Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: GT3 car balancing

Platform
    PS4
    Here's a video comparing all gt3's at laguna seca.
    This is just one person and he might not be the fastest racer, so i dont know if its the fairest comparison, but i like what he says about the different cars speed and handling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n0x_dysg9Y
    PS4 ID: Djuvinile
    T300rs/F1-Rim/TH8A/Playseat Challenge/T3PA/
    Crew Chief/ RS Dash
    The following user likes this Post: solocapers

Platform
    PC
    I think the situation on the leaderboards also comes down to the Ferrari beeing a) very popular and b) easier to drive. So maybe a share of 60% drives the 488, 40 all the other ones (not based on anything, just to show what I mean). This may give the impression it is better than the other ones.

Well, online I was constantly as fast as the 488 with the SLS AMG GT3. In the races I attended there are also usually many 488 on the start. I also think that 2 weeks are too short to evaluate this.

What I want to ask the OP: how do you compare yourself the Ferrari to the other ones, laptime wise? And: is this the case for all tracks?

Before concluding that the BoP needs a change, it would be useful to prove this at least in some way.

The video above shows that there is basically a spread of 2 seconds for all cars and the same driver at one track. To me this is really even, as some might pull faster laps with one of the slower cars and vice-versa, let alone with customized setups.
    Last edited by IJerichoI; 02-10-2017 at 10:09.

CPU Intel Core i5-7600 | Motherboard MSI H270 PC Mate | RAM 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | GPU Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960OC 4096 MB - Driver current | Audio ASUS Xonar DGX/Logitech Z-506 | OS Windows 10 PRO 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G25, TH8A Shifter, Logitech Wingman Joystick as handbrake| Monitor Toshiba 37" TV FullHD
    In-game settings: Mode DX11 | Resolution 1920x1080 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync OFF | AA OFF | FXAA OFF | SMAA ULTRA | Reflections MEDIUM | EnvMapQuality MEDIUM | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur MEDIUM | Render Frames 1 | Grass MEDIUM | Particle Level HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Stretched Headlight Reflections ON

Platform
    PC
    .. not to mention I seem to be winning most of my GT3 races when I'm in the McLaren 650. I've also thoroughly tested these cars during WMD2, probably hundreds of hours, around Long Beach and most of them fall within +/- 0.5 seconds which is within the margin of error of my driving ability. Like I said, the only clear outliers are the Aston Martin and the BMW Z4.. those are literally a second or more slower around pretty much every single track.
    .. please SMS, make the AI faster in rain before shelving the game for good. Please! Love this game dearly!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following user likes this Post: Greg Redd

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Quote Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
    The GT3 group is really well balanced. There are a few clearly slower cars (BMW Z4 / Aston Martin) but the rest are pretty damn well balanced and in the hands of mediocre drivers (at the moment the vast VAST majority of players online) it's extremely balanced and just depends on your driving style.

Simply suggesting that the 488 GT3 is fastest confirms this.. because it isn't.
    Agreed. When I started seeing anecdotal evidence that the Ferarri 488 GT3 was dominating online races I decided to jump into all the GT3 cars (offline) and experience this reported BOP imbalance for myself. I have found that the default "loose" setup for the 488 GT3 is a pig.........i.e, it has terrible understeer at several tracks compared with, say the McLaren 650S. Once I get more seat time in the default 650S I'll report back some laptimes.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I mean I will give the leader boards some time, but as of now the 488 is the fastest on every track I have looked at by a long shot. I have top 3 times with the 911 GT3R which is on the slow side for the GT3 cars and abysmal on stock setup, and when I race online against a 488 unless he wrecks out or is a total garbage driver I lose the race. I don't have this issue against any other car, except the mclaren on the longer tracks but I can deal with that since I can make it up on the shorter tracks. With the 488 not only is it faster than the mclaren on the straights but it outhandles the rest of the GT3 cars as well. Posting a video of that one guy on seca is kind of pointless, leaderboards are as far as I can tell the best way to figure it out.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by IJerichoI View Post
    ....... a) very popular and b) easier to drive. .
    This mostly, I raced a MP with a the Porsche and got lapped by both the 488+R8 in a 25 min race around Laguna Seca; the lead 488 had also pitted. I'm not the fastest driver, I would say average and was surprised.

488 for me is the easier of the GT3's, maybe it's tweaked moreso given it's a new model not one that's been carried over?
    i5 6600k, GTX1070, 16GB DDR4, T300RS + T3PA

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    iRacing recently added 488 GTE and GT3 so some of the fast lap times might be set by guys who run this car every day for more than 3 months (GTE) or few weeks (GT3) already.
    Car feel is actually quite similar so not that much learning required. There is little to no chance for casual racers to compete with iRacing aliens in such combo.
    i7 7820X @ 4.9GHz | Be Quiet! Silent Loop 360 | ASUS ROG Rampage VI EXTREME | Corsair 32GB DDR4 | 2x EVGA GTX1080ti SLI | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe | Corsair AX1200i | Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | OSW Small Mige + Sparco P310 + SMV1 | Fanatec CSS V 1.5 | HE Sim Handbrake | HE Pro | Sim-Lab P1 | DSD Race King II | Asus PG279Q x 3

Platform
    PC
    My GT3 car of choice is the Huracan. Around Long Beach I am about the same with it as I am the 488. Around other tracks I know at I am at a bit of disadvantage, but that is part of the fun in playing Online. Some guys can have the hero car and perform poorly while others are about the same skill as me. Most of the time I have to rely on their mistakes in order to win or make a pass and my margin of error is zero. But I like it that way.

For my league racing where I chose to run the Huracan all season, being ~2.5 seconds slow around Monza is annoying, though. I can only imagine how big that gap will grow when we run Daytona and Le Mans. I'm even a second back at Imola. We'll see how it plays out.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Huracan is a good easy and fun car to drive, I like it as well. It is competitive with everything except the 488
    The following user likes this Post: crowhop

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl87 View Post
    Huracan is a good easy and fun car to drive, I like it as well. It is competitive with everything except the 488
    I pretty much only chose it because this is the one time in life I'll get to drive a Lamborghini. In VR, it seems like I'm in it. Wringing its neck around Long Beach is a blast.