Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forza 7 and GT Sport make me appreciate Project Cars 2 even more

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Forza 7 and GT Sport make me appreciate Project Cars 2 even more

Forza 7: Microntransactions, loot boxes, a career mode which seems more like an arcade game than a sim, less emphasis on motorsports, basic dynamic rain which is marketed like it's some big deal etc.

GT Sport: Multiplayer-focused, not even a basic career mode, no rain (?), even fake cars (lol) etc.

It's amazing (and shocking) how vastly superior Project Cars 2 is compared to these games. The only thing that it is lacking is polish and I hope the numerous bugs will be fixed soon.

But all in all, SMS deserves huge credit for making racing games exactly as they should be made. Mainly single-player, focus on motorsports and the racing experience and intensity, not endless car collecting with no personality. Thank you SMS, please keep doing what you are doing.

Platform
    PC
    "Even fake cars"

I know right,how stupid is that.
    Now let me switch on my TV and watch the live Marek race around Mojave and the RWD race afterwards.
    Ryzen 7 3700x / Asus Crosshair 7/ Gigabyte 1080ti / Corsair DDR 3800@16-17-16-32 / Corsair HX750 Plat / Coolermaster HAF-X / Thermalright Macho
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Diablo944, GT_Racing, hkraft300

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    That's disappointing. I'm skipping Forza anyway because no VR, but I had hopped GT Sport would give me the track day experience of buying a banger in GT1 or 2 but with VR.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I really, really think that all these people who are slagging off the likes of Forza, AC, GT Sport etc are properly cutting their nose off to spite their face. I don't understand it.

(If you can afford it) get them all. Enjoy the fact that as a consumer you've never had it this good. That what I'm intending to do. Take the best bits out of each one, enjoy getting to know each one and maybe after really spending time making an objective comparison, one of them comes out ahead.

There's also F1 2017, WRC7, the Isle of Man TT game......this is the best year I've ever known for good racers coming out.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: BMfan, EV3RY, jdmnsprd, Leper Messiah, Nint, Norxman

Platform
    XBOX1
    Well I only had enough money to buy either Forza 7 or PC2. Was one of the easiest decisions I've ever had to make to buy PC2. There's just not much I enjoy about the Forza series anymore. The big killer for me is they still don't have custom public lobbies which forces you to pretty much race in the public hoppers with idiots and do to 2 or 3 lap so called 'races', no no practice, no quali.

Platform
    PC
    This year is truly a great year to be a sim racer.
    | Intel i7 6770k Skylake 4.0GHz | Maximus VIII Formula | GEForce GTX 1080 | 32Gb DDR4 2133MHz Ram | Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD | 2 x WD 2Tb 7200RPM Data Drive | Corsair 850W PSU (Modular) | WIN 10 Pro 64 Bit | 34" Dell U3415W 21:9 3440x1440 Ultrawide | 24" Samsung 1080p side monitor |
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Deano89, Konan, Leper Messiah, Mowzer, Ravager619

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by m355y View Post
    I really, really think that all these people who are slagging off the likes of Forza, AC, GT Sport etc are properly cutting their nose off to spite their face. I don't understand it.

(If you can afford it) get them all. Enjoy the fact that as a consumer you've never had it this good. That what I'm intending to do. Take the best bits out of each one, enjoy getting to know each one and maybe after really spending time making an objective comparison, one of them comes out ahead.

There's also F1 2017, WRC7, the Isle of Man TT game......this is the best year I've ever known for good racers coming out.
    To be fair, the OP wrote down his/her opinion and added why he/she thinks pC2 is better. Not really slagging off, but reasons why he/she doesn't want to buy those other games.

But you're right about having such choice to get/play whatever suits your interest and gaming needs. We have a great period of racing games being quite abundant and mainstream, with different types of games for different types of people.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorGR View Post
    Forza 7: Microntransactions, loot boxes, a career mode which seems more like an arcade game than a sim, less emphasis on motorsports, basic dynamic rain which is marketed like it's some big deal etc.

GT Sport: Multiplayer-focused, not even a basic career mode, no rain (?), even fake cars (lol) etc.

It's amazing (and shocking) how vastly superior Project Cars 2 is compared to these games. The only thing that it is lacking is polish and I hope the numerous bugs will be fixed soon.

But all in all, SMS deserves huge credit for making racing games exactly as they should be made. Mainly single-player, focus on motorsports and the racing experience and intensity, not endless car collecting with no personality. Thank you SMS, please keep doing what you are doing.

What sticks in my head is the Budget. Could you imagine what SMS could do with a budget like Forza 7? ( roughly 10 times as much)
    CPU :17-5930k @ 4.0 Ghz || GPU : Evga 1080Ti X2 || Ram: DDR4 32 GB @ 2400 ||MB: Asus X99-Deluxe ||OS: windows 8.1 || Monitors: triple samsung 27" curved @ 5760x1080 ||Wheel|| Tx 458
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Leper Messiah, Trippul G

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    To be fair, the OP wrote down his/her opinion and added why he/she thinks pC2 is better. Not really slagging off, but reasons why he/she doesn't want to buy those other games.

But you're right about having such choice to get/play whatever suits your interest and gaming needs. We have a great period of racing games being quite abundant and mainstream, with different types of games for different types of people.
    Do you think they've actually played Forza 7 or GT Sport? If not, how can they say PC2 is 'vastly superior'? I'm not having a go, I just see a lot of posts like the OP on here, and I just don't get it. Why is there always this rivalry? For SMS themselves, yeah, of course. They want their game to be regarded as the best, they want PC2 to wipe the floor with the opposition. But for us? We're not limited, we can buy whatever games we want. I've got Project CARS 2, Assetto Corsa and F1 2016 sitting happily one on top of the other next to my TV and they'll probably be joined by Forza 7 and F1 2017 soon.

Although, to be honest, my excitement about Forza 7 has taken a big, big hit. Project CARS 2 just seems to offer everything it does, in way more depth. Don't care if it's not as polished. I'm not over-excited by GT Sport either. But I'd certainly hold fire on proclaiming PC2 'vastly superior' until I've actually played them.
    The following user likes this Post: Nint

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by m355y View Post
    Do you think they've actually played Forza 7 or GT Sport? If not, how can they say PC2 is 'vastly superior'? I'm not having a go, I just see a lot of posts like the OP on here, and I just don't get it. Why is there always this rivalry? For SMS themselves, yeah, of course. They want their game to be regarded as the best, they want PC2 to wipe the floor with the opposition. But for us? We're not limited, we can buy whatever games we want. I've got Project CARS 2, Assetto Corsa and F1 2016 sitting happily one on top of the other next to my TV and they'll probably be joined by Forza 7 and F1 2017 soon.

Although, to be honest, my excitement about Forza 7 has taken a big, big hit. Project CARS 2 just seems to offer everything it does, in way more depth. Don't care if it's not as polished. I'm not over-excited by GT Sport either. But I'd certainly hold fire on proclaiming PC2 'vastly superior' until I've actually played them.
    I hear ya. It's just circle jerk nonsense. No different from the weirdos who judge every game based on if it feels different to AC.

"That car doesn't handle like in ac.... Simcade!!!"

And lastly about fake cars... Umm formula x... Hello!?

The fact that gt sport and this release within a month of eachother is brilliant. Both do different things better than the other.

A great year for racing sim fans! Enjoy it instead of getting precious about your favourite product.
    The following user likes this Post: Nint