Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what do we like about Pcars 2 then?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

So what do we like about Pcars 2 then?

Just got through Formula Rookie in career and into the Speed lights after a couple of days play ( Radical SR3 RS etc ) and really starting to enjoy Pcars2, G29 is working much better in this series, my arms are stiff after a few hours of play and I'm getting decent FFB. I'm working my way up to LMP1.

Much prefer the AI, you can get a half decent race and they're not easy to beat in qualifying ( even at the lower levels ) + they don't take you off from behind or turn in on you anywhere near the way they used to in Pcars 1. Love the way the laps come together once some rubber is laid down on the track too.

Really like the race engineer; set the car up very nicely in this series after only a couple of runs in practice. Not really a mad tinkerer in the setup department, I just tend to screw things up to be honest. I know what I want the car to do but don't really understand enough mechanical detail to get it done ( as in the real world ) So this is a welcome change. Beats inputing a ton parameters from setup forums anyway.

Graphics are an improvement, runs great on my ( non Pro ) PS4.

Yeah there's a few bugs but overall I'm enjoying this, way more fun than I found Assetto Corsa to be honest. Haven't been online yet though. That's to come.

Anyone else?
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Chicken Patty, Invincible, JohnSchoonsBeard, Konan, Roger Prynne

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Glad you're enjoying it mate.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Portimao. What a f**king track!
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Only played for the first time tonight so it's been mostly setup, but the menus are far more polished.

On the whole, first impressions are that they've kept some of the good, eliminated some of the bad & that the foundations for a very, very good game are there.

Lots more to delve into yet, but it's giving me similar feelings to the first game. There are some odd foibles, but perhaps that's just part of the Project CARS experience? It's such a vast game that there may always be a few niggles. Worth playing (and playing, and playing, and playing....) in the end though.
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS with Ferrari F1 Rim
    Pedals: G27 Seat: Playseat Revolution GT PSN: chig88
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4
    Odd foibles = character

The new tire model. Oh, Em, Gee. The handling of the cars feels so much more intuitive now. Can drive more aggressive and on the limit.

Ferrari. I'm starting to understand the mystique. Through a sim? Yes, and that's a compliment to SMS.

So many new tracks! Portimao is probably my new favourite. I haven't even tried RX yet.

The UI, HUD all very slick. The loading/saving is a bit slow in the menus right now but it'll get sorted in a patch or 2.

I'm only 2 hours in, but that disc isn't leaving my ps4 for a long time.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: chig88, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The FFB, when working properly, coupled with the physics are a thing of wonderment... just sublime... where to start, words couldn't do it justice.

But, the thing that just totally blew me away (and it's a relatively 'small' thing) is the fidelity of the cockpit in that wee Ginetta I was driving tonight. The LCD screens look real, completely real... it's f*cking astonishing! Racing it in the dark at Knockhill was an experience I shall never forget. When everything comes together like that, this sim stands head and shoulders above everything else... in fact, it's probably on stilts!
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Dereenigne, hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    The FFB, when working properly, coupled with the physics are a thing of wonderment... just sublime... where to start, words couldn't do it justice.!
    You know I went from an F50GT to a Cayman GT4 and the latter felt numb. I checked the Ffb settings they were the same. Then I thought: a 90's GT1 missile will surely be a more raw experience than a 2016 road-Porsche on slicks.
    A Rolls Royce shouldn't feel like a GT3RS at the wheel and apparently SMS has captured that in ffb.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The FFB is still sketchy at best, it dips in and out and up and down... but when it works.. bejeezus, it's soooo goooood!
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    The FFB is still sketchy at best, it dips in and out and up and down... but when it works.. bejeezus, it's soooo goooood!
    I think you might be clipping!
    That's what happened with me. Reduce volume and the wheel wakes up.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I wish it was that simple, not clipping I'm afraid. No red bar to indicate oversaturation and volume relatively low, the FFB can go to sleep mid-race then wake up again. I think it may be suffering from narcolepsy.