Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Renault Clio setup advice - rear end issues

Platform
    XBOX1

Renault Clio setup advice - rear end issues

Hi guys. I'm having real difficulty controlling this car coming into the corners. The back end keeps stepping out/oversteering, it's almost undrivable, feels very nervous all the time. This car was a lot of fun in PC1, but it acts strange in PC2. I tried few little things with the setup, but still had no luck. Am I the only one or is anyone else having this issue? Any advice on the setup?

Thanks
    ME | Project Cars 2 & F1 2017 & DiRT Rally | Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 599XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition & T3PA Pedals | PLAYSEAT Challenge | SONY Bravia 48'' 4K Ultra HD
    The following user likes this Post: manzomo

major sunscreen
    I'm doing the exact same thing.Really softening rear dampers and increasing rear toe, also increase front left tyre pressure slightly and reduce rear tyre pressure slightly and tweaking the off throttle diff has softened the violence of it. Otherwise I read this of a racing website..most of which can't be adjusted in the Clio..
    Driving
    lift off the brake more carefully at the end of the braking zone
    apply less steering at corner entry
    brake earlier and accelerate earlier
    no tail-braking, brake in a straight line
    apply a bit of throttle while going off the brakes to stabilise the rear
    Setup
    raise rear wing
    reduce front camber
    increase front springs / lower rear's
    increase front dampers / lower rear's
    try the 'first-' dampers first, they have a smaller effect on handling than the 'bound' and 'rebound' dampers
    apply more positive toe at the rear - be careful, the car will understeer more
    reduce value of the acceleration differential ('diff power')
    increase braking differential ('diff coast')
    put more brake bias to the front
    increase ARB in the front / reduce at the rear
    Last edited by major sunscreen; 01-10-2017 at 15:37. Reason: Update

Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks, man. When it comes to driving it, I do most of the things that you mentioned, no trail-braking, really gentle with the way I let off the throttle, braking in a straight line, but just feels like it can be improved. Even at slower speed it behaves a bit unrealeasting in some cases, like the rear wheels are on ice or something. I will try and play around more with the setup.
    ME | Project Cars 2 & F1 2017 & DiRT Rally | Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 599XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition & T3PA Pedals | PLAYSEAT Challenge | SONY Bravia 48'' 4K Ultra HD
    The following user likes this Post:

major sunscreen
    I'm going to experiment with the off throttle diff a bit. If I have a Eureka moment I'll let u know..

major sunscreen
    So.. off throttle diff didn't really work as I thought it might and I think it's because the race I'm doing (Brands Hatch Indy) hasn't really got any off throttle corners as such. So I wondered if the power ramp diff might be the solution. And it kind of is but not in a more pace kind of way but rather in a I'm much more comfortable ragging this car way. I increased it to 88 degrees and found that with about 50-70 % power you can really balance the car. I had it on 2 wheels going through turn 1 on the throttle ( I poop you not) but if you mash the power it'll just understeer off the exit so it's a bit of a balance. Biggest impact for me is the dampers.. it's impossible to eradicate the oversteer for me but it's massively controllable now. As an aside on the same lap as I did the two wheel job at turn one, exited turn 2 and there's a three car pile up at turn 3. Even my wife has started watching over my shoulder..if anyone else has a good clito setup/solution please share it!
    The following user likes this Post: Koza_Nostra

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Clio snap oversteer

Im currently playing clio cup in career but im stuck and can't progess because of the insane snap oversteer on this thing. Is this because of the issues with FFB on xb1? Or is there something else I can try?

I started in the ginetta juniors which felt good and i had some cracking races , but the clio...oddly it seems to perform much better with all terrain tyres, but then I'm miles off the pace with everyone else running slicks.

Appreciate any advice

WMD Member
    The rear wheels don't heat up, they stay cold so first of all lower the pressures of the rear tyres. They will then heat up and stick more. I spoke to the tuning engineer and told him that under braking I slid from the back. He changed the braking balance. This worked great for Me, after a few laps all tyres are green, the track rubbers and the car is stable. Also change from authentic to assists on, the remove as you get used to it. I find it best with no stability, low traction and and high
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Koza_Nostra

Yep, run the rears flat and move the brake balance forward... once you get some heat in the rears they should stop coming around on you

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content
    The following 4 users likes this Post: bradleyland, Konan, Koza_Nostra

Platform
    XBOX1
    I had the same issues too, especially mid corner once I was about to apex. The car stepped out every time. My cure was:

1) significantly decrease rear tyre pressure so they they run between 30-32 psi after 1 lap
    2) soften rear suspension, I took it down by about 30% from default.
    3) Adjust brake balance to 65% front in dry and 52% front in wet
    4) brake before turning and then apply mid level throttle as you approach the apex. This stabilises the car around nicely.

Now the car is huge fun to drive in races. You still have to pay attention and drive it a certain way but it no longer felt unfair
    The following 4 users likes this Post: fishaac, Koza_Nostra, Lplate

Platform
    PC
    Regarding the overrotation issue there is an easy fix but I don't really get why this works, maybe the car is bugged.

The lower the POWER RAMP angle the more rotation even without putting in throttle. So to fix the issue go to differential setup:

- Lower preload (i set to 0)
    - Power Ramp to high values

And the car behaves more realistic (imo) and predictable - Let me know if that works for you chaps.
    System: i5 2500k @4,6Ghz, MSI GTX970, 8GB Ram, Win10 PRO 64bit - T500rs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FFB-linearisation-sheet: Open
    To use it you have to make a copy of it! Go to "file" -> "copy.."

If you find bugs or something else, you can create comments inside my sheet or post it in the following discussion thread:

The discussion thread: Visit
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following 4 users likes this Post: fishaac, hexagram87, Koza_Nostra, Lplate