Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 LastLast

Thread: GT3 car balancing

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    okay I did use other tracks, like Imola, Monza, Laguna Seca, Nurdburgring.

and GT3 is pretty unbalanced, I also did test on Dogington (what ever it's called) and the Mercs still took 1st place there, it only seems on tracks like Laguna Seca is where the SLS's and AMG's are balanced. but on tracks like Imola, Monza, Nurd, Dog, Brands the high powered cars dominate.

I used different sets of AI Strength from 80% to 90% (my skill range) at 100% Aggressiveness, and the result at Le Mans, renamed the same pretty much, so Ill list other tracks that I raced at while testing like Daytona. I have over 2000+ miles on Daytona but that's all from the stockcars, and I've only did a GT3 race there once, so I don't have accurate information on that track, so from here on out my information is going to be 98% speculation, when I did do the GT3 race at Daytona a track both for top speed and Cornering ability, the worst cars there where once again the NSX, Ginettas, uhm the Lamborghini was actually great there, and the SLS's and AMG's did dominate. but the dominating cars still was at the top positions, Porsche and Mercedes was always 1st or 2nd in that race, after a couple of minutes the AI would just start walking away and begin keeping up with the other GTE class. and on to another point, what is up with AI getting this mystery grip?? like on some tracks on some corners on those tracks they have insane grip..

On Le Mans, I could see that it will better suite the more powerful cars, so I started adding rain, and then checking results, and In the rain the SLS AMG was pushed back down into 5th the Porsches and AMG's where still high. but the Mid-Tier cars was able to keep up with the Dominating-cars, for a little bit.
    It is Donington Park and Nurburgring
    The following user likes this Post: Shinzah

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Let's look at AOR for a minute,as it is the Official Affiliate GT3 League.
    The most common cars,and therefore probably the best over a race distance,are:
    2016 Ferrari 488 GT3
    2015 Audi R8 LMS GT3
    2016 Mercedes-AMG GT3
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan GT3

(Put the Ferrari in as it was b fore it got banned)

Every other car was used by several drivers,except the 2017 Acura NSX GT3.I was the only one in the 2017 Acura NSX GT3 in any tier.The next rarest was the 2012 Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3.All the other cars were used,quite frequently,which shows how close they all are.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    It's Nürburgring
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 7 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, Invincible, Konan, Mad Al, satco1066, Shinzah, Stewy32

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    okay I did use other tracks, like Imola, Monza, Laguna Seca, Nurdburgring.

and GT3 is pretty unbalanced, I also did test on Dogington (what ever it's called) and the Mercs still took 1st place there, it only seems on tracks like Laguna Seca is where the SLS's and AMG's are balanced. but on tracks like Imola, Monza, Nurd, Dog, Brands the high powered cars dominate.

I used different sets of AI Strength from 80% to 90% (my skill range) at 100% Aggressiveness, and the result at Le Mans, renamed the same pretty much, so Ill list other tracks that I raced at while testing like Daytona. I have over 2000+ miles on Daytona but that's all from the stockcars, and I've only did a GT3 race there once, so I don't have accurate information on that track, so from here on out my information is going to be 98% speculation, when I did do the GT3 race at Daytona a track both for top speed and Cornering ability, the worst cars there where once again the NSX, Ginettas, uhm the Lamborghini was actually great there, and the SLS's and AMG's did dominate. but the dominating cars still was at the top positions, Porsche and Mercedes was always 1st or 2nd in that race, after a couple of minutes the AI would just start walking away and begin keeping up with the other GTE class. and on to another point, what is up with AI getting this mystery grip?? like on some tracks on some corners on those tracks they have insane grip..

Wait a second. It appears that you ran multiple races in single player, adding a lot of AI cars to analyze which car is over/underpowered. However the physics of the AI are NOT the same as the physics of the 'player'. Therefore you can only test it by driving all cars yourself or other natural persons, and then evaluate laptimes, driving consistency, fuel consumption, tire wear, etc.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: bmanic, hkraft300, Shinzah, Stewy32

Platform
    PS4
    I think he's upset the AI aren't balanced in their performance in GT3 cars, evident by the frequent success of AI Mercedes.
    Not that the GT3 cars themselves aren't balanced.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Haiden, Tar Heel

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    It's Nürburgring
    On my tablet when I put that,can't do accents

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I think he's upset the AI aren't balanced in their performance in GT3 cars, evident by the frequent success of AI Mercedes.
    Not that the GT3 cars themselves aren't balanced.
    I've noticed the same thing. Results are pretty predictable and not really representative of the balance of the class. Hoping the next patch addresses that
    Ryzen 1700 @3.8ghz|16GBs RAM @2933mhz|EVGA SC2 Hybrid 1080ti|1TB Samsung 960 EVO|250GB Samsung SSD|480GB SanDisk SSD
    1TB WD HDD|750w 80+ gold EVGA G3 PSU|Dell 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor|Fanatec V2.5|Fanatec Formula Carbon Rim|Fanatec V3 Pedals|TH8A Shifter|Fanatec Handbrake

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    McLaren looks for me as the weakest car.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post

hissssss
    Rolls Royce Merlin and Rolls Royce Griffon are the 2 most famous Rolls Royce piston engines RR has ever made, these engines we're used in a insane amount of aircraft, in America it was known as the Packard or Allison Merlin's, they we're the same engine just different name. but the most famous users are the Spitfire, Mustang, Mosquito. well the Daimler-Benz DB-605ASCM might be the only counter to the Griffon engine.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Not sure if where to post this, but I have to say it. My favorite SIM has my favorite GT3 car the BENTLY GT3. WITH THE WORST BOP.. can we please fix the BOP on the BENTLY GT3. Please, this car is not competitive and I wish it was.
    I was born to Lose, But built to Win..