Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Project CARS 2 Suspension Calculator v0.996(b)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Jussi,

I've been using this calculator for a while now, and it's been very helpful. I've gone through and saved one for just about every car (using 996b), except for the Ferrari download pack, which I will be patient for. I have one question, without reading through 37 pages to see if someone answered, could you tell me if it's better to be dialed in to the dark blue line as close as possible on every car? I'm wondering if that's the safe default, that I'm not sure I learned from you initial instructions. I do that, and it seems to work. If the car's settings don't allow an exact match to the line, I try to make sure the line is following the same bend and angle. For example, here's the BMW 320 Turbo without messing with springs and ARB. The car itself has max bump and rebounds that can't go as high as I would need to match the dark blue line:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMW 320 - 996b.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	268420
    SLI EVGA SC 1070s, 6th Gen i7 6700K 4.0GHz, 4x4GB Kingston Fury 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair HX1000i, MSI Z170A SLI Plus MB, Samsung SSD, Cooler Master Fans, Fractal Design Case, Samsung 4K UHD HDR 43" curved, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster T300RS servo, TM leather wheel, T3PA-PRO pedals, TH8A Shifter

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Description

Quote Originally Posted by Racer66 View Post
    Jussi,

I've been using this calculator for a while now, and it's been very helpful. I've gone through and saved one for just about every car (using 996b), except for the Ferrari download pack, which I will be patient for. I have one question, without reading through 37 pages to see if someone answered, could you tell me if it's better to be dialed in to the dark blue line as close as possible on every car? I'm wondering if that's the safe default, that I'm not sure I learned from you initial instructions. I do that, and it seems to work. If the car's settings don't allow an exact match to the line, I try to make sure the line is following the same bend and angle. For example, here's the BMW 320 Turbo without messing with springs and ARB. The car itself has max bump and rebounds that can't go as high as I would need to match the dark blue line:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMW 320 - 996b.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	268420
    The OP left an vague and incomplete description for this calculator. For Critical Damping, rates, percentages, etc. Are you able to post a better description of what we are looking at. I've been trying this calculator and it looks good on paper but doesn't really change the car so much.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1383735

He gives some numbers but more important are the links to the video's. Once you take the time to read and learn, yes it will require your time to learn, the tunes you produce will reflect what you have learned. I have used this program many times and ALWAYS produced better than stock tunes. Best of luck.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    These numbers should be in the base game. I'd rather tune in frequency and damping ratio, with the raw values indicated secondarily, than have to bounce out for every car, fiddle with the spreadsheet, test drive, repeat.