Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: RS Dash (pCars Dash successor) - companion telemetry app

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cb_racer View Post
    Hi,

i bought the RS Dash and I'm trying to run it on my laptop using wifi. I use PC2 on a wired PS4.

The RS Dash screen stops at "waiting for PC2 session to start"

My router is a TP-Link Archer C7.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Sorry for the slow reply, for some reason I've stopped getting email notifications for new messages from the forum again

Did you get your issue sorted? If not email me at support@pocketplayground.net with the details of your network settings (IP address of PS4 and RS Dash device) and I can advise further. I am assuming you have already followed the PC2 setup instructions on our website? You should also make sure your PS4 is set to use NAT2.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    hi cjorgens79,

Big fan of your previous pCars app so will get latest one.
    Question: can I purchase it for Windows 10 but use it with my Xbox one x? I’m assuming the answer is yes but could you confirm?

Many thanks and apologies if this has already been covered.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza1976 View Post
    hi cjorgens79,

Big fan of your previous pCars app so will get latest one.
    Question: can I purchase it for Windows 10 but use it with my Xbox one x? I’m assuming the answer is yes but could you confirm?

Many thanks and apologies if this has already been covered.
    Yep that's fine, both the RS Dash and pCars Dash apps (iOS/Android/PC) can all be used with any of the PCARS2 gaming platforms (PC,XB1,PS4).

The app licenses themselves though are platform specific, ie if you buy RS Dash for Windows, you cant then install RS Dash on an iOS device and use the same licenses as Apple and Googles terms of service prohibit this, a license must be purchased through their respective app stores to be used on their platforms.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Platform
    PS4
    Hi still love your app its amazing although I'm experiencing some missing sessions since the last portal update. Missing all my sessions from the last couple of days, also how do you prompt a search typed "Monza" pressed enter and didn't search the data?

Did my best race yesterday 17 laps of Monza within a second wanted to post online but cannot find the data.

Keep up the great work.
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb_84 View Post
    Hi still love your app its amazing although I'm experiencing some missing sessions since the last portal update. Missing all my sessions from the last couple of days, also how do you prompt a search typed "Monza" pressed enter and didn't search the data?

Did my best race yesterday 17 laps of Monza within a second wanted to post online but cannot find the data.

Keep up the great work.
    Hey, unfortunately since migrating the underlying web platform to a much newer platform there have been some unexpected teething issues that are affecting a small number of people and preventing their sessions from being saved in the cloud intermittently. The new platform is returning different http status codes in some conditions compared to what the old one did which is having an adverse affect on RS Dash's ability to reliably confirm the session has been saved online. I am currently working on it and am hoping to have a patch in place tonight to hopefully resolve the problem. Apologies for the inconvenience this issue is causing, its been proving rather difficult to track down.

Platform
    PC
    Good news, I believe I have tracked down the underlying cause of the issues we've been experiencing with the new portal. I've just now patched the server so hopefully we wont have any further repeats of the missing session issues. In certain error conditions, there may be a delay in the session being uploaded, but there shouldn't be anyway for it to be removed from RS Dash without it being successfully written (assuming the data from RS Dash is valid). In the event its not for some reason, the data will still be recorded in a separate table so I can review and resolve it.
    The following user likes this Post: jimmyb_84

Platform
    PS4
    Thank for the update I shall try it later and report back, great service as always
    YouTube Channel
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cjorgens79 View Post
    Good news, I believe I have tracked down the underlying cause of the issues we've been experiencing with the new portal. I've just now patched the server so hopefully we wont have any further repeats of the missing session issues. In certain error conditions, there may be a delay in the session being uploaded, but there shouldn't be anyway for it to be removed from RS Dash without it being successfully written (assuming the data from RS Dash is valid). In the event its not for some reason, the data will still be recorded in a separate table so I can review and resolve it.
    all fixed even my missing sessions have appeared absolute legend! here are my 17 laps I was looking for Porsche GT3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monza17.PNG 
Views:	95 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	254119
    YouTube Channel

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb_84 View Post
    all fixed even my missing sessions have appeared absolute legend! here are my 17 laps I was looking for Porsche GT3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monza17.PNG 
Views:	95 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	254119
    Glad to hear it Nice consistency on your laps there

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi cjorgens79,

I installed your app a couple of days back before I had some friends over for a local 'hotseat' type racing night in VR. Everyone would have a go at the different cars to see who could run the quickest lap. I used the windows version of RSDash on a second TV to display the laptime/sector screen, it was fantastic to be able to see the results in realtime on a big screen as people raced. The more I saw of the app, the more I'm impressed. Excellent stuff. It was a blast racing, and the telemetry on the 2nd screen was really interesting to check out as people drove.

I ran into a small usability issue though, wondering if anyone has any tips - I'd like to be able to use the keyboard to switch through the various screens while others are racing on the wheel/pedal setup. However, I can only get the keyboard shortcuts/hotkeys to work when I have RS Dash as the active window... which of course interrupts the person racing, as PCars 2 in windowed mode basically pauses when you switch RS Dash to the active window. However, if I map the hotkey to cycle to the next screen to a button on the wheel, it works to switch RS Dash screens during gameplay with no interruption. That's not terribly useful though, as it breaks the persons concentration if you ask them to cycle screens (they are in VR...)

Any suggestions on how to set this up so that I can cycle through the telemetry screens using the keyboard without having to make the RS Dash the active window, and interrupting the person racing?

One suggestion for a possible addition - I'd love to have the option to display lap number and laptime in a table on the map screen (not sector times, unlikely to be enough screen real estate). Would make it easier for spectators to get familiar with the shape of a new track before jumping in, all while still being able to see the current and previous completed laptimes for a session. Of course this would be for a time trial type scenario.

Thanks!