Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: How to: Develop Your Racing Skills

Platform
    PC
    You want to transfer less mass to the left, so you could stiffen the left side of the suspension more than the right. It will drive differently/weird which is why most just keep a symmetrical setup and try to drive as smooth as possible. At least in all the sims I have played over the years, Barcelona has always been a challenge on the front left.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    You want to transfer less mass to the left, so you could stiffen the left side of the suspension more than the right. It will drive differently/weird which is why most just keep a symmetrical setup and try to drive as smooth as possible. At least in all the sims I have played over the years, Barcelona has always been a challenge on the front left.

Thanks Mahjik. Think the part in bold is the best bet. I'll try 10 laps without other cars trying to be smooth and consistent. Suspect the tires might be fine.

Platform
    PS4
    It'll still cook no matter what you do. Just mitigate as best you can. Maybe try a tighter line and straighten up and go wide as much as you can to ease the load on the FL tire on every right turn, especially T3/4.
    Maybe try the loose setup and adjust brake balance to your liking. It usually has a more aggressive different setup that will help the car rotate on throttle.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following user likes this Post: specialkone

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks hkraft300. That makes sense. I'll give those suggestions a try. You guys are great.

I do like that car/track combo. A bit challenging but not too challenging. Simply lots of fun. Suits my "lesser" driving skills.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Thanks hkraft300. That makes sense. I'll give those suggestions a try. You guys are great.

I do like that car/track combo. A bit challenging but not too challenging. Simply lots of fun. Suits my "lesser" driving skills.
    FWIW, as punishing as that track can be on the left tires, during WMD it was typically my go-to track for testing the faster cars. Knockhill became my go-to test track for the slower cars.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    FWIW, as punishing as that track can be on the left tires, during WMD it was typically my go-to track for testing the faster cars. Knockhill became my go-to test track for the slower cars.
    Typically I’ll do a little research on the Project Cars 2 tracks to see what cars the track is intended for (which cars I should be using) and to get a bit of a driving analysis of the track.Seems Barcelona is the testing go to track for the Formula One drivers and mechanics as well.

“ With long straights and a variety of corners, the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya is seen as an all-rounder circuit. Because so much testing is done at this circuit, Formula One drivers and mechanics are extremely familiar with it.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circui...lona-Catalunya
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    How to develop your driving skills? Easy! Buy a racing wheel, watch a few driving tutorials to lean the basics and practice as long as you can. It worked for me and my friends

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I was racing last night offline at Autodromo and for some reason most of the cars are faster than me on the straights. I can understand out of corners of my line is rubbish or my speed is low but on the back straight I get reeled in. Does anyone else have this problem?

Platform
    PC
    What werethe AI set to?
    * HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *
    PC2Tuner is amazing * Panther Racing Division

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I believe they were at 45 or just under 50. I’m a beginner to sim racing so I don’t know how low I should set it.