Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: GT3 car balancing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

GT3 cars need some balance

Basically the Ferrari 488 is unbeatable, every track. Now I have followed sports car racing a long time and I have not seen anything in reality to mirror this. The GT3 cars should have their differences but BOP rules exist for a reason, as it stands now some cars are total crap while there are only 3 cars that compete, the mclaren, the R8 and then the dominant 488. Look at every leaderboard and you will find the 488 is on your average sized track 4-6 seconds faster than every single other GT3 car. I hate that this sounds like a rant but when GT3 is the most popular car choice for MP it puts anyone who does not want to drive the 488 at a disadvantage. I don't expect a change now, but I do hope that just like in real life there is some balance added in this class.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I agree that some cars are slow but not all. But f488 isnt that fast.
    If you think about what ratio how many uses f488
    its a big chance it will win because since so many uses it then its a high risk
    its also driven by someone really good. I feel the car is easy to drive,
    looks really awesome and sounds great its just enjoyable to drive. Thats
    what i beleive makes it populare. The first thing i did was used that, to me it felt slow
    on spa i had 2:17:xx on pc1 with 12c now with f488 i only have 2:20:xx. But i feel all gt3 cars
    drives slower. But i havent driven mamy yet i thinks 488 is looking awesome.
    But i feel the car stock settings is pretty much oversteer. It wants to go straight in corners. On a course
    with many turns i might consider 911 it feels awesome mid turn.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The f488gt3 is definitly a bit fast on the straights. I used the audiR8 and was battling in a race at Red Bull Ring. Even if I was faster getting out of the corners, at the end of the straights the 488 got me really easy. It may be a setup-thing, but I experienced the faster 488 a few times now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ahf74, Scott Coffey

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPolloDiablo234 View Post
    The f488gt3 is definitly a bit fast on the straights. I used the audiR8 and was battling in a race at Red Bull Ring. Even if I was faster getting out of the corners, at the end of the straights the 488 got me really easy. It may be a setup-thing, but I experienced the faster 488 a few times now.
    Try less downforce
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, NeonFlux

Platform
    PC
    The GT3 group is really well balanced. There are a few clearly slower cars (BMW Z4 / Aston Martin) but the rest are pretty damn well balanced and in the hands of mediocre drivers (at the moment the vast VAST majority of players online) it's extremely balanced and just depends on your driving style.

Simply suggesting that the 488 GT3 is fastest confirms this.. because it isn't.
    .. please SMS, make the AI faster in rain before shelving the game for good. Please! Love this game dearly!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Gromran, Invincible, John Lyfan, m00lean, SharpEyez, takaii

Platform
    PS4
    Let the leaderboards, setups and drivers mature a little.
    Then the times will be more representative

Also turbo cars have advantage at high altitude over NA cars.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Invincible, NeonFlux, takaii

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Just about to start the Gt3 series in a dilemma what car to go with .Want something balanced looking at the Nissan or Honda .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    the gt3 field is pretty balanced actually, the aston feels a little slow but for the most part the balance aint bad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The 488 is pretty fast on the straits. But i think the car is les consistent
    in the corners as the Nissan and porsche ( not driven all cars yet).
    But they seem to have much more front end grip.