Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: puddles have a completely unrealistic effect in low speed

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Can't win for losing here. We say, "Should be an easy fix." You guys say, "Don't tell us what's easy, you don't know the code." We say, "That needs a lot of work." You say, "You don't know that, maybe it's a simple tweak."

The only way to win is by not making baseless assumptions, which is what the moderator team are trying to communicate tirelessly.
    We have zero insight in what code is used, how it interfaces with other aspect inside the same code-base, what sort of configuration options there are inside or outside of a simple to edit config file or need major updates to calculations.
    Making assumptions about what is easy or hard to accomplish is utterly useless and comes off as condescending towards the dev team...
    Turn back, intruder, or i'll blast you out of space! I am Kligson and I don't want any dealings with you human lifeforms. I'm a cyborg!

win10-64; AMD Phenom II 720 x4 (4th unlocked) BE @ 3.0 GHz; 16gb ram; GTX660; T500RS
    The following user likes this Post: JDFSSS

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kligson View Post
    The only way to win is by not making baseless assumptions, which is what the moderator team are trying to communicate tirelessly.
    We have zero insight in what code is used, how it interfaces with other aspect inside the same code-base, what sort of configuration options there are inside or outside of a simple to edit config file or need major updates to calculations.
    Making assumptions about what is easy or hard to accomplish is utterly useless and comes off as condescending towards the dev team...
    We're adding depth charges to puddles for extra arcade goodness.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, Eugene Flerko, gotdirt410sprintcar, hkraft300, IJOJOI, JohnSchoonsBeard, yons

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    We're adding depth charges to puddles for extra arcade goodness.
    With some bright, blinking, colourful icons hovering over them, i hope.
    Turn back, intruder, or i'll blast you out of space! I am Kligson and I don't want any dealings with you human lifeforms. I'm a cyborg!

win10-64; AMD Phenom II 720 x4 (4th unlocked) BE @ 3.0 GHz; 16gb ram; GTX660; T500RS
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Ian Bell, IJOJOI

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kligson View Post
    Maybe I should have used more smilies. But since you made the error of taking me seriously...

You're right we have no insight into the actual architecture of the system. However some of us have some insight into what a well-architected system is like to maintain. So we're actually giving the devs some credit when we say something like "This should be an easy fix." We're giving them the benefit of the doubt that in a well-designed system it would be an easy fix. If the devs feel that it's condescending to make the assumption that the system is well-designed, then I don't know what to say about that.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Superkart Pilot gotdirt410sprintcar's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    I was driving the Ginnta jr Silverstone international Could hardly drive it. Down the straight it was tough you come out of one puddle hit the next half throttle to make it plus a lack of a decent setup. But it was only a fifteen minute race so it Could of played a part in how the track generated rain.

I think how the puddles form could be a little slower imo or in the future add a slider for that purpose. Longer races it might be different haven't got that far yet.

Off Topic i see project cars will be my #1 game, Gt sport.... a pcars 1 quote Floaty Blah got too much too do on pcars probably get bored with sport real quick just saying.
    Last edited by gotdirt410sprintcar; 26-10-2017 at 23:06.

Superkart Pilot
    I'm glad you guys are looking into the issue, only question is if we'll ever see it being changed, anyway, looking forward to v1.3 and what you have in store for us.