Thread: Thrustmaster TMX won't hit 100% throttle

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Thrustmaster TMX won't hit 100% throttle

Have a new TMX and started playing PC2 but the throttle won't register beyond 80%. I've played with the dead zone and sensitivity but it won't go above 80% partial throttle. Any ideas or fixes?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkFastOC View Post
    Have a new TMX and started playing PC2 but the throttle won't register beyond 80%. I've played with the dead zone and sensitivity but it won't go above 80% partial throttle. Any ideas or fixes?
    Did you perform the calibration from the control menu?
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yep. That's how I figured out it wasn't hitting 100%. Brake and clutch are fine, both hitting 100. Just the dang throttle. We inverted the pedal set up in the menu, but as exciting as it is to drive with a left foot throttle, it wasn't the experience I'm looking for.

Honestly, it did the same thing in Forza 6 but I was able to adjust the dead zone. That fixed it in F6, just not in PC2. Any other thoughts?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yep. That's how I figured out it wasn't hitting 100%. Brake and clutch are fine, both hitting 100. Just the dang throttle. We inverted the pedal set up in the menu, but as exciting as it is to drive with a left foot throttle, it wasn't the experience I'm looking for.

Honestly, it did the same thing in Forza 6 but I was able to adjust the dead zone. That fixed it in F6, just not in PC2. Any other thoughts?
    Something is wrong with those pedals. Same problem in 2 different games (although you corrected it in FM6). You should have exchanged them for new ones the moment you discovered this problem. Maybe you still can.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Apparently, you've encountered a bad potentiometer, it happened to me once also, I got my T3PA replaced by warranty, I hope you have warranty left.
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    FIXED: Simply unplugged the pedals from the wheel when I was at the configuration menu, the plugged them back in. When I went to the pedal calibration screen it has reset to 100%. Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem with the TMX.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ixoye56, nissan4ever

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Consider the t3pa pro. Worth the money for the better pedals. I used the stock tmx pedals for a while but upgraded one some of the plastic broke on them. Wish I had upgraded the pedals sooner.
    The following user likes this Post: ThinkFastOC

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpstar View Post
    Consider the t3pa pro. Worth the money for the better pedals. I used the stock tmx pedals for a while but upgraded one some of the plastic broke on them. Wish I had upgraded the pedals sooner.
    Great advice, thanks. I'll check out the pro pedals. May even consider a wheel upgrade too.