Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Res Textures - Car

Platform
    PC

Hi-Res Textures - Car

Was playing last night, i use bonnet cam, the textures on the car bonnet seem very low, pixelated basically, is there any chance the devs can release a hi-res texture option for PC users?
    Steam: Francis013 / GPU: GTX 1080 / CPU: i7 6700k 4.5ghz / RAM: 16 GB / VR: Rift / Wheel: G29

Platform
    PC
    What graphics settings are you using out if curiosity, I haven't noticed this myself .
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I may be completely incorrect, but could this be down to FOV? I noticed that if I go close to a wall and spin the camera, there's a certain distance from the wall I can be and the car becomes this fuzzy pix-elated mess.
    The following user likes this Post: ELAhrairah

WMD Member
    The livery textures are all 2K as far as I know. I do agree that we need a high-resolution option for PCs that can take the high res textures.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenium View Post
    The livery textures are all 2K as far as I know. I do agree that we need a high-resolution option for PCs that can take the high res textures.
    The problem is, that every livery (3500!) would have to be re-done or at least re-saved in a higher resolution.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

WMD Member
    Turn every option to "ultra" and then see if "-insane" launch command from pCARS1 gives better reflections (especially other cars).
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    What graphics settings are you using out if curiosity, I haven't noticed this myself .
    Hi mate, i have it all on High, but checked last night on Ultra and didn't make any difference, you could still see the pixel breakdown of the livery, its FOV is 80 i think on the bonnet, i haven't changed it. It kind of looks out of place with the rest of the graphics, not that its really a massive issue, just always better if things look right, it kind of looks out of place.

@N0body Of The Goat (nice name) ill try that tonight when i load her up, thanks fella.
    Steam: Francis013 / GPU: GTX 1080 / CPU: i7 6700k 4.5ghz / RAM: 16 GB / VR: Rift / Wheel: G29

Platform
    PC
    It was discussed several times during pC1 and pC2 development. Texture/livery resolution is limited because of GPU memory budgets. For some configurations (mostly high-end PC GPUs probably), higher-resolution liveries could be an option, but then the abovementioned problem of having to redo all current liveries comes into play.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisnf View Post
    Hi mate, i have it all on High, but checked last night on Ultra and didn't make any difference, you could still see the pixel breakdown of the livery, its FOV is 80 i think on the bonnet, i haven't changed it.
    I must just not pay enough attention to the liveries to notice, it isn't the first and won't be the last thing that escapes my notice I am sure.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    it`s pretty obvious in the Showroom. things like drivernames are very pix-elated.

the game is great and i love it, but on ultra settings there should be a 4K livery

best regards
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BigDad, Francisnf, zuotoski