Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: RS Dash (pCars Dash successor) - companion telemetry app

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fili92 View Post
    Probably was the old dash app, anyway I solved it by restarting the ipad.

Another question, I did a 1 hour race with the app open, but on the site I find 2 race reports. One with the first 14 laps (the one called 1hr race) and the other with the remaining 21 laps.
    Why doesn't the app make a single report?Attachment 268785
    It should be a single session. I suspect you've had a bit of a serious wifi congestion or dropout issue which has triggered a session reset. Excessive UDP out of order packets could probably cause this. Keep an eye on it and see if it continues to happen for you or not. If so, shoot through an email to support@pocketplayground.net.

The only other thing I could think of is that something unusual happened mid race, if it was a single player race then perhaps something like replay was used mid race? Can you recall anything happening (replay, extended pause etc) during the race around that lap?
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjorgens79 View Post
    It should be a single session. I suspect you've had a bit of a serious wifi congestion or dropout issue which has triggered a session reset. Excessive UDP out of order packets could probably cause this. Keep an eye on it and see if it continues to happen for you or not. If so, shoot through an email to support@pocketplayground.net.

The only other thing I could think of is that something unusual happened mid race, if it was a single player race then perhaps something like replay was used mid race? Can you recall anything happening (replay, extended pause etc) during the race around that lap?
    Ok, if the problem arises again I will update you by e-mail.
    It was an offline career race. As for the congested wifi it sounds difficult to me because I'm alone at home with only consoles and ipads connected and turned on at that time.
    I didn't use the replay, but I paused for about 2 minutes, the time to drink water, was this the cause? However excellent app, congratulations! I can't play without it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fili92 View Post
    Ok, if the problem arises again I will update you by e-mail.
    It was an offline career race. As for the congested wifi it sounds difficult to me because I'm alone at home with only consoles and ipads connected and turned on at that time.
    I didn't use the replay, but I paused for about 2 minutes, the time to drink water, was this the cause? However excellent app, congratulations! I can't play without it.
    Yeah its possible that was the cause, i will have a look into it. While paused the game stops outputting telemetry so the app would think you have finished and would have pushed the session out to the cloud. It should have continued when the telemetry resumed (assuming it resumed exactly how it left off), but perhaps something is not working quite right in that regard.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash
    The following user likes this Post: Fili92

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hope you can help, I was using rs dash on iphone and ipad simultaneously with my xbox flawlessly. Now I'm using a PC, I can't connect normally for some reason (tried disabling firewall and using ip filter, do you have any other suggestions?) so now I use RS Transmitter but I can't figure out how to use two IP's, is this possible? any help much appreciated!

Platform
    PC
    use Broadcast mode

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rstrans.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	269162
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you for the swift reply, unfortunately I tried that but nothing at all connects if I select that. If I run single IP it works flawlessly. My pc is on a wired connection and my tablet/iPhone are on WiFi, do you think that’s what causes the problem?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shu_Hut_Yah_Muh View Post
    Thank you for the swift reply, unfortunately I tried that but nothing at all connects if I select that. If I run single IP it works flawlessly. My pc is on a wired connection and my tablet/iPhone are on WiFi, do you think that’s what causes the problem?
    Could you please tell me what the IP addresses are of your iPad, iPhone and PC. Also what is the subnet mask set to on the PC for the network adapter which is on the same network as your iPhone/iPad?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah sure my iPad IP is 192.168.1.85 iPhone 192.168.1.149 and PC is 192.168.2.2, all devices are on the same network but cannot remember the subnet masks I’ll update you later when I’m home

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Shu_Hut_Yah_Muh View Post
    Yeah sure my iPad IP is 192.168.1.85 iPhone 192.168.1.149 and PC is 192.168.2.2, all devices are on the same network but cannot remember the subnet masks I’ll update you later when I’m home
    The iphone and ipad are on a different logical network to the PC All the devices need to be on either 192.168.1.xxx or 192.168.2.xxx, the final 3 digits can be any number from 1-254 they should also be on the same subnet unless you want to do some complicated routing through your router.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ah right makes sense, I’ll try this, thank you!