Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Project CARS 2 Suspension Calculator v0.996(b)

Handling QA Lead Jussi Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by glm3141 View Post
    Hello Jussi
    Can we expect a version with the new LMP1s anytime soon?
    thanks and cheers
    Very soon. As in, "right now":

14.6.2018: Update to v0.996, cars from the Spirit of Le Mans added, changed total "heave rate" column to show current damper critical rate (doesn't include 3rd spring, still gotta use the graph for that...).

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post

14.6.2018: Update to v0.996, cars from the Spirit of Le Mans added, changed total "heave rate" column to show current damper critical rate (doesn't include 3rd spring, still gotta use the graph for that...).

Thanks mate.
    Love your work.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    PS4
    Right in time before our 2,4h Le Mans race tomorrow, thank you Jussi!
    a.k.a. "Chief fast sock" // German Project CARS Community: www.pcars-forum.de

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the update Jussi!!
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Just a small thing. The thread title is still 0.995.
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Immersive 90/32/60/5

Kart Driver 2010 Synergy Camaro's Avatar
    Platform
    PC

Thanks Jussi for the critical damping rates calculation section you added. Looking more and more like the Project Cars 1 calculator now. It is now easier to dial in the fast settings range of 30 - 40%.
    MOBO: MSI B250 PC Mate CPU: i5 7500 Memory: DDR4-2400 2X8GB
    GPU: NVDIA GeForce GTX 1060 OS: Windows 10 Creator Ver 1709 Display: 1080P. Wheel: Logitech G29 with Wheelstand Pro V2.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    Just a small thing. The thread title is still 0.995.
    Fixed, thanks. =)
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I just came across a small problem. Wanted to do some setup work with the Ford Fusion for the Daytona Speedway. The left side of the base setup is within the values of the calculator, the right side need to bee much higher. The drop down selector ends at "50", I tried Excel and Open Office versions. If I manually enter higher values ("60", "70") they work, you just can't see which are available. Anything I can configure to male the drop down box longer or do you have to change it?

Platform
    PC
    I would have to change it, but to do it properly I'd basically have to add the car twice, which I'm not really that keen on doing (what with lateral weight distribution to worry about too). I basically intended for the calculator to be used for circuit racing, mostly because trying to fit in data for every corner would have been a nightmare in Excel from a UI perspective, and so I put in the physics sets for the circuit versions of the cars (oval cars can have significantly different physics from the circuit version, and the game picks the correct physics set based on your track selection, so with the Fusion there are actually 3 sets, one for circuits, one for shorter ovals, and one for super speedways). Even the primarily oval cars like the Agajanian Watson, the Chevy and Honda IndyCar oval bodykits and indeed the Fusion all have a separate physics set for circuit racing. The only reason the Lotus 38 is there (twice in fact) is because it doesn't have that, and was built highly asymmetrically, with different motion ratios all around etc., and it needed that to make adjusting it for circuit use feasible.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Thanks for your reply Jussi. So basically making the higher values "visible" in the spread sheet and using it twice / individually for the left and right side would lead to bad setups? Of course there is the lateral distribution...I would have tried to stay within the frequency differences of the base setup for left / right...but that's just my nooby way of trial and error tuning ;-)