Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: RS Dash (pCars Dash successor) - companion telemetry app

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    ^^ That is very good news!
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 54, Xbox One X since Aug -18, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Amazing news!!!
    |CPU: 7740X @ 5.0GHz (1.240 v) |Mobo: Asus X299 Prime Deluxe |GPU: EVGA GTX-1080 FTW @ 2139/5600 MHz |RAM: G.Skill Flare-X (B-Die) @ 3666 MHz C14 |PSU: Corsair HX850 |HD's: Intel 520 120Gb (W10) & Samsung EVO 850 500Gb |CASE: Thermaltake X71 |Monitor: Dell S2716DG @ 2560x1440p |Peripherals: Logitech G25 & Saitek x52 Pro Hotas |Pumps: MCP355 x2 |Radiators: MCR320 x2 (GPU)/MCR220 x2 (CPU) |VR: Oculus Rift

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi all,
    has anybody a SMC WLAN-rooter? --> Type: SMCWGBR14-N
    I have a mass of problem with RS-Dash.

I'm playing project cars 2 at my Playstation 4.
    RS-Dash is running at my iPhone 6.

The Playstation is connected via LAN-cable with the rooter.
    iPhone is connected via WLAN with the rooter.

If I start a race (training-quali-race) the app works fine. Every data will be transferred to the online-side.
    But the app will be freeze at the 2nd race. Approx 1h later. I can close the app and start again...but don't work anymore.
    I have tried UDP 1-5 at the PS4-specification.
    At the app I have tried "legacy net code"....has no effect.
    I have de- and installed the app...has no effect.
    I have checked my rooter, if there is something with UDP (as on the website from rs-dash is mentioned)....there is no similar specification which I can configure at my rooter.

So I have bought the LAN-cable and the app ..... 20 Euros for no working system?
    I'm not happy and satisfied.

Is there anybody who has a recommendation for me that I can work longer then 1h with the app?

Thanks in advance

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sveniboy70 View Post
    Hi all,
    has anybody a SMC WLAN-rooter? --> Type: SMCWGBR14-N
    I have a mass of problem with RS-Dash.

I'm playing project cars 2 at my Playstation 4.
    RS-Dash is running at my iPhone 6.

The Playstation is connected via LAN-cable with the rooter.
    iPhone is connected via WLAN with the rooter.

If I start a race (training-quali-race) the app works fine. Every data will be transferred to the online-side.
    But the app will be freeze at the 2nd race. Approx 1h later. I can close the app and start again...but don't work anymore.
    I have tried UDP 1-5 at the PS4-specification.
    At the app I have tried "legacy net code"....has no effect.
    I have de- and installed the app...has no effect.
    I have checked my rooter, if there is something with UDP (as on the website from rs-dash is mentioned)....there is no similar specification which I can configure at my rooter.

So I have bought the LAN-cable and the app ..... 20 Euros for no working system?
    I'm not happy and satisfied.

Is there anybody who has a recommendation for me that I can work longer then 1h with the app?

Thanks in advance
    At a guess it sounds like the wifi might be disconnecting after an hour of use, it may be a power saving thing as it may not be considering the telemetry traffic valid since its sent to a global broadcast address so technically it could be for anyone. There is an option in RS Dash called "UDP KeepAlive", you could try and turn that on and see if that helps. That will cause the app to send out a ping on the network periodically on an alternate port which may be enough to keep it active.

Next time it stops (assume the above doesn't help), try browse the internet immediately on the device and see if it will do it or whether it comes up as offline.

You could also (at your own risk) check that you have the latest firmware on your router, manufacturers often release updated firmware to fix issues.

If none of the above help, the next thing to do would be to try a different device and see if the problem occurs on that too (in which case it would appear to be a router issue), or if it works fine then it would appear to be related to your original device. If it appears to be a router issue then you would need to contact your router manufacturer and ask them to advise on your problem. Just tell them that wireless mobile device clients stop receiving UDP data that is broadcast to address 255.255.255.255 from your LAN connected PS4 after about an hour, they might be able to recommend some settings to change.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    My concern meanwhile is that my router is eventually to slow at WLAN.

I have tested the speed (iPhone) of my connection:
    download -> 22,8 Mbit/s
    upload --> 1,6 Mbit/s

What do you think?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sveniboy70 View Post

I have tested the speed (iPhone) of my connection:
    download -> 22,8 Mbit/s
    upload --> 1,6 Mbit/s

What do you think?
    The speed you have tested is your internet speed, that has no bearing at all on the telemetry feed as its all internal network traffic. The internet connection test I mentioned was just as a way to determine if the iPhone was still connected via wifi to the router, however thinking about it now it occurs to me that it is a phone so it would just reroute via the phones 3g/4g connection instead, so I guess the only way to check would be to see if it is still showing as connected to wifi on the phone.

I'm not sure what you mean by this statement
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello Cjorgens79 do you think it would be possible to create RS dasch for Assetto corsa competitione.

Platform
    PC
    currently the data from ACC is very basic. I think he will add it if the they advance .
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

Platform
    PC
    From what I can tell there is no new telemetry system for ACC, apparently it is just the same as AC. So the PC version should be able to be used with RS Dash (AC interface) but the console version is still not supported as the telemetry for consoles is far too basic.

On an interface related note, after a number of requests from users who play Forza Motorsport 7 I am adding an interface for that in the next RS Dash version. It wont be as fully featured as the PCARS or F1 games as their protocol is somewhat limited, but there is enough there for some level of support in RS Dash and considering they appear to be actively improving it then the more advanced features will likely come later.
    The following user likes this Post: transfix

Platform
    PC
    Is there any word on using pc2 protocol for udp yet did sms fix things so you can use it ?
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ