Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clio cup tyre selection

Platform
    PS4

clio cup tyre selection

just finished the Gineta series.. the car the handled fantastic. i have now gone onto the clio cup and the car has stupid over steer.. i changed the tryes from slicks to wet and the over steer has gone.. the only problem i have now is iam about 2 seconds slower due to using wet tyre compound. why is the car crap on slicks ? might be a BUG. my game is now unplayable (well fed up )
    The following user likes this Post: cfsmooth

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by steve50 View Post
    just finished the Gineta series.. the car the handled fantastic. i have now gone onto the clio cup and the car has stupid over steer.. i changed the tryes from slicks to wet and the over steer has gone.. the only problem i have now is iam about 2 seconds slower due to using wet tyre compound. why is the car crap on slicks ? might be a BUG. my game is now unplayable (well fed up )
    The Clio is a bit twitchy by design. As it is a FWD, just hit the gas when you feel the back coming around, it will pretty sure straighten out (as long as you have tarmac under the wheels of course).
    Rig: Intel Core i5 4670K - Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming 6G - Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 - 16GB A-Data 2133 - Fanatec CSL Elite Base - Fanatec CSL P1 Wheel - Fanatac CLS Elite Pedals LC - Windows 10

Member of Revolution Sim Racing

Platform
    PS4
    cheers swift.. i will give it another crack tonight..
    PS4 PRO WITH PSVR
    THRUSTMASTER T300RS
    50" PANASONIC TV
    UTB..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I found the Clio very difficult to get used to it takes time.

I find it's a car car that absolutely demands you are smooth in every way applying and coming off the brake/throttle and steering inputs, I found reduced brake pressure a big help as I was locking up to easily.

Once you get the hang of it I'm sure you'll agree they are a really rewarding car to be able to lap quickly

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    tyres do not heat up properly while wet tyres do. The same is for ginetta gt5. Try the car in the extreme hot (july sunny) e it will work fine. In the career it doesn't while the AI seems to have optimal tyre temperature always.
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    PC
    ^Then lower the tire pressure to get more heat into the hard slicks. With a bit of practice and small adjustments in the setup (soften the rear anti roll bar e.g./adjusting brake pressure and balance), you can easily flick it around any track.
    Rig: Intel Core i5 4670K - Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming 6G - Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 - 16GB A-Data 2133 - Fanatec CSL Elite Base - Fanatec CSL P1 Wheel - Fanatac CLS Elite Pedals LC - Windows 10

Member of Revolution Sim Racing
    The following user likes this Post: Dereenigne

Platform
    PS4
    if it is like pcars 1 its a challenge but set it up right, get heat in the tires and make sure youre braking is done before you steer into a corner and its gonna be a blast i can assure you.
    PS4 ID: Djuvinile
    T300rs/F1-Rim/TH8A/Playseat Challenge/T3PA/
    Crew Chief/ RS Dash

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulpg87 View Post
    tyres do not heat up properly while wet tyres do. The same is for ginetta gt5. Try the car in the extreme hot (july sunny) e it will work fine. In the career it doesn't while the AI seems to have optimal tyre temperature always.
    The Clio career is based on short tracks it often takes me 2 to 3 laps gradually increasing the pace to heat the tyres, perfectly acceptable I think? The AI does seem to come out the pits up to temp better but with complex coding I think again we have to be understanding

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I'm far, far, far from an alien, but I learned to race the Clio quickly, although it felt undrivable at first.
    The fun thing about the Clio is the phenomenal lift-off oversteer at first, which OTOH is easily controllable as long as you countersteer quickly and floor the pedal. Be sure that you're ready to pull back the countersteer at the right moment though!

With this (and a bit less pressure in the rear), you'll soon be able to pull incredible slides and still stay on track. As soon as you can control these monster slides, you'll learn to control the beginning of the slide. The end result is nice, little oversteer in the entrance.

tl;dr: lower rear tire pressure. no breaking while turning. full power as soon as you're in the corner. quick countersteering action.
    Last edited by Imazagi; 29-09-2017 at 13:05.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Aizcold, legacy-8, Schnizz58

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyqprw12 View Post
    The Clio career is based on short tracks it often takes me 2 to 3 laps gradually increasing the pace to heat the tyres, perfectly acceptable I think? The AI does seem to come out the pits up to temp better but with complex coding I think again we have to be understanding
    well no, because after 9-10 laps (then time expires) tyres are stiill dark green at best.