on youtube and in other forums did never drive a real car.

Only thing I can say is that my BMW feels almost exactly the same when losing traction as the one ingame. For me it's a sim.

Platform
    PC
    Since this is usually a topic that brings up a lot of emotion and discussion, please keep it civil.

As a first, I would recommend to start with defining "sim"
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    It's certainly intended to be a sim . Any "simcade" discussion will certainly be be fiercely challenged .

I will say, coming from the world of flight sims as they have evolved in the past 30 years+ years I have played them . That the engine, vehicle dynamics, physics and tire modeling are simulated rather well . The in car systems are very simplified . (i.e. dynamic drive modes in modern high performance cars are not modeled , no variable (only 2 speeds) speed wipers, etc..)
    OS: Windows 10 Pro CPU : Intel i7-4790K 4GHz GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 970 RAM : 12Gig PC-1333 MoBo : ASROCK Z97 PRO4 SSD: Crucial 500GB Wheel: Logitech G29
    Secondary Controler (for pCars) : Thrustmaster GPX LightBack Ferrari F1 Edition
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, resmania

Platform
    PC
    Professional racing has to deal with weather elements. AC has no dynamic weather or rain. Sure, the rest of it is pretty well done, but it just doesnt compare to the overall experience that pCARS2 delivers.

I consider this game to be a sim. Even more so than some of these other sims (AC or Iracing) that get hailed as the best of the best.

None of the other racing games on my PC will be getting any play time now.
    Ryzen 5 1600X - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming - 16GB - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X - Coolermaster Storm Striker -
    750W Modular - Two 265GB SSD - 1TB HDD

G29
    The following 9 users likes this Post: breyzipp, ctzn, davekojo, ECAR_Tracks, F1_Racer68, Fight-Test, ironman, Lplate, m00lean

Platform
    PC
    To quote Ian: Simcade my a$$
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Since this is usually a topic that brings up a lot of emotion and discussion, please keep it civil.

As a first, I would recommend to start with defining "sim"
    That's actually the first thing that went through my mind.
    The following user likes this Post: vegaguy5555

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    My first instinct was to think this was a troll post , but I gave the OP the benefit of doubt. I'm just a cynical old man at this point
    OS: Windows 10 Pro CPU : Intel i7-4790K 4GHz GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 970 RAM : 12Gig PC-1333 MoBo : ASROCK Z97 PRO4 SSD: Crucial 500GB Wheel: Logitech G29
    Secondary Controler (for pCars) : Thrustmaster GPX LightBack Ferrari F1 Edition
    The following 3 users likes this Post: davekojo, ELAhrairah, vegaguy5555

Platform
    PC
    Does it really matter? Why does it have to have a label? Some people like to categorize things so they can brag about that, to me it's just doesn't matter. Most of these games have some things in them that people class as arcade but that's to make them more playable and fun, doesn't make them worse sims.
    The following 12 users likes this Post: DayGlow, indent, ironman, Mad LL, Mr.Smoke, Nestoche, Party_Magician, Purg, reerdo, Tepp, Tyl3n0L, vegaguy5555

Platform
    PC
    it is a sim, but console oriented.

so he has a good realistic physics (tyre edge is something superlative), but lack of some features a sim should have (and the other sim have) cause -my opinion- they can't or don't wnat spend time to implement it on consoles.
    my english is horrible, sorry! STEAM PROFILE // my DIY RIG // Baseline Wheel FFB Values
    Mainboard: Rampage IV Extreme //Cpu: i7-3930k @4200 //Psu: Corsair RM750i //Ram: 4x Corsair 4GB 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 //Vga: Asus Strix Gtx970
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 GTE + Fanatec Clubsport pedals V3 + TH8A (h-shifter) + TH8RS (sequential) + Fanatec Handbrake