Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk Rally

Superkart Pilot JoshTheGeologist's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4

Let's talk Rally

I'm a huge fan of Red Bull GRC, so I was floored when I learned my favorite car, Honda Civic Coupe GRC, would be in the game.

I wasn't too bad at rally with a controller, but I am absolutely horrible with my brand new T150. I want to do really well in rally and it is making me angry I'm struggling so bad. I just keep crashing.

Any advice?
    Master's student and Graduate Assistant in geological sciences. Quotes =/= endorsements. PSN: Pie4July. Project Cars 2 focus - Rallycross, GT3, NASCAR, GT4, GTE, Group 4, Group A, GTO

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshTheGeologist View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Red Bull GRC, so I was floored when I learned my favorite car, Honda Civic Coupe GRC, would be in the game.

I wasn't too bad at rally with a controller, but I am absolutely horrible with my brand new T150. I want to do really well in rally and it is making me angry I'm struggling so bad. I just keep crashing.

Any advice?
    Don't overcorrect when you oversteer out of a corner. Just floor it (for all of the AWD RX cars) and the car will pull itself straight. If you also opposite lock too much you'll overcorrect. That's the best advice I can give.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Casey Ringley, hkraft300, Invincible, JDFSSS, JoshTheGeologist, Siberian Tiger

Platform
    PS4
    Point and squirt?
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Don't overcorrect when you oversteer out of a corner. Just floor it (for all of the AWD RX cars) and the car will pull itself straight. If you also opposite lock you'll overcorrect. That's the best advice I can give.
    My biggest issue is trying to figure out how to use the handbrake to my advantage.
    Master's student and Graduate Assistant in geological sciences. Quotes =/= endorsements. PSN: Pie4July. Project Cars 2 focus - Rallycross, GT3, NASCAR, GT4, GTE, Group 4, Group A, GTO

Platform
    PS4
    Watch some on-boards of the pros. See when/where/how they use the hand brake.

Scandy flick FTf'ingW.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshTheGeologist View Post
    My biggest issue is trying to figure out how to use the handbrake to my advantage.
    I rarely use it for more than a quick dab on the very sharp turns. Also, the handbrake works with full throttle as per design, keep it floored to keep up momentum.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, JoshTheGeologist

Platform
    PS4
    I rarely use it for more than a quick dab on the very sharp turns. Also, the handbrake works with full throttle as per design, keep it floored to keep up momentum.
    Ohhhhhhhh. I never even thought to keep the gas down when turning. Sigh, I should have thought about that. I think that will help me control it better. I'll try cutting back on how much I use it too. I was trying to use it on almost every turn on Hell RX.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Ian Bell

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hey Ian since you are reading this thread as well. Absolutely quality work on that Wildcrest fictional RX track! I'm usually the first in line to vouch for real world tracks and dislike fictional tracks. But the flow in that track is so nice! And I really like the artwork on the map as well. It might even be my favorite RX track in PCARS 2.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Ian Bell

Platform
    PC
    Rally in PC2 is absolutely the BEST experience ever!
    I totally get what the car is doing and it feels great. Forget about Richard Burns Rally, Dirt Rally or Dirt 4. (I have to edit my signature..)

@Ian; I read some you were thinking about making a rally sim, please do it!
    But please keep the FF and physics like it is now.

One suggestion, it is a bit hard to spot all the rally tracks in PC2. It would be nice to have a filter option on track types.
    Intel Core i5-4570 @3,2GHz | ASUS Geforce GTX560 1GB | MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate | Corsair Vengeance 1600-8GB (2x4GB))| 27 BenQ GW2760HM (1920x1080@60Hz) | Logitech Driving Force GT| MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Simracer since 2003, tried all availeble sims but the following where/are keepers | Grand Prix Legends | Richard Burns Rally | Live For Speed (Old but still very much fun) | Assetto Corsa | Dirt Rally
    The following user likes this Post: Ian Bell

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Esrever View Post
    One suggestion, it is a bit hard to spot all the rally tracks in PC2. It would be nice to have a filter option on track types.
    Use the motorsport presets! These things absolutely rock!

Dive into a quick race, go to motorsport presets and load the rallycross preset. Then your cars and tracks as well as the rules are filtered on rallycross.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Esrever, Ian Bell