Thread: Screen going into screen saver mode during play

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Screen going into screen saver mode during play

I know this isn't a Pcars issue as much as it is a Xbox one. During game play, using a wheel, the screen will go into screen saver mode. Meaning the screen gets darker and only goes back to regular if I reach over to the controller and move a stick or press a button. This is a problem when you're in a heated race and reaching to the controller can sometimes throw you off. Does anyone know a way to stop this from happening?
    PS4 and Xbox One
    Fanatec CSW v2, BMW M3 GT2 wheel, Formula F1 wheel, CSL P1 wheel, CSP V2 Pedals, CSS SQ, Fanatec Handbrake, IgnitiON Button Box,
    Obutto Ozone, Buttkicker Simulation Kit

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    This happens if your controller is on battery power (wireless) and has no input for about 15 minutes. You need to have a USB cable connected to it. This should solve the problem.
    Hope this helps n
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JasonSandwich, Roger Prynne

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Try turning on the Xbox and starting the game with the wheel. If your profile is assigned to the wheel as a controller first, the wheel will determine when things are inactive.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanimal View Post
    This happens if your controller is on battery power (wireless) and has no input for about 15 minutes. You need to have a USB cable connected to it. This should solve the problem.
    Hope this helps n
    I tried this last night and it didn't work. But I'm wondering if it's because I plugged it in a USB hub since I have the wheel to plug in as well. But thank you
    PS4 and Xbox One
    Fanatec CSW v2, BMW M3 GT2 wheel, Formula F1 wheel, CSL P1 wheel, CSP V2 Pedals, CSS SQ, Fanatec Handbrake, IgnitiON Button Box,

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonSandwich View Post
    Try turning on the Xbox and starting the game with the wheel. If your profile is assigned to the wheel as a controller first, the wheel will determine when things are inactive.
    I've been running into funny issues with this. When I first got the game I was able to do this. But lately, I can turn on the box by powering the wheel. After that I can't navigate around until I get to the game start screen, at which I press the A button the wheel which puts me in the game. But it then goes to the profile selection and I have to use the controller to select the profile. Once I do then I can use all functions of the wheel from there
    PS4 and Xbox One

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    as flanimal says, if you got one use a plug and play lead on controller, 100% fix, or get a wireless headset and leave the controller off. Its the inactivity of the controller that causes it.