Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel shake?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Wheel shake?

Hi all.

So i have a Logitech G920, if im driving in a straight line and let go of the wheel it starts to shake very slightly but very quickly from left to right. Does anybody know whats going on? how co fix it maybe? I mean other than that the wheel works fine using Jack Spade's FFB file the FFB is fantastic.

Thanks.
    Mobo:Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - CPU:i7 6700K(Corsair H80i water cooler) - RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 - GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition - Mouse:Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Headset:Logitech G930 7.1 - Wheel:Logitech G920 & shifter - Monitor:ASUS 24" 144Hz 1080p - Joypad:Xbox One - Storage:Samsung 960 PRO 512 GB & 1TB Western Digital SSHD - Case:Cooler Master HAF X - Operating system:Windows 10 Pro x64

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
    Hi all.

So i have a Logitech G920, if im driving in a straight line and let go of the wheel it starts to shake very slightly but very quickly from left to right. Does anybody know whats going on? how co fix it maybe? I mean other than that the wheel works fine using Jack Spade's FFB file the FFB is fantastic.

Thanks.
    Just like in real life then.
    Just don't let go of the wheel, why would you
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Just like in real life then.
    Just don't let go of the wheel, why would you
    Hahah if your car does that in real life you really need to take it into a garage! Seriously though. I only noticed it becasue I took my hands off the wheel to adjust my Rift!
    Mobo:Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - CPU:i7 6700K(Corsair H80i water cooler) - RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 - GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition - Mouse:Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Headset:Logitech G930 7.1 - Wheel:Logitech G920 & shifter - Monitor:ASUS 24" 144Hz 1080p - Joypad:Xbox One - Storage:Samsung 960 PRO 512 GB & 1TB Western Digital SSHD - Case:Cooler Master HAF X - Operating system:Windows 10 Pro x64
    The following user likes this Post: Raklodder

Superkart Pilot
    Hi all.

Thanks.
    Add a tiny dead zone of 1%.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi all.

Thanks.
    I have the same problem as well. I've tried to lower FFB settings but it becomes so violent on certain straightaways (daytona) that I can't physically keep it straight.

Platform
    PC
    I've noticed that too.
    I'll try to add the 1% deadzone (even though I hate deadzones... even as a concept).

BTW: anybody else noticed a strange shake on the back straight at Zolder, just before the chicane?
    It has a strange pattern, it's like something very rhythmic, like the evenly spaced bumps you feel driving on a bridge.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
    CPU: i5-7600K @4.63GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming A8G
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N, nVidia WHQL Drivers 388.31

Platform
    PC
    I think what you're referring to is the "excessive wheel shake", it's been an ongoing problem: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-issues/page28

You will eventually learn to deal with it, but it still feels wrong and my guess is that neither SMS or Logitech will fix it anytime soon.

Maybe one of Jack Spade's custom FFB profiles might help: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...stom-FFB-Files
    Last edited by Raklodder; 30-01-2018 at 11:31.
    PRIME Z270A | i5-7600K @ 4.7GHz | 16GB @ 3200MHz | RX 580 (8GB) @ 1390/8800MHz
    My VR performance and visual graphics settings: https://pastebin.com/raw/sXqZuwaU
    AI difficulty: 90 (skill) 50 (aggression) | G920/GTEYE + H-shifter | ViVE (SteamVR)
    Feel free to add me if you want to race! Fully unchained from leagues!

I have an G25, using 100:69:50:25 with immersion, I have the jack spade files, but keep always coming back to Immersion. I think i have the best FFB i could have with this wheel (IMO ) and i think i donīt suffer from wheel shaking at high speeds, I cannot confirm 100%, because i donīt drive all cars, very few times i drive Formula cars.

I'm possibly the only one with a Logitech steering wheel, which uses the 3 parameters of force at there max settings of 150%. It was the first time with a sim that I experimented such settings and i like very much, only with vintage cars can be abrupt sometimes, usually in loose and grip gain conditions.

Note: my wheel even after many years is like new, maybe because every year I dismantle the wheel, clean and fix any think that needs fixing ( my H doesnīt work anymore, only sequential, so I have an TH8 shifter.

Off topic:I have been thinking along time about this, why spend 1000€ or more in a wheel, when you should spend that amount on a FFB cockpit?! and than a wheel like mine is enought, modern cars donīt transmit nothing from the wheel.

like this one:https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=s-_JzoRDo_E only: 1799 dollars with 3DOF
    Last edited by pferreirag60; 30-01-2018 at 13:15.
    i7 5820K @ 4400 Water Cooled - Asus Deluxe x99 - 16GB DDR4 2800@3000 - 2x GTX980 (1477MHZ) - 3 Monitor 24" + 27" 1440p 100hz - Logitech G25 (modded pedals) + TH8A Shifter - OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Pedro Ferreira

Platform
    PC
    Hi all.

Thanks.
    I've tried each of Jack Spade's standard profiles but the excessive wheel shake on the straights is just a normal thing for now on G29/G920. The best settings I was able to settle on was the Standard mid comp 100/45-55/45/35. I do mostly GT3 but the shake i think happens with most cars.

Although messing with the deadzone seems like the logical fix, it really didnt work for me, rather instead it killed the steering sensation. I doubt this can be fixed by anyone else other than Jack Spade, because this never happens with the raw and immersive settings from SMS.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Not sure if this helps, but you can try lowering Centering Spring strength in Logitech Game Profiler:

http://www.lay-zmattress.com/flatout...h-rotation.jpg