Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who uses a Fanatec CS V2.5 on Xbox and a PS4 Fanatec licensing question

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Who uses a Fanatec CS V2.5 on Xbox and a PS4 Fanatec licensing question

I have been using a Thrustmaster TX wheel on my Xbox One playing Pcars1 and now Pcars2.

I have been looking to upgrade to a Fanatec Club Sport V2.5 wheel for my Xbox One. My concern is, currently everywhere I read, people say the FFB on PS4 and PC are way better then the Xbox. I will be getting an Xbox One X on release day, but nobody knows if FFB will be improved on the new machine.

I am also a little confused about Fanatecs support for PS4. I keep reading that Sony does not have the licensing for Fanatec but I see people using them with Pcars2?

If they are not supported on PS4, does anyone know if there will be future support? If there will not be, that will make my decision easier and I will just buy it for the Xbox. What I am trying to eliminate is, buying it for the Xbox and its the same FFB on the Xbox One X and would have to buy another wheel for PS4 (if there is support) and the game again.

Also if any of you guys are using the CS V2.5 on Xbox, have you also used the Thrustmaster TX. I am trying to to gauge if the upgrade is going to be worth while.
    Last edited by Juiced46; 27-09-2017 at 13:42.

Platform
    PC
    The only Fanatec wheel base that is supported on PS4 (in pC2) is the CSL Elite PS4, as that is the only licensed PS4 wheel base. All other Fanatec wheels and wheel bases will not work natively with pC2. The only solution for people owning these non-licensed wheels/wheel bases to still be able to play on PS4 is to use a ChronusMax Plus or DriveHUB, which emulates a Logitech wheel.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    For Fanatec on the PS4 you will need to buy the CSL Elite PS4 Wheel (the only version now compatible), for Xbox use you would to get a compatible Fanatec rim and then the wheel can be used on all platforms.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    The only Fanatec wheel base that is supported on PS4 (in pC2) is the CSL Elite PS4, as that is the only licensed PS4 wheel base. All other Fanatec wheels and wheel bases will not work natively with pC2. The only solution for people owning these non-licensed wheels/wheel bases to still be able to play on PS4 is to use a ChronusMax Plus or DriveHUB, which emulates a Logitech wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    For Fanatec on the PS4 you will need to buy the CSL Elite PS4 Wheel (the only version now compatible), for Xbox use you would to get a compatible Fanatec rim and then the wheel can be used on all platforms.
    Thanks for the info guys. I guess my next question is. Since the PS4 offers better FFB from what I hear, do I get the CSL Elite for PS4, or go with the Club Sport V2.5 for Xbox? Since the Xbox One X is not out yet, we do not know if Xbox upgraded the FFB with the new units.

It looks like I can get the Xbox Competition Wheel with the V2.5 base for under $700. I just do not know which way is the best route to go.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    If you only want one wheelbase, then go Fanatec CSL Elite PS4. It's a very good wheel and can be made compatible to the One X with a simple rim swap.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you only want one wheelbase, then go Fanatec CSL Elite PS4. It's a very good wheel and can be made compatible to the One X with a simple rim swap.
    One wheel base would be optimal. However, since I already have the Thrustmaster TX, would the CSL Elite be worth the upgrade?

If the CS V2.5 is going to be a better upgrade and for Xbox One only, I have no problem with that. I just want to get whichever wheel will feel the best.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The new Elite shares the same motors as the CSW2.5, the only real difference is that the base is plastic as opposed to the metal used for the ClubSport bases. Same connectivity, quick release etc etc.

Sorry, I've not tried a TX, but everyone that I know with an Elite PS4 absolutely loves it... as do I. FFB is excellent, motor is great and the build quality is top notch.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The new Elite shares the same motors as the CSW2.5, the only real difference is that the base is plastic as opposed to the metal used for the ClubSport bases. Same connectivity, quick release etc etc.

Sorry, I've not tried a TX, but everyone that I know with an Elite PS4 absolutely loves it... as do I. FFB is excellent, motor is great and the build quality is top notch.
    See that is where I am confused. From the comparison on Fanatecs site, it shows the CSW 2.5 is quite a bit different then the CSL Elite. More TQ, dual belts, metal pullies vs plastic. Dual hall sensors instead of optical, 100hz vs 500hz etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compare.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	240973

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    That is the spec sheet for the wrong wheel, look at the Elite for PS4. The torque output is different as the new wheel is geared for agility over raw torque output.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    remco I have the csl elite for the ps4 and that is totally broken no feeling in my wheel at all no ffb feels horrible and that's the official wheel for ps4 not good feedback from the wheel tried everything no feeling in the wheel at all