Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS 2 - Low Level Drivers League! (1500 and below)

Platform
    PS4
    Sorry I can't watch the forums every day. I hope your questions have been answered. You can also use the ps4 community chat of the league to discuss everything about pc2 and the tbc league.
    Cheers, Shi
    http://tbconlineracingliga.magix.net...20cars%202.htm
    TBC ONLINE RACING LEAGUE since 2008

Platform
    PS4
    Hi @Shi , I would like to ask a favour. Could you please enable the race/track line in the races? Not necessarily the full line but the corner line.
    I find it difficult to gauge the upcoming corners in the multitude of tracks, leading to unnecessary mistakes and possible crashes, especially considering racing at fast speeds to be as competitive as possible.
    I believe it will aid towards more competitive races, promote cleaner races and more enjoyable experience.
    Could you please consider and enable if possible? It will be appreciated. It's the one issue I have with the league.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PS4
    As long as I can turn it off for my race I don't see a problem with that.

I know there are some fast guys in the league exeeding the U1500 level. I will watch them if they respect the fairness rule of the league. Superior drivers who don't have to leave the league because we are a beginners and casual gamers league.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi @davidt33
    I'm not a fan of using the driving line in general. I do understand its use though and don't object to its adoption. I still turn it on in rare situations like heavy fog if it's optional.

I would suggest you save replays of our events and shift your view to the faster drivers in your preferred camera location. In the replay you are looking to form a mental image of their line

For the fine points make a video as you monitor (spectate) during qualification or practice. In the video you are looking for landmarks where the driver lifts, brakes, turns in, and aims on exit. For the first 3 I look for a natural range ( pair of distinct features at different distances ) that converge & diverge as one progresses along the track. Prioritize ranges in your natural eye line if possible. The aim target for exit purposes should be a feature easily identified in your peripheral vision so you can judge it.

Also pay attention to their brake and accelerator modulation. It is a key to carrying speed and employing handling characteristics of your ride.

I never use the surface level distance signs as they are removable in an accident.
    I must confess that I did use the line in the beginning. Even thinking I needed it but I finally got into online lobby racing and found several hosts I liked that turned all aids off. It was a key to becoming faster.

Edit: I realized late, the Speedo is not available in replay.

Yes you are giving up some qualification time, but the knowledge gained will be worth it & starting in the back might help to avoid a "big one" in turn one.
    Last edited by SCClockDr; 21-02-2018 at 12:53.
    Regards, George
    PCars GOTY, PCars2 Digital DE, PS4 500G, G29, TB Stealth700 HS, RS Dash, SIM Dashboard, Crew Chief, & Discord Audio Chat.

I started life with nothing & have managed to keep most of it!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Well having a 'guest' who's got a 1770 rating doesn't help much.

I know I was pretty fast compared to the group as a whole. However, i think to some degree this most recent series was a bit of an anomaly. I like to drive vintage cars , and to some degree have a knack for it... but most importantly... well to be honest, the Jaguar E-Type car is a beast... probably shouldn't even be allowed in a race against the likes of those Nissan. I know for sure, I can't go anywhere near as fast in a the other cars in that class...

I think the GT4 cars should be much closer , although I can tell you from my own experience in trying to figure out which one I want to drive, their are some major differences in which ones suit my own needs and skills. It's proving to be tricky for me to figure out which one I want to drive. Right now I'm leaning toward the Ginetta... the Porsche is faster in some ways, but also harder to drive in other ways... The Austin Martin is quite fast too, maybe slightly more comfortable to drive than the Porsche.

I wonder if there could be some way to handicap cars/drivers... so that guys who are better than others either compete with each others of similar skills, but are still racing with the same group which includes other drivers who are of a skill level of their own. Sort of like a multi class car race, but without actually having different types of cars... I know it could get complicated to try and figure out who should be in what 'group' of skill. Maybe some sort of 'breakout' times where you automatically get pushed up a class if you exceed some threshold on more then a few occasions.

I can tell you right now, that I put in a lot of practice for those vintage GTA races... I won't have time to put that kind of effort into it all on a ongoing basis.

On a side note.... I love that 66 Mustang... a lovely car to drive... but it's lack of power makes it very challenging to go really fast in. The 69 Camaro is super powerful, but wow that thing is a handful to drive fast... the Jaguar is just on another level in terms of power to weight. The Ferrari is fast... but wow, you have to do a lot of shifting. All in all I had a blast running that VGTA series.

For me, while I did end up doing quite well , I know there are at least two others in the group that have skills that are easily a match for mine, possibly well beyond mine if we were all in the same cars. I did previously say that I would get out if it was interfering with other people's fun, and I will if that's the case.
    Last edited by iggy; 21-02-2018 at 15:39.
    Playstation 4, Playseat Challenge, and Logitech G29 wheel

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Driving - line

I found it useful when I was getting started... however and as SCClockDr has said... in fog I still would probably find it helpful... However, in daylight, your much better off with it turned off... If you look at the road surface you can usually get a lot of clues about the driving line and breaking points. As I have progressed in my skills, I can assure you that I would do much worse with driving line on, than off.

Having said that, I can see very little downside to allowing people to choose to use it or not in a race. As long as it's not forced on people, I don't know of a good reason to not allow it for people who want it. I've thought about it a bit myself when I set up a lobby, and the only reason at all that I could ever think of for allowing it, was the possibility that a driver get so caught up in using it , that they ignored the other things that were going on around them.
    Playstation 4, Playseat Challenge, and Logitech G29 wheel
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    For the GT4 series, the Ginetta Otto Motor Oil #95, please.
    Last edited by SCClockDr; 21-02-2018 at 14:01.
    Regards, George
    PCars GOTY, PCars2 Digital DE, PS4 500G, G29, TB Stealth700 HS, RS Dash, SIM Dashboard, Crew Chief, & Discord Audio Chat.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shi View Post
    As long as I can turn it off for my race I don't see a problem with that.

I know there are some fast guys in the league exeeding the U1500 level. I will watch them if they respect the fairness rule of the league. Superior drivers who don't have to leave the league because we are a beginners and casual gamers league.
    If the driving line is enabled by the host (whether for full or corners), Yes you have the option to turn it off or on. Everyone has the option but if it is not enabled by host then there's no option.
    How it works I believe is once it is enabled by the host, whatever setting each user has already in their options re Driving Line (including yourself) remains so there would be no need for you or anyone else to change per race. Thanks for the consideration.

And to all who suggested tips, thanks. Yes I already am aware and try at times but because there are so many different tracks it's difficult to memorise landmarks etc for each. All I'm saying is that it's good to have the option for those who wish to use and may also avoid mishaps. Those who prefer not to use the option it's no problem either as their driving line option (Off or On) would remain intact as per their respective option setting/preference, race to race.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PS4
    @ SCClockDr - Please post a picture of your choice into the communit chat so I can use this in the next replay video. Thank you.

@ Iggy - no worries. Letīs see how the upcoming racing series goes. We will find out who is fast and who is not.
    The following user likes this Post: iggy

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shi View Post
    @ SCClockDr - Please post a picture of your choice into the communit chat so I can use this in the next replay video. Thank you.
    I'm not finding the community chat. I can find the Community Wall & our 2 party chat though.
    Regards, George