Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I picked up Forza 7 Today.

Platform
    PC
    Remember also that Forums tend to concentrate people with issues while most of the regular gamers that have no issues at all don't even bother posting. This holds true for every title
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

The following 3 users likes this Post: Greg Redd, Robhd, tennenbaum

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    While often true Aldo I also know when I was a member of iRacing they pretty much released a new game every 3 months. When they got it wrong the forums reacted negatively. When they got it right the forums reacted with praise to the point of epic butt kissing. They had a few releases where they received a lot more grief than we are seeing in these forums here but I'm not seeing the Forza 7 stuff to compare. The only posts deleted on iRacing were a post that related to an exploit that could assist cheating and a couple of posts that were extremely abusive and contained some language. Interestingly they left other abusive posts up that did not contain foul language. iRacing received it very bad by a few people at the time, people left the service. By the time I finally left the service I still felt they hadn't addressed some of the issues raised but most people seemed happy. When they got it right (and at times they nailed it) the forum would erupt with praise.

Maybe their forum is the way it is because you pay for access with your membership. I personally think the biggest part of it is the transparency. While I don't think it is moderated enough and people get away with some very bad behaviour at times, the transparency there is among the best I have seen on any forum, not perfect but right up there. They have always gone out of their way to listen to members. They are always clear about why something is the way it is and they always own their mistakes. FWIW some members of iRacing have claimed they don't pay the membership for the game but for the forum as a few people there have claimed the iRacing forum is the best sim racing forum. My personal thoughts on that are their forums are too hostile with too much bullying allowed. User behaviour is at times unacceptable IMO and iRacing allow it to exist so I left iRacing feeling the community was too toxic despite being mostly made up of incredible people.

I realise it is a bit off topic, I just wanted to counter your generalisation with an example of how it is not always the case.

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Forza 7 is great.
    I think it is an improvement. The career mode is much better than it was. The online racing is closer. The various modes and scenarios are good. I also like the layout and the new things such as crates and customisable drivers etc.

It’s just kinda fun and cool. Thumbs up.

Platform
    PS4
    I'm still in two minds about getting this really, because I mainly play free race modes on these games and much as Forza 6 was ok for that - not as good as PCars 2 certainly - in F7 from what I can see there are less individual Indycars (4?), less Formula E with no e.dams Renault, just less of everything. In the last one there was almost a full grid's worth of Indycar teams/cars for instance whereas I'm thinking not here. So I've held off.

Superkart Pilot JoshTheGeologist's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    That car list tho.. fia trucks, Daytona Prototypes... I am so jelly
    Master's student and Graduate Assistant in geological sciences. Quotes =/= endorsements. PSN: Pie4July. Project Cars 2 focus - Rallycross, GT3, NASCAR, GT4, GTE, Group 4, Group A, GTO
    The following user likes this Post: Greg Redd

Platform
    XBOX1
    The series started to lose it's way when it hit xbox one, now it has evolved into a mediocre throw-away arcade game. The last two iterations have been a let down and now FM7 looks more of the same with some extra gimmicks and fundamental changes that no one asked for. I think i'd rather just light $80 on fire instead of giving T10 any more of my money for this garbage.
    GT: o Mike V o

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Forza is so behind

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingleo View Post
    Anyone else's thoughts on the game?
    I think it's quite rubbish. I already played FM5, FM6, FH2, FH3 in the past and FM7 is just the same old, same thing.

- so called revamped career mode is basically the same as in FM6, just dressed up differently
    - that idiotic ragdoll dancing/weaving/animating in front of my car is really irritating!!!
    - economy ruined within a week thanks to FE cars (I benefitted/exploited it as well while watching TV, got almost all cars in my garage now and I'm level 960, duh)
    - graphics are good but at the cost of tree textures. Seriously Mapple Valley trees from FM4 look better than those from FM7...
    - The AI is absolute garbage.
    - Physics are actually improved a bit but it's still an obvious arcade game.
    - crap bounty hunter community events again...
    - leagues, forzathon, auction house all absent from day one
    - normally Forza games are polished but this one is quite bugged even on XBox, obviously rushed out the door.
    - really annoying menu music, especially when compared to the competition

If it wasn't for my curiosity how it will look in 4K HDR on the XBox 1 X I would already regret buying it. IMO it's just FH3 but then on circuits, arcade all over the game and really starts to aim at young kids with those stupid driver costumes (mummie, astronaut, chef, tuxedo, ... seriously...)

* PCARS 2 was for me expected to be hands down the best racing game this fall and it surely delivered.
    * FM7 I thought would deliver *some* enjoyment but I never thought I would grow tired of it in a matter of days.
    * GT:Sport, now that is a pleasant surprise, the racing itself is quite arcade and dull, sound still sucks, but I really dig the presentation: beautiful crisp clear 3D car models around on the main screen, absolutely the best soft background menu music I ever heard in any game, I really like the scapes and the photography that comes with it. While I don't care to drive the Vision GT cars, they are sure pretty to look at. Also nice to read the info on the scapes and the car museum is nice too. I think I'm treating this more like an interactive car encyclopedia rather than a racing game, but that's how I'm really enjoying it. Collecting cars in GT:Sport is fun too since you can use them in scapes them. (in Forza the car collecting is so incredibly dull since some of those cars I'm collecting for the friggin 5th time in 2 years!!!) Ooh and back to GT:Sport, it has absolutely the most awesome single player leaderboards I can only dream about for PCARS 2.

Seriously, absolutely drooling over this type of leaderboard where on a certain track I can compare all my own personal times like shown below. That is absolutely the only thing I care about for time trials, I have no interest whatsoever to compare my times with the online dudes since most of the time I don't even tune my cars and just drive everything stock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gran Turismo™SPORT β Version_20171013011612.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	242633
    currently playing PCARS 2 on PS4 Pro (DualShock controller - offline) & XBox One (XBox Elite controller - online)
    system: Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa covered with 8 pillows, 2 blankets and me.
    The following user likes this Post: tennenbaum

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    I think it's quite rubbish. I already played FM5, FM6, FH2, FH3 in the past and FM7 is just the same old, same thing.

[snip]

Seriously, absolutely drooling over this type of leaderboard where on a certain track I can compare all my own personal times like shown below. That is absolutely the only thing I care about for time trials, I have no interest whatsoever to compare my times with the online dudes since most of the time I don't even tune my cars and just drive everything stock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gran Turismo™SPORT β Version_20171013011612.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	242633

After playing FM4 and FM6 nearly to completion, the second they started talking about costumes in the lead up to 7, I knew where it was headed. Didn't bother pre-ordering and just can't seem to get into buying it at all. Like you said, same old, same old, but now with shiny new junk nobody wanted and some Horizon cars and features that should have stayed in Horizon.

As for the GTS leaderboards, (ahem) ATTN. GAME DEVS! THIS!!! Please?
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp