Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, what makes your SR go down?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gysepy View Post
    Going off track makes your SR drop?

So you run wide or maybe have to go wide to avoid a collision and you loose SR surely thats not correct?
    That's the challange for every safety rating that does a simple counting of events and does do not judge every situation. I would assume - although not having any inside information - that the effect of the different events on your safety rating is different. Then at the end it pays off to avoid the contact and just go off track ;-)

At least I would do that by simple adding a factor - my rating from highest effect to lowest would be.

- collisions with cars of course
    - trackside collisions
    - collisions with movable objects (cones, hay-bales etc)
    - going off track

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MerlinC View Post
    That's the challange for every safety rating that does a simple counting of events and does do not judge every situation. I would assume - although not having any inside information - that the effect of the different events on your safety rating is different. Then at the end it pays off to avoid the contact and just go off track ;-)

At least I would do that by simple adding a factor - my rating from highest effect to lowest would be.

- collisions with cars of course
    - trackside collisions
    - collisions with movable objects (cones, hay-bales etc)
    - going off track
    That's already the case...
    Same thing goes for the session your in :

- Race
    - Qualification
    - Practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aefuan View Post
    Yeah there's too many bugs on the game.

But I was talking about safety rating.
    This is not a bug by the way.
    aka Ironik

I7 7700K // ASUS PRIME Z270-A // 16Go DDR 4 // inno3d gtx1080 ti // OCZ agility 240Go // WD caviar Green 1To // Thrustmaster T300RS + Fanatec ClubSport pedals V3 // Oculus Rift CV1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So you tell us that practice session counts towards the SR?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchtastic View Post
    I have the same issue, my safety rating is stuck on E licence and I'm not advancing dispite getting 1 slowdown message in 10 to 11 race laps.
    In practice and qualifying I've not gotten any messages or warnings so far and all my laps have counted. So I'd love to know if there is an issue with the system or not.
    1. Do you enter races that have a set rank limit? Those that says ”off” dont add to safety rank or skillrank so you need to enter races that have set limit rank. Doesnt matter what rank.
    2. How many races have you driven clean? You need to atleast enter couple
    set limit ranked races. You rank slower and slower. Also consider you can drive shit one race and clean next to rank
    3. You are maybe not as clean as you think you are. Allways espect that maybe not all errors are displayed

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I 've found that having more players in the race really helps your rating.
    last night I was a D, and after a race with 12 other peeps I was up to a C, despite being shunted a couple of times and going off the track once.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah i also have problems when others crash in front of me and i have to go off track to avoid the crash and get minus points and have to go back into the place behind those idiots. or when i am in front and brake into the corner and the guy behind me doesn't brake in time and uses me as a brake and or has a bad setup and sees me to late breaking and crashes into my back... my rating goes down as well. NOT MY FAULT I SAY. can i save the reply and claim my points back. that would be so much work because it happens so often when you try to rank up.
    The following user likes this Post: CodeCmdr

Platform
    PS4
    Question: do you lose points for race director warnings? Eg minor paint swapping that didn't spin or significantly damage either car...

"To finish first, first you must finish!"
    That holds true whether you're getting hit from the back side, cars crashing in front whatever.
    Occasionally you'll get hit from behind unexpectedly. It's not rampant. The odd lovetap if you're in a tight pack but good drivers, it's certainly not race-ending.

You can spot erratic drivers. Take a different line to avoid them crashing you. If they pass you, well they'll probably spin out soon or crash the next person in front of you so you might gain 2 places instead of losing 3.

Think of the chequered flag, not just the next corner.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Platform
    PS4
    I'm also curious if car collisions always have the same penalty, regardless of impact force.

For example, at the Hockenheim hairpin, I once very lightly scraped a different driver who passed me in the inside, and I got a collision warning for that. But was that rated equally as when cars collide at 50+ km/h?

Platform
    PC
    There are quite a few factors involved with this system that can make it frustrating, i have taken 36 races to get to D after spending most of that time in E. I found it difficult to work out why some great results seem to do nothing but 1 bad race dropped me down to F after being punted of twice, i had all sorts of warnings from race director non of which were of my own doing.
    As has been mentioned its like this in iracing so its something impossible to implement 100% accurately so you just have to grin and bear it, you get involved in someone else's mess and you will get penalised.
    Last edited by Neil Bateman; 07-10-2017 at 06:29.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.90GHz Turbo | MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7 Intel Z97 | MEMORY: 16.00GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | GPU: 2 x MSI GTX970 4GB GAMING TWIN FROZER SLI | Primary Monitor: BenQ 27" XL2730Z 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) 144Hz | Secondry Monitor: HannsG HG216D" 22" 1680 x 1050 60Hz | Tablet: 9" Inch Quad Core Camera Android 4.4 16GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 650 W | Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 | Speakers: Dell MMS 5650 5.1 | OS Drive: 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO | Games Drive: Samsung 120GB 850 Evo SSD |Back Up Drive: 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (SATA) | External Storage: 1TB Western Digital WD Ext HDD | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit |Cockpit: GT Omega Pro Racing Simulator Professional - RS6 Seat | Wheel: Logitech G27 | Pedals: Thrustmaster T3PA PRO | Headset: Gamdias HEPHAESTUS GHS2000 | Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech MX3200 cordless. |

DX11 | 2560x1440 | POST PROCESSING FILTER: ON | LENS FLARE: ON | SUN FLARE EXT: FULL| SUN FLARE INT: FULL | BLOOM: ON | RAIN DROPS: ON | CREPSULAR RAYS: YES | SCREEN DIRT: YES | TEXT RES: HIGH | TEXT FILT: 16X | AA: DS2M | FXAA: HIGH | SMAA: OFF | REFLECTIONS:HIGH | ENVIRONMENT: HIGH | CAR: ULTRA | TRACK: ULTRA | SHADOW: ULTRA | M BLUR: LOW | RENDER FRAMES: 2 | GRASS: LOW | PARTICLE LEVEL: HIGH | PARTICLE DENSITY: HIGH | STRETCHED HEADLIGHTS: YES |
    The following user likes this Post: Fastback Fever

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gysepy View Post
    Going off track makes your SR drop?

So you run wide or maybe have to go wide to avoid a collision and you loose SR surely thats not correct?
    If you do that right after the start the game will give a drive through penalty (trust me i know ) , if you do it somewhere during a race i think will be added to your "negative " account ,IMHO this needs to be changed with the amount of 1st and 2nd corner pileups in nearly every race ,punishing drivers that do not want to add their car to the pile is just wrong!!.
    The following user likes this Post: m00lean