Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So, what makes your SR go down?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    lol this thread is about safety rating and peeps keep going off on a rant about the driver rating

Top tip - ignore the driver rating. It's a construct of satan and will ruin the gaming experience for you. Safety rating is where it's at.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Daynja, hkraft300, NeonFlux

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    lol this thread is about safety rating and peeps keep going off on a rant about the driver rating

Top tip - ignore the driver rating. It's a construct of satan and will ruin the gaming experience for you. Safety rating is where it's at.
    Sorry, my last post meant to reference safety rating. Typo.
    RWB Racing | Steam: Wired247 | Flickr: Wired 24/7 (PCARS 2 Eye Candy)
    CPU: i7 4790k | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: ASUS GTX 970 | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Red
    Displays: LG 34" UltraWide + LG 29" UltraWide Monitors (stacked) | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Wheel: Logitech G29 | Rig: GT Omega Pro RS9 Cockpit | ButtKicker Gamer 2 | SimVibe

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn View Post
    Give it time and the MP rating will work itself out. If you're a bad driver, you'll get stuck with other bad drivers and will not be able to join higher ranked lobbies. If you continue to race clean, you'll get paired with clean drivers. Be careful on which lobbies you choose to join. Those who continue to ram and don't care about other players on the grid will not be able to participate in the higher ranked lobbies. Yes, I agree it's frustrating to lose points when you aren't the one causing accidents, but in the end it will weed out all of the over aggressive kids who can't drive properly.

I've had a few bad experiences in public MP lobbies, but overall I've had a blast and my wife is starting to hate me because I've been racing too much. Don't worry about points. Focus on your safety rating (try and get above U/F and you will find better races) and continue to race clean.
    Thanks I get what you mean. In project cars there were way too many maniac drivers that would ruin a race. I've always tried to keep it clean but just a little frustrated with all the freaking bugs in the game and then this rating stuff just added to it. I will try racing careful in back of the starting pack and make clean passes and see if things improve.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckman View Post
    Thanks I get what you mean. In project cars there were way too many maniac drivers that would ruin a race. I've always tried to keep it clean but just a little frustrated with all the freaking bugs in the game and then this rating stuff just added to it. I will try racing careful in back of the starting pack and make clean passes and see if things improve.
    When I first started racing in MP against other U/F drivers, I'd purposely try to start at the back of the pack anticipating a first corner pileup. It almost always happened. I'd let them wreck, carefully navigate my way through the mess and slow drivers then start working my way up the pack. Once you get past the first few pileups, you can start focusing on getting clean laps in which will help improve your safety rating.
    RWB Racing | Steam: Wired247 | Flickr: Wired 24/7 (PCARS 2 Eye Candy)
    CPU: i7 4790k | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: ASUS GTX 970 | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Red
    Displays: LG 34" UltraWide + LG 29" UltraWide Monitors (stacked) | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Wheel: Logitech G29 | Rig: GT Omega Pro RS9 Cockpit | ButtKicker Gamer 2 | SimVibe
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn View Post
    When I first started racing in MP against other U/F drivers, I'd purposely try to start at the back of the pack anticipating a first corner pileup. It almost always happened. I'd let them wreck, carefully navigate my way through the mess and slow drivers then start working my way up the pack. Once you get past the first few pileups, you can start focusing on getting clean laps in which will help improve your safety rating.
    You know that might be the only way to do it in pub lobbies but atm, since in P2P the safety setting doesn't block anyone getting in and dedi servers (which do block on safety setting) are a bit bust atm, it's awful. Just had 5 races this afternoon, drove deliberately cautiously and got mullered in every single race. In one there were 4 or 5 people lurking to ram as you passed. Had to leave 2 races to protect my safety rating and dropped back to a C rating - the first time I've dropped a rating in weeks and this was my first ever afternoon spent racing public lobbies. They need to get the rating blocking working asap cos at the moment I'm just not going in public lobbies unless they are a dedi lobby and at least D min safety rating.

I'll retain hope that it gets better over time but atm pub lobbies are as bad as they have ever been and you just get more angry now as your safety rating gets screwed to boot (double angry if you care about your driver rating).

SMS - please sort the MP lobbies and rating controls out ASAP as this is hurting the game, and my Karma

EDIT - Sorry for the rant. One of those afternoons - sob
    Last edited by Rodders; 12-10-2017 at 17:37.

Platform
    PS4
    That sounds worse than ps4.
    Public lobby rank filter is working. It's red for me, if the safety or performance rank is too high.

Only a few times seen someone cutting track and purposefully wrecking.
    So far.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Going slightly off topic here but didnt think it warranted a new thread.

When in an online lobby, theres a coloured stripe on the right hand side of the rating box.... mine was blue but now its orange. Does anyone know what it means?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonFlux View Post
    Going slightly off topic here but didnt think it warranted a new thread.

When in an online lobby, theres a coloured stripe on the right hand side of the rating box.... mine was blue but now its orange. Does anyone know what it means?
    You should try to compare your skill rating with the skill rating needed. Maybe you're close to the minimum requirement? Just a guess...

About the rating/safety system: Works fine for me. I have C rating now after 20 online races. Never had a single griefer, but 3-4 accidents due to people not being used to the traffic jam in turn 1. Actually I was rank F after 3 races already, even though I got wrecked. But instead of rage quitting and spaming the chat with complaints, I kept driving without trying to blame the fault on someone.

I still drove round about 10 more races without rank limitation, so also with U people. They had accidents now and then, but nothing that could have been avoided. One time somebody was braking on a full straight because someone in front of him lose control, he got frightened and used the brakes too much and I slammed his back with about 250 km/h while they were already absolutely slow. Hell of a wreck. Went to the pits, got stuff repaired, and didn't even loose any rating in the end.

I think a lot of people who complain here are not cautious enough. Sure it's not your fault sometimes. But you still can avoid it. I mean use your common sense. 97% of the people are not having real races in real life, yet visited a racing school for years. So why do people still expect them to not make any mistakes? I always expect mistakes, so I am already thinking about what could go wrong if I tailgate someone. And this safed my butt several times. Knock on wood.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Morlboro, I'm used to racing in club lobbies where people all pretty much get racing etiquette and there are certainly no people there out to just cause havok in a race so I know what a good lobby looks like and that's where my standards are. Maybe that makes my critique a bit harsh for public lobbies.

However, the races I described having yesterday I was driving deliberately cautiously and I know how to avoid accidents in fact I make a point of it and regularly have a go at club members who don't slow down enough when there is an incident ahead.

It looks like you have been very lucky; "never had a single griefer" ; I find it almost hard to believe tbh. I ran into 5 different ones yesterday alone in only 5 races. In my experience getting several clean races in a row in public lobbies is the exception, not the rule.

Regarding people simply making mistakes - I get that too and again regularly remind my club that we are not pro racing drivers and mistakes happen (in fact I also at the same time point out a lot of pro races have way more incidents than ours lol). However when it happens in at least half the races you enter it gets wearing fast.

Sounds like you have been lucky and/or way more tolerant to this sort of poor and malicious driving but many are not - I personally join races to have a good clean race with nose to tail action and excitement, not damage limitation and chatting to the pit guys each race for giggles.

I agree that many are not cautious enough by far but I'm not one of them and yesterday was very frustrating. The rating system, in particular the safety rating, is supposed to help hugely improve the online public lobby experience and my post, while admittedly coming from a ranty place (apologies again for that) was to draw attention to how important it is for myself, and many others, that the controls it is supposed to enforce start working ASAP so people like myself can have a nights racing with maybe only 1 first corner pile up rather than several.