Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Project CARS 2 Suspension Calculator v0.996(b)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Jussi,

I've been using this calculator for a while now, and it's been very helpful. I've gone through and saved one for just about every car (using 996b), except for the Ferrari download pack, which I will be patient for. I have one question, without reading through 37 pages to see if someone answered, could you tell me if it's better to be dialed in to the dark blue line as close as possible on every car? I'm wondering if that's the safe default, that I'm not sure I learned from you initial instructions. I do that, and it seems to work. If the car's settings don't allow an exact match to the line, I try to make sure the line is following the same bend and angle. For example, here's the BMW 320 Turbo without messing with springs and ARB. The car itself has max bump and rebounds that can't go as high as I would need to match the dark blue line:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMW 320 - 996b.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	268420
    SLI EVGA SC 1070s, 6th Gen i7 6700K 4.0GHz, 4x4GB Kingston Fury 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair HX1000i, MSI Z170A SLI Plus MB, Samsung SSD, Cooler Master Fans, Fractal Design Case, Samsung 4K UHD HDR 43" curved, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster T300RS servo, TM leather wheel, T3PA-PRO pedals, TH8A Shifter

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Description

Quote Originally Posted by Racer66 View Post
    Jussi,

I've been using this calculator for a while now, and it's been very helpful. I've gone through and saved one for just about every car (using 996b), except for the Ferrari download pack, which I will be patient for. I have one question, without reading through 37 pages to see if someone answered, could you tell me if it's better to be dialed in to the dark blue line as close as possible on every car? I'm wondering if that's the safe default, that I'm not sure I learned from you initial instructions. I do that, and it seems to work. If the car's settings don't allow an exact match to the line, I try to make sure the line is following the same bend and angle. For example, here's the BMW 320 Turbo without messing with springs and ARB. The car itself has max bump and rebounds that can't go as high as I would need to match the dark blue line:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMW 320 - 996b.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	268420
    The OP left an vague and incomplete description for this calculator. For Critical Damping, rates, percentages, etc. Are you able to post a better description of what we are looking at. I've been trying this calculator and it looks good on paper but doesn't really change the car so much.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1383735

He gives some numbers but more important are the links to the video's. Once you take the time to read and learn, yes it will require your time to learn, the tunes you produce will reflect what you have learned. I have used this program many times and ALWAYS produced better than stock tunes. Best of luck.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    These numbers should be in the base game. I'd rather tune in frequency and damping ratio, with the raw values indicated secondarily, than have to bounce out for every car, fiddle with the spreadsheet, test drive, repeat.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hello everyone, I have just started my own car garage in Dubai, I am just started suspension work for cars. Can anybody help me out how can i calculate these numbers and ratio.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi all!

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to thank Jussi for his amazing work on the suspension tool, that must have taken quite a bit of your time creating and updating it.

But more importantly I wanted to thank Jussi for his extensive explanation on things, it gave me a much better understanding of it all!
    I still have some learning to do, but especially with talking about extremes like prototypes and rally cars really helped my imagination going, on what is happening with certain values!

You have my thanks and appreciation!

On a small curious note, are there any thoughts on the RSR behaviour in the wet? Is it a bug in the "game"?

I don't like to refer to PC2 like that, because it's more a sim and deserves respect!
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexand2wheels View Post

On a small curious note, are there any thoughts on the RSR behaviour in the wet? Is it a bug in the "game"?
    Care to elaborate on this?
    I find the RSR has too much oversteer unless the springs are at 340/180 (f/r) which is max spring front, minimum rear. Still I find the rear tyres consistently hotter than the front by ~10c. I might try some funky damping to try shift some of that temp disparity.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Which tracks/corners best highlight fast damper changes?

Expanding that question further, which tracks/corners best showcase the other sections of the calculator?

Platform
    PS4
    That's a good question.
    I'm not sure without data logging apps, but I think you could at least glean the effects, visually /by feel, of the damper transition. Once you set that, you can play with fast damping I guess.

Le mans, at the exit of Michelin chicanes (2nd chicane on the hunaudieres straight, and at the exit of arnage are 2 very distinct bumpy sections.
    Arnage is inconsequential because you're already heading straight when you hit the bumps. The Michelin exit you hit the bumps with some steering lock.

Also Imola the downhill approaching turn 9 is really bumpy, and maybe the downhill approaching turn 14/Rivazza (the last 2 left turns before the pit straight).

Off the top of my head.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    A great tool. Many thanks for your work and your time.

I am still learning details on how to use them well, but so far the effects are excellent.

Finally, I can drive a Formula A car. It was impossible before. I tried to get what the F1 series from Codemasters offers, because that driving model gives the most pure fun. The car keeps on the road, gets high speeds. Now I got the same thing in Project CARS 2, in formula A.

The original settings make the suspension virtually no work. Charts outside the ranges. And it feels.

My favorite racing series so far has been completely useless for me, despite attempts to set up the car. But suspension settings have never been my strong point. In PC2, for some cars, they seem to be absolutely key issue.

edit: Is there a similar tool for Project CARS 1?
    Last edited by eMc0B; 27-06-2020 at 12:19.