Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: How to: Develop Your Racing Skills

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Good to see you making progress specialkone, I've moved on to other challenges (currently mildly obsessed with Group C at Bathurst & the Nordshcleife) but still keeping an eye on the thread, and enjoying seeing you move forward with cpcdem's help
    System: Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz | 16GB RAM | GTX1070 (laptop) 8GB | 250GB M.2 + 960GB SSD + 2TB HDD| Win10 Home 64bit | Xbox 360 Controller | Oculus Rift CV1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, specialkone

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gregc View Post
    Good to see you making progress specialkone, I've moved on to other challenges (currently mildly obsessed with Group C at Bathurst & the Nordshcleife) but still keeping an eye on the thread, and enjoying seeing you move forward with cpcdem's help
    And your help as well gregc. Your original (slowed down for you) 3.48.6 lap was one of my initial inspirations.
    The following user likes this Post: gregc

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So I figured I should start selecting cars that are actually meant to run at a specific track. My first default AI race at Lemans 24H (3 laps) in the Toyota TSO050. Man, this car handles the corners (especially the s corners) beautifully. I’m not use to this car but thanks to the fine members on this forum helping me out with this track, my first attempt is a win. Without that help, I’d likely be running 3.40’s with this car, not 3.28.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2 Screenshot Lemans TSO050.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	257718
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, wabi

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    So I figured I should start selecting cars that are actually meant to run at a specific track. My first default AI race at Lemans 24H (3 laps) in the Toyota TSO050. Man, this car handles the corners (especially the s corners) beautifully. I’m not use to this car but thanks to the fine members on this forum helping me out with this track, my first attempt is a win. Without that help, I’d likely be running 3.40’s with this car, not 3.28.
    Well, you started with an extremely difficult car (which I think was still meant to be used at that track though), so now that you used a car with much more downforce which you can place on the track where you want a lot more easily, it all looked a lot easier . Well done!
    The following user likes this Post: specialkone

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Well, you started with an extremely difficult car (which I think was still meant to be used at that track though), so now that you used a car with much more downforce which you can place on the track where you want a lot more easily, it all looked a lot easier . Well done!
    Yeah, I guess that should be not meant to be used by ME at Lemans. . I do like that Mercedes CLK at Bannochbrae. Seems to handle quite easily at that track compared to Lemans which I assume is because less downforce is needed at Bannochbrae with all the corners.

The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Running the Formula Renault at Barcelona. Man, I like the sound of that car.

Using stable setup. What’s going on with the left front tire starting from lap 3? Bad braking or generally bad driving or both? I read this (link below) about braking with the formula/formula Renault cars. “So, press very hard and then you have to slowly decrease your brake pressure.”

https://www.redbull.com/ca-en/project-cars-2-tips-guide

Platform
    PC
    Barcelona is always hard on the front left tire. Most of the turns are right turns which puts a lot of load on the left front. You can try some setup tricks to attempt to compensate for it, but in general, it's normal to have your front left getting wrecked on that track.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    OK, thanks Mahjik.

PS: hey thanks again to the great members who have been helping me out on this thread. Look, I have one of the fine, knowledgeable mods suggesting a setup adjustment. He's not stating "where do I start or that video is painful to watch". I have a smile on my face whether he's simply being encouraging or not. I'll take it.
    Last edited by specialkone; 10-08-2018 at 06:41.

Platform
    PC
    Well, you can look into an asymmetrical setup to help lighten the cornering loads on the left side. However, it will compromise your speed in certain corners. Only testing and gathering data would show where time would be lost. It's always a trade off though. Most people just try to manage their tires by their driving (i.e. not pushing every lap to allow the tires to cool a bit).

Are you driving with a controller or a wheel?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, I was having trouble getting around those two cars in front of me so I guess that was contributing to less smoothness on my part and burning up that left front.

I have the old momo racing wheel. Can't use that as an excuse as I find it works quite well in Pcars 2, including the FFB.

I might "steal" some setups from time trial to see if any are putting less pressure on the left front. Might have to make some adjustments myself as I'm guessing the nature of time trial is a setup to go fast for one lap.

But hey, I'm beating the default AI with very little practice (so far) at this track.