Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: RS Dash (pCars Dash successor) - companion telemetry app

Platform
    PC
    For the RS Dash beta testers, 2.0c beta is now live on Android and will be live on iOS in the next day or so. It introduces a long overdue feature of fuel usage customisations for timed races, so the range section which previously only indicated number of laps that could be completed before running out of fuel will switch to a time metric, ie how long you can drive at the last/avg consumption rate before you will run out of fuel when you are in any time based session.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash
    The following 2 users likes this Post: rillo7105, SpinnPaget

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Have just installed the windows version of RSDash on my PCP. It looks great. What^s disturbing me is, that the app is only in full screen available and a minimizing to taskbar is not possible when I`m in the application. If I would like to move RSDash on to my second monitor, I have to do that very quickly whilst the app is starting. If the app is ready for use, a moving to my second monitor is not possible anymore. Or can I handle this issue with a key command? Can somebody tell me how I can enable the windowed mode for this application?

Would be great to get help from yourside therefor. many thanks.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by thydney1970 View Post
    Have just installed the windows version of RSDash on my PCP. It looks great. What^s disturbing me is, that the app is only in full screen available and a minimizing to taskbar is not possible when I`m in the application. If I would like to move RSDash on to my second monitor, I have to do that very quickly whilst the app is starting. If the app is ready for use, a moving to my second monitor is not possible anymore. Or can I handle this issue with a key command? Can somebody tell me how I can enable the windowed mode for this application?

Would be great to get help from yourside therefor. many thanks.
    Just logout from the interfaces screen and it will switch back to windowed mode so you can move it to which ever screen you want it on. Windows should then remember which screen you last had it open on so that next time is starts on the same screen it was previously on.

You will also have the option on the login page to select whether it launches in full screen or not once logged in.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Got it and It's working now in windowed mode. Another question is, is there somewhere a manual existing ? What I also haven't found out is, how I can choose a specific lap for detailed analysis and and how I can add additional/other channels for specific analyze (b.e. ride heat, suspension travel, tyrepressure etc.). Would be nice to get some additional infos and maybe a list of all required key commands for the full use of the windows app. Thank you very much.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by thydney1970 View Post
    Got it and It's working now in windowed mode. Another question is, is there somewhere a manual existing ? What I also haven't found out is, how I can choose a specific lap for detailed analysis and and how I can add additional/other channels for specific analyze (b.e. ride heat, suspension travel, tyrepressure etc.). Would be nice to get some additional infos and maybe a list of all required key commands for the full use of the windows app. Thank you very much.
    The app itself provides real time analysis only, the only post analysis options are through the RS Cloud portal (which is currently in beta, but you can create a login to check it out if you like). Post analysis in the portal is limited in granularity, there is no detailed per second per lap sort of telemetry stored currently, but it may be something added in the future as a premium option due to the large amount of data storage required for that level of information.

The setup instructions for the app can be found here https://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash-support, click the link for the game you want to link with.

An overview of each of the telemetry pages can be found here https://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash

The windows version supports right clicking the mouse to toggle sub page layouts (instead of swiping as you would on an Android/iOS device, although swiping is also supported). The key mappings to change pages etc can be bound to any key in the windows version, just press the key you want when assigning a mapping in the app. Everything else is pretty much the same on all platforms.

Platform
    PS4
    I not sure if been asked.... I purchased on ios, can i use that purchase to run on windows? Or is another licence required?

I am editing this... I read and found out no you cannot use the licences.
    Last edited by HzzrdsFnst15; 23-01-2018 at 20:16.
    PSN - HzzrdsFnst15

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by HzzrdsFnst15 View Post
    I not sure if been asked.... I purchased on ios, can i use that purchase to run on windows? Or is another licence required?

I am editing this... I read and found out no you cannot use the licences.
    Yeah unfortunately not as Apple and Google do not allow their app licenses to be shared with other platforms as it would mean one of them would miss out on their cut of the sale.

WMD Member
    Loving your app, it's essential for me now and the cloud integration is just fantastic.

One big question though....seeing as your holding all this data including session type ie time trial, courses and cars, would be able to show a cross platform time trial leader board for the best times per user created through Rd dash?

That would be amazing

Platform
    PC
    that does not make sense as long not every user owns this app and not every owner has it always on.
    That data would not reflect the whole comunity.
    System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    that does not make sense as long not every user owns this app and not every owner has it always on.
    That data would not reflect the whole comunity.
    It doesn't need to reflect the whole community, people can set up challenges with groups of friends cross platform who would in turn buy the app.

Any sort of cross platform TT leaderboard would be great and better than what we have now, I think it would sell more copies as people are crying out for this feature and the author is half way there as he's capturing this data of those that currently have the app.

Just an idea that I think has potential
    The following 3 users likes this Post: JohnSchoonsBeard, Nada, Purg