Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: RS Dash (pCars Dash successor) - companion telemetry app

Platform
    PC
    BT SmartHub / Superhub Troubleshooting

A big thanks to Peter for providing this information for the BT/Virgin Media routers

"I finally managed to get RSDash working with BT Smarthub 6. *The approach also work with Virgin Media’s Superhub 3.0. *It’s really simple and doesn’t require port forwarding. All you have to do is set the PS4 with a static IP address which requires a manual network setup and then put that IP address as a DMZ on the router.*

So for*manual setup on PS4*you select your IP address within your routers IP range:

BT is 192.168.1.nnn
    Virgin is 192.168.0.nnn

So select your IP address (making sure it’s not already assigned)
    Eg 192.168.1.64
    Subnet 255.255.255.0

Gateway and Primary DNS as per previous settings for BT both 192.168.1.254

On the BT router go to advanced settings >> Firewall >> Port Forwarding >> Configuration

Set DMZ to on and select the PS4 by IP address and save setting.

Similar menu options on Virginmedia.*

I’d restart the router and PS4 then you’re good to go.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdo View Post
    Hi cjorgens79,

I installed your app a couple of days back before I had some friends over for a local 'hotseat' type racing night in VR. Everyone would have a go at the different cars to see who could run the quickest lap. I used the windows version of RSDash on a second TV to display the laptime/sector screen, it was fantastic to be able to see the results in realtime on a big screen as people raced. The more I saw of the app, the more I'm impressed. Excellent stuff. It was a blast racing, and the telemetry on the 2nd screen was really interesting to check out as people drove.

I ran into a small usability issue though, wondering if anyone has any tips - I'd like to be able to use the keyboard to switch through the various screens while others are racing on the wheel/pedal setup. However, I can only get the keyboard shortcuts/hotkeys to work when I have RS Dash as the active window... which of course interrupts the person racing, as PCars 2 in windowed mode basically pauses when you switch RS Dash to the active window. However, if I map the hotkey to cycle to the next screen to a button on the wheel, it works to switch RS Dash screens during gameplay with no interruption. That's not terribly useful though, as it breaks the persons concentration if you ask them to cycle screens (they are in VR...)

Any suggestions on how to set this up so that I can cycle through the telemetry screens using the keyboard without having to make the RS Dash the active window, and interrupting the person racing?

One suggestion for a possible addition - I'd love to have the option to display lap number and laptime in a table on the map screen (not sector times, unlikely to be enough screen real estate). Would make it easier for spectators to get familiar with the shape of a new track before jumping in, all while still being able to see the current and previous completed laptimes for a session. Of course this would be for a time trial type scenario.

Thanks!
    Hey,

You should be able to bind any keys on the keyboard to RS Dash and have it work. Did you do the keyboard mapping while in game, or just with RS Dash running on its own? I've done this before and not had any issues.

Your idea of showing lap/laptimes on the map screen instead of a leaderboard for time trial seems like a good one to me. I will add it to the dev list.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Sorry to disappoint. This worked fine for 3 hours but then I restarted my PS4 and it no longer works.

I’m still baffled. Works fine on Virgin.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    Sorry to disappoint. This worked fine for 3 hours but then I restarted my PS4 and it no longer works.

I’m still baffled. Works fine on Virgin.
    Please check that your PS4 is on NAT2, and make sure that they are on the same network (the first three numbers of the IP address will be the same, eg 192.168.100.xx where xx is different between your PS4 and mobile device).

Not sure what you are referring to with "works fine on virgin"

Platform
    PC
    Curiosity question, using your app in vr and i can "pin" the app window which scales perfectly when I use VR to resize your app window. Is this by design or luck as i notice a lot of other apps do not fill the vr "window" and only fill a small portion and as such cant be scaled properly in the vr "pin" window
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Curiosity question, using your app in vr and i can "pin" the app window which scales perfectly when I use VR to resize your app window. Is this by design or luck as i notice a lot of other apps do not fill the vr "window" and only fill a small portion and as such cant be scaled properly in the vr "pin" window
    It is by design, but not specifically for VR. I can only assume it works nicely in VR because I built it to be fully resizeable when its in windowed mode and you drag the frame to resize. I suspect thats all the VR system is doing under the hood.

Platform
    PC
    just had an update on the app?
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    just had an update on the app?
    yep, the main changes are
    - time based fuel usage information on the race page
    - some updated and new track maps
    - improvements for the data sync to RS Dash
    - RS Cloud sector times for the players fastest lap were wrong, it was using theoretical best sector times instead of actual sector times from the best lap
    - RS Cloud MP race results from PCARS2 have been significantly improved, ive managed to work around 99.9% of the telemetry issues that occured when players left the session early (especially at the end but before all players had finished) which were causing problems with the results accuracy.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    CJ
    With the latest update the real time clock if you have it set to on, is sat on top of the session label on the race page

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    CJ
    With the latest update the real time clock if you have it set to on, is sat on top of the session label on the race page
    Oops, sorry about that. I had completely forgotten about that feature. I'll get it sorted out.