Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The rear view mirror in cockpit

Superkart Pilot JoshTheGeologist's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4

The rear view mirror in cockpit

When in the chase cam, the game gives you a rear view mirror at the top of the screen to see behind you.

When in the cockpit, you have to look up at the rear view mirror to see it.

Unfortunately since I have a wheel, I do not have buttons to look around so racing in the cockpit can be a little challenging. The spotter and AI presence indicator help but I'd really like a mirror.

I haven't seen a setting for it. Am I missing something? If not, I definitely think this could be a setting sms could add in a patch.
    Master's student and Graduate Assistant in geological sciences. Quotes =/= endorsements. PSN: Pie4July. Project Cars 2 focus - Rallycross, GT3, NASCAR, GT4, GTE, Group 4, Group A, GTO

Platform
    PC
    It's in the HUD customisation options.

I'm not sure if it's been in the patch yet or not, but you might need to switch to the "light" HUD to make it 'stay'.
    You can however select all the displays and whatnot that you are using the in 'full' HUD in the 'light' HUD too.
    WIPSystem: Intel i5 4670k 3.4GHz; Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb DDr3 1866mhz; Crucial M4 128gb; Asus ROG Z87 Maximus VI Hero; Asus DirectCUII GTX 580; Win 7 Ultimate x64, G25
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Diluvian, Roger Prynne, Tepp

Superkart Pilot JoshTheGeologist's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingTopsy View Post
    It's in the HUD customisation options.

I'm not sure if it's been in the patch yet or not, but you might need to switch to the "light" HUD to make it 'stay'.
    You can however select all the displays and whatnot that you are using the in 'full' HUD in the 'light' HUD too.
    Thanks for your help, unfortunately I've encountered another issue. I can't save anything once I make changes. Clicking save does nothing. I can only back out of the screen. Is that what you mean by making the changes stay? Or did you mean it changes between sessions? Cause right now I can't even save my changes for the current session. I can't get out of the screen unless I hit cancel
    Master's student and Graduate Assistant in geological sciences. Quotes =/= endorsements. PSN: Pie4July. Project Cars 2 focus - Rallycross, GT3, NASCAR, GT4, GTE, Group 4, Group A, GTO

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Use the cursor to move the boxes then highlight save with D pad should fix that.....
    Xbox 1 with G920, Paddles and Pedals, No Assists (EMW Smiler)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Or you can go into the camera settings for a sec, dont have to change anything , and the mirror appears.

Platform
    PC
    For some reason the rear view mirror hud element never stays on for me. I can enable it by going to the hud customization area, then leaving it, at which point the rear view mirror turned on. But whenever I load another track, or leave and re-enter the mirror is gone again. Also if I push a button to rotate between the hud style it'll disappear and not reappear when I re-select 'full hud', have to go into the hud customizer and exit to get it to appear again. I think it's bugged.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Yes until it's fixed if you use the hud rear view mirror, at the start of every race session you need to open your hud customization option then back out. It's a good workaround for the time being.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Has anyone managed to see warning flags in the HUD yet? I can't get them to appear at all !!
    Xbox One, WD Elements 3TB USB3 HD, Crewchief (Android), PCars Dash (iPad), cup of tea, digestive biscuits (plain chocolate, not milk), huge grin.

Platform
    XBOX1
    yea the highlighting the save box with the d pad is the trick to get that to save.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Plato99 View Post
    Has anyone managed to see warning flags in the HUD yet? I can't get them to appear at all !!
    Flags haven't worked for me at all either. Not sure what the deal is.