Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: RS Dash (pCars Dash successor) - companion telemetry app

Platform
    PC
    Since you said it worked if you used a direct IP, then you must have had a wider subnet that is standard. This just means that it needs a custom broadcast IP address (as RS Transmitter uses a subnet broadcast instead of a global broadcast as it works a little better in general compatibility wise). Let me know what subnet you are using and I will tell you what the subnet broadcast should be, alternatively just try put in the global broadcast address of 255.255.255.255 (broadcast mode OFF) in RS Transmitter and see if that works
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you very much for the prompt assistance! I resolved it by setting the IP address of the pc to 192.168.1.* then they both worked without the need for rs transmitter. Once again, thank you!

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Hello everyone,

I have a question about RS Dash app. I use the app on my PS4. But unfortunately
    I can not start the app offline on my tablet. The error is reported over and over
    again "Licensing Error. App could not be verified with goolge Play! Check out your internet connection"

If there is an internet connection everything works without problems.

According to pocketplayground, the app has to start and run without Internet connection. They believe that the license is not stored in the cache of the device.

Has anyone here an idea why this may be? What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance

Cologne
    Last edited by Cologne; 12-09-2019 at 17:18.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello cjorgens79 I hope you are fine, would it be possible to improve the base for assetto corsa competision to be able to have the fuel consumption and tire wear?

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hi everybody! I have a little lag problem and already contacted the developer who responded very quickly, but I think I could need some additional swarm help

I used to run RS Dash on an Ipad Mini (1) with Project Cars 2 on an XBox One X running smoothly. The XBox One is wired, the Ipad is connected via WiFi.

I now wanted to use an Iphone 5S as a dashboard in front of my wheel, but everything is quite laggy regardless of the UDP frequency. On rare occasions the data was shown correctly and fast, but just for one race. When testing I turned of all other devices (like the Ipad Mini), and also turned the phone and router on and off various times. What could be the problem?

Here's a summary of my setup, maybe it helps

Project Cars 2 on XBox One X (UDP frequency is 4, I also tried 1 but no difference)
    RS Dash on IPhone 5S (connected via WiFi)
    Router is a "Connect Box" from the provider Unitymedia Germany (the connection is DS Lite Ipv6)
    IP Flood control off

I thought maybe there was something with the ports, but normally my Xbox has the NAT status open, for example. And the IPad Mini is not nearly as powerful as the Iphone 5S in comparison. Regardless, the Iphone lags. Here's what I tried until now:

1. Turned Legacy Net Code on.
    2. Since Ipad Mini works smoothly, checked the Ghz frequency. Both are normally connected in the 5 Ghz band. Also tried to seperate SSIDs and check 2.4 and 5 Ghz. 2.4Ghz worked a little better, but still lags.
    3. Tried to open the port 9999 for the Iphone 5S, didn't make any difference.
    4. Reset network settings
    5. Installed RS Dash on my IPhone X, works smoothly as well.
    6. I tried another app named Dash Panel, same problem on the 5S.

So withouth doing anything special and just regular DHCP router settings the app runs smoothly on Ipad Mini and Iphone X, but not on the Iphone 5S.

I hope somebody reads this and had a similar problem. Thanks a lot!

Platform
    PC
    Firstly I'll apologise and admit I haven't used the search function, but I'm not sure exactly what to search for.

That said here is my problem.

I've been using PCars dash on PC1 and RSDash on PC2 for as long as I can remember on Windows 7 in UDP mode without any issues. I run it on 2 Android devices, a 5" nexus 5 as a speedo/gear indicator, and a 10" Huawei MediaPad T3 for damage, temps timers etc. Both are on the same 5GHz wireless connection to the router.
    The computer is using a wired connection to the same router.
    The IP addresses are as follows
    Computer 192.168.1.105
    Nexus 5 192.168.1.102
    Tablet 192.168.1.108

A recent GFX card upgrade prompted me to move to Windows 10 in order to get the benefits of DX12 in newer games etc.

RSDash in UDP mode continued to work fine, (haven't tried PCars Dash but assumed it was ok) but now for some reason it fails to work. Neither in UDP mode nor with the RS Transmitter in shared memory mode.

I have tried completely disabling any kind of software firewall (Windows Defender, Comodo Firewall) hardware firewall, dos protection on the router but that didn't work. so Ive tried creating firewall rules to allow all UDP traffic in/out.... which didn't work,tried changing the firewall rules for the game executable to be fully allowed in/out on all ports, but still I now get nothing from the app.

I'm at a loss as to why this should now stop working.
    All i now see in the app is 'waiting for Project CARS 2 session to start...'

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Win 10 Pro 64bit, Asus Z97 Pro Gamer MB , CPU I5 4690K@4.6GHz, RAM 16GB Corsair DDR3 2400Mhz, GPU Nvidia RTX 2060 Super
    Storage, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo plus NVMe M2 (system), 2 - Crucial MX100 512GB (Games), 2TB Seagate SATA HDD (files),
    Logitech G27 with 3D printed GT style wheel, Fanatec CSR Elite LC pedals

Platform
    PC
    Well, I'm now embarrased.

The ONLY thing I hadn't tried up till now was changing the phone and tablets connection to the router.

Switching both from the 5Ghz connection to the 2.5Ghz(?) has fixed it!!

I'm sure that in the past it was working fine on the 5Ghz but since things are 'back to normal' my problem is fixed.

My 'solution' may help somebody with a similar issue.

Thanks for reading
    Win 10 Pro 64bit, Asus Z97 Pro Gamer MB , CPU I5 4690K@4.6GHz, RAM 16GB Corsair DDR3 2400Mhz, GPU Nvidia RTX 2060 Super
    Storage, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo plus NVMe M2 (system), 2 - Crucial MX100 512GB (Games), 2TB Seagate SATA HDD (files),

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi, I have looked around the forum for an answer. No luck.
    Have been running RS Dash since it came out on my windows 7 pc, been great.
    On win 7 RS Transmitter ran at startup.
    Have upgraded tp win 10, clean install.
    RS Transmitter has to be manually started in win 10.
    I cannot find an option to run at windows startup.
    Any help on this would be welcome.

Platform
    PC
    On the transmitter program itself, there is a 'gear wheel' icon.
    Click that and pick the option to start transmitting as soon as it starts.

Then try dragging a shortcut to the transmitter to the windows 10 startup folder here
    C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

That should then force the transmitter to run and start as soon as you log in to windows, but if you have a different user log in it won't autostart.
    Disclaimer: I haven't tried this as I've only used it to fix the problem I was having (see above) and no longer have it installed.

UPDATE: After being curious, I re-installed and tried it....It works. You MUST manually configure it and start it manually at least once by clicking on the PC2 option, entering the IP address, click the gear wheel an selecting the 'auto start' option (close) then clicking Start Transmitter.

Once you've done that and copied the shortcut as above it will start when Windows does. You will get the app appear on the screen like you would if done manually
    Last edited by MrPeaski; 10-11-2019 at 11:32. Reason: Additional Info

Platform
    PC
    if your PC is dedicated to racing games, where you use RS-Dash every day, this makes sense. If you do other things too, its useless to start every tool you need ocassionally on windows start.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/