Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, what makes your SR go down?

Platform
    PC
    Hey,

I just lost 50 ranked points in private testing; it was not online race just the private testing session as I just wanted to try big setup changes....and I spun a lot and few times hit the wall.
    Of course race director deleted my laptimes.

I thought that you can lose points only in online sessions?
    Main Rig: CPU I7-7700 | GPU Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz | Win 10 Home 64bit | Playseat Evolution | Logitech G27 | Oculus Rift
    STEAM ID: VRöllipeikko

Platform
    PS4
    Look at your rating only in MP lobby. There's a UI glitch not showing your true rating in the offline/sp menu.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Look at your rating only in MP lobby. There's a UI glitch not showing your true rating in the offline/sp menu.
    Sadly my rating was the same in MP lobby too....I'm so gutted, losing points in private testing.
    Main Rig: CPU I7-7700 | GPU Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz | Win 10 Home 64bit | Playseat Evolution | Logitech G27 | Oculus Rift

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Marakusu View Post
    Sadly my rating was the same in MP lobby too....I'm so gutted, losing points in private testing.
    I spend most my time in testing. It doesn't effect my ratings

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    I spend most my time in testing. It doesn't effect my ratings
    Yeah me too....but it did change rating this one time.
    Usually when I test I don't spin or hit the wall or smash windshield, but this time it happened and I got lots of race director warnings.
    Before this private testing I had good three online races (two 2nd place finish and one 5th place) and my rating increased some 20 points.

Then I had 5-6 hour brake and rating was still ok when I started private testing. But after that it had dropped 50 points.

Platform
    PS4
    Don't know what happened there mate. I'm crashing and spinning constantly in PT. Director hates it
    Still my rating had bounced up and down a little in the beginning from U to F, E and back. Had some terrible races that destroyed my car and rating.
    It seems to have settled now.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Don't know what happened there mate. I'm crashing and spinning constantly in PT. Director hates it
    Still my rating had bounced up and down a little in the beginning from U to F, E and back. Had some terrible races that destroyed my car and rating.
    It seems to have settled now.
    I guess race director thought that I was DUI and decided to punish me
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    After a few weeks with the game and chatting with my club members we have drawn the following conclusions about the safety rating

- Passing other drivers cleanly is the quickest way to improve your rating. This might also extend to being passed cleanly but not sure.
    - Doing clean laps without passing anyone during a race has little or possibly no effect on your safety rating.

The second statement might read as a bit ludicrous but it's based on the following. I was an E rating. We had a 25 lap race where I was involved in 2 incidents, 1 fairly large resulting in having to pit for damage, during the race on 2 different laps which resulted in contact with other drivers. I done 23 laps cleanly on my own without going off track but done very little passing during those laps. At the end of the race I was U rated.

After that longer race I ran a series of 5 lap races with say one incident per race but lots of passing going on and made it back to an E rating.

I personally think they need to change the system to give more for doing clean laps as it feels horribly skewed towards short races with lots of passing atm.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I agree 100% they need to make some changes ASAP. It so far for me is a complete joke the way the rating is working now. I get wrecked and my rating goes down, I win a race with no incidents and it goes up 5 points WTF. So far this game is a complete let down for me. Multiplayer freezes constantly, and to get a race going takes freaking forever. Just trying to have fun but compared to Project Cars this game is really frustrating and not much fun, way too many bugs.
    The following user likes this Post: Cypher

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckman View Post
    I agree 100% they need to make some changes ASAP. It so far for me is a complete joke the way the rating is working now. I get wrecked and my rating goes down, I win a race with no incidents and it goes up 5 points WTF. So far this game is a complete let down for me. Multiplayer freezes constantly, and to get a race going takes freaking forever. Just trying to have fun but compared to Project Cars this game is really frustrating and not much fun, way too many bugs.
    Give it time and the MP rating will work itself out. If you're a bad driver, you'll get stuck with other bad drivers and will not be able to join higher ranked lobbies. If you continue to race clean, you'll get paired with clean drivers. Be careful on which lobbies you choose to join. Those who continue to ram and don't care about other players on the grid will not be able to participate in the higher ranked lobbies. Yes, I agree it's frustrating to lose points when you aren't the one causing accidents, but in the end it will weed out all of the over aggressive kids who can't drive properly.

I've had a few bad experiences in public MP lobbies, but overall I've had a blast and my wife is starting to hate me because I've been racing too much. Don't worry about points. Focus on your safety rating (try and get above U/F and you will find better races) and continue to race clean.
    Last edited by ctzn; 11-10-2017 at 14:27.
    RWB Racing | Steam: Wired247 | Flickr: Wired 24/7 (PCARS 2 Eye Candy)
    CPU: i7 4790k | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: ASUS GTX 970 | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Red
    Displays: LG 34" UltraWide + LG 29" UltraWide Monitors (stacked) | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Wheel: Logitech G29 | Rig: GT Omega Pro RS9 Cockpit | ButtKicker Gamer 2 | SimVibe
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300