Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***** WHEEL FFB SETTINGS AND GENERAL SETTINGS *****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

***** WHEEL FFB SETTINGS AND GENERAL SETTINGS *****

Hey guys got some new improved FFB settings for most wheels, now these settings are very smooth doesnt clip and eliminated alot of the Centre wheel wobble problem everyone seems to be having.

Input the following.

Make sure you have calibrated you're wheel and have it set to its maximum rotation angle (for example 900° of rotation)

Depending on Personal prefrence
    Steering deadzone 0
    Steering sensitivity 50
    Throttle deadzone 0
    Throttle sensitivity 50
    Brake deadzone 0
    Brake sensitivity 50
    Clutch deadzone 0
    Clutch sensitivity 50
    Speed sensitivity 0

FFB SETTINGS
    Flavour informative
    Gain 25
    Volume 50
    Tone 25
    FX 25
    Menu spring strength 0.00

If the wheel feels to light, increase the Gain but you may want to decrease the FX slightly as that is the culprit for wheel wobble.

Alternatively you can increase the damping setting to add wheel weight.

Apply the above and hopefully it'll resolve you're wheel problems.

Feedback more than welcome
    Last edited by CRi RE3iD CRG26; 27-09-2017 at 12:46. Reason: Spelling
    The following user likes this Post: Mowzer

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Which wheel are you using CRi? The Gain should really be left at or close to 100 for Any Fanatec wheels and also Thrustmaster T300's. Gain at 25 removes a lot of the FFB. Use Volume to reduce clipping.
    AKA Joseph Gossen
    Console - Xbox One X / MacBook Pro TouchBar - CPU: 2,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7; RAM: 16GB LPDDR3 2133 MHz; GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 455 2GB; O.S.: Mac OS+Boot Camp Windows 10 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2,CSLE WB + UXH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, | Rig: RSEAT RS1
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports, gotdirt410sprintcar, Mowzer, ShneebnaMRR108

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    True I think this is very Wheel dependent. Huge differences between the way Logitec reacts vs Thrustmaster. Look up FoolsJester's settings his are pretty good for the TX.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Foolsjester, GRTfast, Mowzer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by transfix View Post
    Which wheel are you using CRi? The Gain should really be left at or close to 100 for Any Fanatec wheels and also Thrustmaster T300's. Gain at 25 removes a lot of the FFB. Use Volume to reduce clipping.
    This on a G920 however ive had friends try it on a tx and fanatec csw and they've said its better, but you can add damping to add wheel wieght anyway dude
    The following user likes this Post: Mowzer

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynomight Motorsports View Post
    True I think this is very Wheel dependent. Huge differences between the way Logitec reacts vs Thrustmaster. Look up FoolsJester's settings his are pretty good for the TX.
    RAW

I only really tweek 49 for FFB strength and 45 for road/curb feel/vibration
    Xbox One X
    TX wheel base - SparcoŽ R383 wheel
    T3PA peddels with bodin load cell
    TH8A Shifter with ricmo tech quick shift plate
    Playseat challenge
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mowzer, transfix

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsjester View Post
    RAW

I only really tweek 49 for FFB strength and 45 for road/curb feel/vibration
    I have used these settings with my thrustmaster italia 458 wheel feels pretty good , went and tried them on Le Mans with the Porsche GT3 24HR with no AI wheel is fine on the straights but when I try to do a multi class race as soon as you get onto the long straights the wheel ever so lightly goes left to right and wants to make the car fish tail...... is this a bug or is my wheel dinked? This is on Xbox

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    A few of us (teammates) have been trying different FFB settings and, as in the above post have found that the FX is the one that has the most effect at reducing the rattle or wobble we were experiencing. Contrary to some suggestions we have found that 'Raw' with 0 FX is most effective. I have ended up with some settings that work for me.

For G920

Dead zone - 0
    Steering Sensitivity - 65
    Throttle dead zone - 2 ( rest my foot on pedal )
    Throttle Sensitivity - 50
    Brake dead zone - 2 ( as above )
    Brake Sensitivity - 65
    Clutch DZ - 0
    Clutch Sensitivity - 50
    Speed Sensitivity - 50
    Damper saturation - 20

RAW
    Gain - 50
    Volume - 75
    Tone 95
    FX - 0
    Menu Spring Strength is the STRENGTH of the SPRING in the MENU. Leave it at 0.05

All of the shared settings are personal preferences and may not suit everyone , these are mine and I hope they work for you.

To save hud use 'd' pad to highlight SAVE and press A.
    Last edited by MXR SMILER; 27-09-2017 at 17:41.
    Xbox 1 with G920, Paddles and Pedals, No Assists (EMW Smiler)
    The following user likes this Post: Canadian_2Four

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    FX on Zero means you're removing a whole load of the feedback though.

Gain should be 100 on the TX wheel (I'm on a TX)

Speed Sensitivity - 0
    Damper Saturation - 25

RAW Flavour
    Gain - 100
    Volume - 50 (If you can assign two buttons for increasing and decreasing this from the controller assignments as this is the over all weight and feel of the FFB)
    Tone - 22
    FX - 45

This is the closest I have it to feeling like the PC version so far and im pretty happy with it. The PC version im running the Jack Spade files as well. (Thanks Jack )

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Nothing to be lost from trying out whatever takes your fancy my good man, just thankful we can get a good experience using these tweaked settings... You Gents on PC are not affected by the issues on Xbox 1 affecting steering wheels of various types and to differing degrees as far as I can see from the forum, so, unfortunate as it may be to lose that degree of FFB, it is necessary to negate the aforementioned issue, with the G920. When the patch drops it'll be fixed and the FX slider will be back where it's supposed to be and we will all be very happy bunnies. Cheers Phil
    Last edited by MXR SMILER; 27-09-2017 at 18:03.
    Xbox 1 with G920, Paddles and Pedals, No Assists (EMW Smiler)
    The following user likes this Post: Y22 Rydr

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by MXR SMILER View Post
    Nothing to be lost from trying out whatever takes your fancy my good man, just thankful we can get a good experience using these tweaked settings... You Gents on PC are not affected by the issues on Xbox 1 affecting steering wheels of various types and to differing degrees as far as I can see from the forum, so, unfortunate as it may be to lose that degree of FFB, it is necessary to negate the aforementioned issue, with the G920. When the patch drops it'll be fixed and the FX slider will be back where it's supposed to be and we will all be very happy bunnies. Cheers Phil
    My bad, i should have said these are my settings for the Xbox One version which now feels more like the PC, (i'll have to update my profile) I have it on both.

As you say though MXR SMILER, its down to whatever takes your fancy, I guess im going for the iRacing type of feel, which I seem to have found (ish). Good Luck everyone!
    The following user likes this Post: MXR SMILER