Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have a good Indy Setup?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Or does the Honda just suck that bad? I adjusted the radiator opening down to 5% and gained a few mph that way. I’m down to the 39s but no way to the 38 that is the Indy car fastest lap.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by deedok View Post
    Or does the Honda just suck that bad? I adjusted the radiator opening down to 5% and gained a few mph that way. I’m down to the 39s but no way to the 38 that is the Indy car fastest lap.
    The best time I could find for the Honda since the 4.0 Patch is 0:39.499(#140 sms austino, one of the better runners on PC) so it seems like you are as good as that. It's not much better for the Chevrolet. Are you comparing yourself to those who are running the same Patch as you?
    http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...0297826&page=2
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So I set up my Honda Indy car for Indy oval. Ran qualifying at night. I would hit 240mph going into turn 3. When I enter a race during daylight, I'm lucky to hit 230mph on the back stretch.
    Does time of day really have that big of an effect on the car? Am I missing something here? Appreciate any tips

Vehicle Technical Lead Casey Ringley's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Sounds like a change in wind speed and direction. It does vary through the whole weather/time cycle.
    Haste Is Slow
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, OddTimer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtroc71 View Post
    So I set up my Honda Indy car for Indy oval. Ran qualifying at night. I would hit 240mph going into turn 3. When I enter a race during daylight, I'm lucky to hit 230mph on the back stretch.
    Does time of day really have that big of an effect on the car? Am I missing something here? Appreciate any tips
    I had a run for the first time on this circuit this week. I noticed a huge difference in car performance from Quali to the Race. In Quali the car was hitting the limiter in 5th gear just before the end of the straights. I was staying in 5th gear through the whole lap and getting 40.6 lap times on a full load of fuel. Jump into the race and the performance is down. Can not reach the limit of 5th gear and i have to downshift to 4th to keep the speed up in the corners. I also noticed that the warm tyre pressures were significantly higher in the race than in Quali. I adjusted the pressures for the race, but the power of the engine is still down between quali and the race. In Quali the car burns 2.6litres of fuel per lap, but in the race the car only burns 2.3litres. Someone said this is a real life power reduction that may have been transferred into the game. They said during real practice and qualifying for the Indy 500 the teams have their engine power cranked up but for the race they turn it down. Although that may be the case, it still doesn't explain the warm tyre pressure differences between quali and the race. I think it makes it really hard to set up the car for the race if you can't test the car properly for race conditions in a practice session.

EDIT - I used the same time of day and weather, and the same setup for both quali and race session.
    Last edited by niblips; 07-06-2018 at 17:11.