Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [NO] Does racing with AI increase safety rating?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[NO] Does racing with AI increase safety rating?

Just the letter portion of your license - the class - not the number score. If racing clean with ai in multi, whether someone joins or not, increased my license class I could get out of the crashers in E,F, and U licenses.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Short answer, No.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PC
    Shame as I'm at the point of not wanting to join the lobbies any more because of the flagrant disregard and disrespect of other drivers. I'm tired of seeing cars just literally drive through other cars as if they are not there or just turn in on a corner like they just don't care if there is a car inside or not. I'm an old guy and a clean racer and this is just spoiling the experience to the point of not wanting to race any more. I had hoped the licensing system would have started to weedle out these a**holes but it sure doesn't seem like it.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: GenBrien, HLR Ghosty, JoshTheGeologist, Rxdrifter7, VIPR_SOA, _pak_

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    sounds like you need to join a league that organizes races on your platform. These have rules etc so plenty of clean racing to be had.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nepal roade View Post
    Shame as I'm at the point of not wanting to join the lobbies any more because of the flagrant disregard and disrespect of other drivers. I'm tired of seeing cars just literally drive through other cars as if they are not there or just turn in on a corner like they just don't care if there is a car inside or not. I'm an old guy and a clean racer and this is just spoiling the experience to the point of not wanting to race any more. I had hoped the licensing system would have started to weedle out these a**holes but it sure doesn't seem like it.
    I'm and old guy too. (Ha!) IMO it will take several weeks for the weedling to even start making for an improved casual races multiplayer experience. But even then, as an "A" license holder in iRacing, I still see a significant amount of poor racecraft and poor situational awareness during "B" and "C" license races. P2 has gotten my attention .........so I think I'm ready to invest a bunch of time into it and see how it all pans out over the next several weeks.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nepal roade View Post
    It's very simple: Just join a lobby, do NOT qualify.. at the start of the race, let EVERYONE pass you. Then slowly creep up from the last position and keep driving among other people, but in a safe way where you have enough space to avoid collisions. You'll quickly rank up your safety rating.. then after that only join or create lobbies with higher safety rating. It's really that simple and doesn't take all that long. It took me about 20 races (I keep tabs on my progress) to go from U to C rank once I understood this mechanic.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Henrique Clausing, Lplate, MortICi, Orothil, Roger Prynne

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    If you race online regularly you will soon find people who are clean racers stick in the same lobby with a good host and the rammers will get removed and generally a lobby will fill up with good racers and your rating will soon go up

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Short answer, No.
    I could have sworn I did an AI race online and my safety rating went up, but I did have 1 spot open for human player.. guess it's possible someone joined and I wasn't paying attention. I made sure to race closely to the AI too, this was also before the very first patch hit.. So possible it changed or I am just plain wrong.

Platform
    PC
    A couple of weeks later after my post above and I have to say I am much happier than I was then and really enjoying PC2 at last. I tended to avoid all lobbies for a few days and just enjoyed hotlapping and TT but then went back to racing with my quicker friends and decided to ignore the points rating and just do the best I could staying clean. Since then I've moved up to a C rating but also started to increase my skill points too. What has been most helpful is short 5 or 6 lap races racing my style of a bit slow and steady but consistent. It seems now that eventually I will find my appropriate level of skill rating and hover around that from then on. At least I hope that is how it will turn out. I stay completely away from public lobbies now too which I'm sure has helped. It's too early yet to give the system a thumbs up but the outlook is certainly better than it was.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bradleyland, cpcdem, Gizmundos

Platform
    PC
    It does work.... sort of. There needs to be at least 1 other human player in the room. Limit to 2 human players, get a friend you know and trust into the room and fill the rest with AI. Et voila!! This still works post patch 2.0.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following user likes this Post: VIPR_SOA