Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Project Cars 2 on Xbox one X

  1. #1
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    12
    Platform
    PC

    Red face Project Cars 2 on Xbox one X

    Hi, has anyone seen/tried project cars 2 on an xbox one x build / preview version?

    Have tried the game on ps4 pro with hdr and it looks nice.
    But interrested in the xbox one version.

    Is there difference enough to choose xbox one (x) version over ps4 pro?

    Play on Samsung KS8005 (Europe version)

  2. #2
    Superkart Pilot weerufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ayrshire, Scotland
    Posts
    101
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    interested to find out too, I've read a few snippets about improved frame rates & resolution but nothing specific & haven't seen anything about SMS actually having a 1X.

    On paper the IX is certainly more powerful than PS4 pro so the game should look really good on the 1X....im hoping to wait until it comes out & see what reactions come up on this forum, BUT i can see myself preordering lol!!!

  3. #3
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    12
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by weerufus View Post
    interested to find out too, I've read a few snippets about improved frame rates & resolution but nothing specific & haven't seen anything about SMS actually having a 1X.

    On paper the IX is certainly more powerful than PS4 pro so the game should look really good on the 1X....im hoping to wait until it comes out & see what reactions come up on this forum, BUT i can see myself preordering lol!!!
    Yes, I know.. SMS have not given much information other than higher resolution.. I already own pcars2 on ps4 but changed my G29 (ps4) wheel to G920 because of Forza 7.. So now I need to buy pcars2 on xbox as well so I can play it like it's ment to, with a wheel 😊

  4. #4
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    91
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I’m curious to, especially since I have pre-ordered it

  5. #5
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    64
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonfast View Post
    Iím curious to, especially since I have pre-ordered it
    I personally think it will make a big improvement. I can't say that it will be super noticeable compared to PS4 PRO but One X is definitely one very nice piece of hardware. I was considering making the move to 4k on a PC but given the cost of an X is equal to the cost of the needed video card alone on PC I figured better to go the X route for next year or so when video cards able to do quality 4k come down in price.

    Plus there is some hope Msoft will release a VR platform for the X (it's powerful enough) at some point and Pcars would hopefully support it. Given that any VR platform for the X would likely be PC compatible also you are not wasting your money by buying it if you decide to move to PC (unlike the PS4 VR rig). Meanwhile PS4 has VR (not sure if Pcars supports it) but it sucks as the PS4 PRO I don't believe has the power to do quality VR so Sony created an inferior result. From what I've seen of it is too low res to not be irritating to use. VR seems to be one of those things that if you do it, you better do it right or not at all and seems like the X is the only current console you can hope will be able to handle it. Other than that you have to move to a PC.

    Anyways, game looks great as is but at 4k it's stellar (see youtube vids of 4k Pcars2) so to me it's worth the $500 even if in a year I move to PC.

  6. #6
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Near Washington DC
    Posts
    114
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I’ve not decided yet. Go PC or go Xbox x. Since Forza seems to be going down hill, I stopped playing halo - not a whole lot holding me to platform- if I go PC then other sims open up. If it can handle PCARS 2 or offer VR. I might consider it - but at this stage I’m pretty leary: and I will have to know it’s all good before getting

  7. #7
    Moderator Aldo Zampatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ushuaia, Argentina - Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    1,796
    Platform
    PC
    Is a matter of money, on PC you'll spend quite a lot of money, compared. Both will have pro's and cons
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  8. #8
    Superkart Pilot Rockefelluh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California, U.S.
    Posts
    543
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by PervasiveFall8 View Post
    I’ve not decided yet. Go PC or go Xbox x. Since Forza seems to be going down hill, I stopped playing halo - not a whole lot holding me to platform- if I go PC then other sims open up. If it can handle PCARS 2 or offer VR. I might consider it - but at this stage I’m pretty leary: and I will have to know it’s all good before getting
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    Is a matter of money, on PC you'll spend quite a lot of money, compared. Both will have pro's and cons
    Yup. If you want the best experience on this game you go PC. But I enjoy the plug and play nature of consoles, easy to setup, good media center. While I would love a dedicated high end PC, just doesn't make sense for me. So I get to watch with googly eyes when I see PC 4k videos.

  9. #9
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Salford
    Posts
    128
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Might be a silly question but............If I did buy an xbox one x would a get to download pcars 2 for free as I already have the xbox one version? Its not like its a different format or a huge difference like the 360 to the one was.......
    Last edited by TKMSte66; 04-10-2017 at 11:00.

  10. #10
    Superkart Pilot weerufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ayrshire, Scotland
    Posts
    101
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by TKMSte66 View Post
    Might be a silly question but............If I did buy an xbox one x would a get to download pcars 2 for free as I already have the xbox one version? Its not like its a different format or a huge difference like the 360 to the one was.......
    I'm sure i read you can as ill be in the same boat, certainly could with physical disc so don't see why any different, don't know if you would have to delete off old console 1st as obviously with physical disc you can play on different consoles, but not at the same time.

Similar Threads

  1. Project Cars 2 New GT3 Series (Xbox)
    By STaLLiOnO in forum Project CARS 2 on XBOX One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-09-2017, 21:30
  2. Project cars 2 for xbox 1 Pre order NOW
    By dault3883 in forum Project CARS 2 on XBOX One
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13-06-2017, 19:35
  3. Project cars will not load on Xbox one.
    By Super Spurs1882 in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2016, 10:34
  4. AWSOME RACE WITH GT3 CARS ON PROJECT CARS, XBOX ONE
    By bigdaddyx2005 in forum The Driver Network - Screenshots & Videos
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 07:04
  5. Project Cars Xbox One.
    By DOA Jambo in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-05-2015, 10:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •