Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RS Dash (pCars Dash successor) - companion telemetry app

Platform
    PC

RS Dash (pCars Dash successor) - companion telemetry app

Based on the "pCars Dash" telemetry app for Project Cars 1, RS Dash builds on that popular app to add support for Project Cars 2 and other racing sims.

Please note, this app is not free, in-app purchases are required to activate each racing game interface depending on which of these racing simulators you own.

RS Dash features real-time vehicle telemetry of crucial vehicle data. Designed by a race car driver for race car drivers it includes graphing of rpm, speed, gear, throttle and brake position per lap and a lap chart system including sector by sector breakdown.

Get the advantage over your opposition by knowing exactly whats going on with your car at all times. Every litre of fuel adds extra weight and costs you time, not sure how much fuel you need for a race? RS Dash provides live fuel usage statistics so you can see exactly how many liters you need to put in your tank for each racing lap.

Want more? There is also a HUD and one of the most important things, a dedicated race page showing you critical fuel, tire (wear/temps), brake (temps), damage and lap timing, a must have for any racer.

This app works with both the Windows PC and Console (PS4/XBox1) versions of Project Cars 2.

Important Note regarding pCars Dash for Project Cars 1
    Project Cars 2 has an option to output telemetry in the same format as PCARS1 which means that you will be able to use pCars Dash with PCARS2 if you already own that app, but this will be limited to only have the same features (and tracks) that existed for PCARS1, it is also unsupported as such if there are issues using it to link with PCARS2. RS Dash is our official telemetry app for Project Cars 2 and the new features that are coming with the new Project Cars 2 telemetry api (once it has been completed) will only be added to RS Dash.

Details can be found on the Pocket Playground website.

If you are experiencing any problems with the app or are looking for setup instructions, please refer to the Pocket Playground support page which has a setup guide and numerous tips for resolving common issues. A selection of common troubleshooting tips are below, see the support page for the complete list.

Common Project Cars interface Troubleshooting Tips
    - Do NOT have Jumbo Frames / Jumbo Packets enabled on your PC's network adaptor as this may cause a loss of telemetry in Multiplayer sessions or single player sessions with a reasonable number of opponents. The symptoms for this would be that the app works flawlessly when playing single player with no AI, but you lose telemetry when playing single or multiplayer sessions with a reasonable number of opponents. If you are unsure whether or not Jumbo Frames have been enabled, an article such as this explains how to enable it so can therefore also be used as a basis for how to check and disable it if required. The reason why jumbo frames usually does not work is that the hardware between your PC and the tablet/phone device you are using does not support it. For example a number of Wifi routers / access points do not support this feature and will therefore cut off the transmission once Jumbo Frames are sent from the PC (which occurs once you have a certain number of human or AI opponents in game as the amount of telemetry data that needs to be transmitted increases).

- (PC via SHARED MEMORY) A number of Android devices experience issues with the telemetry data stopping during use, or starting and stopping intermittently. If you are experiencing this problem, please turn OFF the "Use Broadcast Mode" flag in the RS Transmitter. You must then make sure that the IP address you have entered in the IP Address field in the RS Transmitter matches the IP address shown when you first start the RS Dash app and select the Project Cars 2 interface.

- (Direct Mode UDP for PC/Consoles) A number of Android devices and routers may have issues receiving the telemetry due to the use of global broadcasts by Project CARS 2 to send its telemetry. There is a list of known devices with issues here

RS Dash has a setting called "Compatibility Mode" which can make some devices listed below work that wouldn't previously work, it can also help eliminate lag if you are seeing delays in your telemetry feed.

It is hoped that Slightly Mad Studios will add support for sending UDP telemetry to a specific IP address rather than the global broadcast address which will resolve the aforementioned issues relating to a small number of Android devices and a small number of routers.
    Last edited by cjorgens79; 19-11-2017 at 08:17.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Platform
    PC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	timing_small.jpg 
Views:	2473 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	241836 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	timing2_small.jpg 
Views:	2462 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	241837 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vehicle_small.jpg 
Views:	2473 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	241838

Name:	race_small.jpg 
Views:	2465 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	241834 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	race2_small.jpg 
Views:	2459 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	241835 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	litehud_small.jpg 
Views:	2453 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	241830

Name:	litehud3_small.jpg 
Views:	2450 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	241832 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	litehud2_small.jpg 
Views:	2450 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	241829 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graph_small.jpg 
Views:	1544 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	245453

Name:	map_small.jpg 
Views:	2465 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	241828 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map2_small.jpg 
Views:	2443 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	241833
    Last edited by cjorgens79; 19-11-2017 at 08:17.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks looks awesome, ill get this once you can confirm i can use project cars 2 data, as i have other apps that use it already. cant believe this awesome software was made here in Perth! well done.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cjorgens79, senna94f1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've been using pCars Dash for a while now and it is brilliant. I'll have to get RS Dash if that is the supported version for pCars 2 now.

Thanks for a great add-on!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cjorgens79, Fiyah

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Have you thought about creating an output for it that runs in a window on the gaming PC itself, so we can use an overlay program to display it in the VR headsets such as Vive? Maybe we could map a button to display it in Vive headset when we need to see it and remove it when we dont.

BTW I love how you can map buttons on your wheel to scroll through the different views in the current software btw!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Brado23 View Post
    Have you thought about creating an output for it that runs in a window on the gaming PC itself, so we can use an overlay program to display it in the VR headsets such as Vive? Maybe we could map a button to display it in Vive headset when we need to see it and remove it when we dont.

BTW I love how you can map buttons on your wheel to scroll through the different views in the current software btw!
    Do you mean in a different layout to how the pCars Dash PC version already does it (which is the same as the mobile versions)? or did you have something else in mind?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Oh, I didn't even know there was a PC version currently. Thought it was only android and iPad. That may do the job, but from what I could see you only have one for pCars 1 and not RS Dash. Is that right? If so, do you have a RS Dash version on the way for pCars 2?

Thanks.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Brado23 View Post
    Oh, I didn't even know there was a PC version currently. Thought it was only android and iPad. That may do the job, but from what I could see you only have one for pCars 1 and not RS Dash. Is that right? If so, do you have a RS Dash version on the way for pCars 2?

Thanks.
    Its mostly finished, the only thing really stopping me from making it available at the moment is that i have to sort out the licensing side of it.
    The following user likes this Post: Brado23

Platform
    PC
    Good news for PS4 users, patch v2.0 was released today which means UDP telemetry is now available if you want to use companion apps like RS Dash.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: BreadedVirus, Chawabax, JohnSchoonsBeard, satco1066, senna94f1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I tested RS dash for iOS with f1 2017 and liked it pretty much so im thinking about using it on my rig for pc2 little more intensely.

As Im planning to add several displays to my rig its pretty likely those will be androids - simply because theyre cheaper than iPads and my wife might declare war if I occupied our family-iPad permanently so there are a few points in my planning you could clarify.

Will I be able to use my iOS purchases on android later? Apple ID and google account use the same email address.

Can I use one purchased license on lets say 3 tablets simultaneously? (same account, optimizing information from different windows)

Any plans for a windows app too? And does it require a separate device or could it run on the gaming pc on second screen?

Thanks in advance for your help